Thread: Deathgrip

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Deathgrip

Quote Originally Posted by Xmile
    /slap its the same as charge... but without stun... oh w8, charge has smaller cooldown
    Ya seriously, I don't see why people QQ so much about death grip when warriors can charge twice as often as DKs can death grip, plus warriors have intercept.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Ya seriously, I don't see why people QQ so much about death grip when warriors can charge twice as often as DKs can death grip, plus warriors have intercept.
    Oh and don't forget, warriors can spell reflect DG and pull the DK to them =D (or so my DK friend says)

because if warrior wants to charge in combat he actually needs to spec for it. Intercept is in another stance, If dk's could use it only in certain "stance" it would be ok. But still imo Deathgrip isnt game breaking, chains of ice is.

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    Oh and don't forget, warriors can spell reflect DG and pull the DK to them =D (or so my DK friend says)
    This is true.... I've seen it done before
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

It can seem OP because Unholy have a pet that other people are trying to peel off or kite. Also because you pull them TO you which can be in range of other people. Warriors charge but they put themselves in the action, not bring it to them. Deathgrip can be classified as group utility. That's why people QQ if it's OP'd or not. It's a new mechanic that will always be here though.

consider dg being a charge for your whole team. double melee ftw?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by deneweth
    Drop the jackassery. Its not cute and you aren't funny. We disagree and /gasp neither of us is right or wrong. Its an opinion.

Yes you are able to come up with an ideal scenario where DG is OMGNURF OP. I am also able to come up with a similar scenario where its not really that OP compared to the alternatives. The fact is that without DG then DKs have no gap closing and are worthless in pvp. They would gladly trade DG+CoI for charge/intercept/intervene+hamstring.

Half your argument isn't even about death grip. Wouldn't chains of ice, cyclone/sheep/silence or even bursting someone down in a matter of a few seconds be OP? How is DG specifically OP? What does it allow you to do that can't be reproduced with other abilities that is so damn over powered?

Please try to be civil and rational in your arguments. Flaming just makes you look like the kid that lost an arena match and has to QQ on the interweb.

edit: about battle grounds

Please don't even suggest balancing the game around battle grounds. I'm sorry you get DGed into the front lines. Most classes have some sort of defensive or escape abilities to counter this. It really isn't worth balancing the game around it, especially considering the alternative is just letting ranged sit back and pick people off. You're in a battle ground, its a battle and you're going to die.
    If I'm a jack ass, what are you? You don't even read my posts. I said I DONT FIND IT OP (it certainly is strong with chains to peel) and you rant on and on and on about it. I never said I want to balance it around BGs too, i just mentioned it to illustrate how it is not a charge at all. btw, you are not flaming and accuse me of being a kid? Maybe you should grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    because if warrior wants to charge in combat he actually needs to spec for it. Intercept is in another stance, If dk's could use it only in certain "stance" it would be ok. But still imo Deathgrip isnt game breaking, chains of ice is.
    Good proposal actually. Make it only available in Frost Stance. Eventhough lacking the extra dmg and speed (isn't it?) from Blood Stance isn't gonna change alot, it'll still change something, and have the DKs use 2 global cooldowns to use it, back and forth between stances. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by oli
    Good proposal actually. Make it only available in Frost Stance. Eventhough lacking the extra dmg and speed (isn't it?) from Blood Stance isn't gonna change alot, it'll still change something, and have the DKs use 2 global cooldowns to use it, back and forth between stances. Just my 2 cents.
    Blood presence makes you do 15% more damage and heal yourself for 4% of the damage you deal. Unholy presence makes you attack 15% faster.

The long ass CD on death grip makes it fair to use in any presence, imo.

DarkAxius

I look at it this way... if you were having any effect on the DK's healer when you got deathgripped to the DK you should be able to take him out while the healer sorts himself out. The other way of looking at this is... if the DK isn't attacking you then he's on your healer which means either way you're gonna end up 1v1 on the DK, either with or without a healer. Hell, I'd say the DK is doing a better job than you because at least he's covering his healer.

Welcome to the world of 2v2 examples of DPS + healer vs DPS + healer.