Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The REAL reason I hate mp5

They are not trying to balance our mana regen. It was a 100% nerf. If they wanted to balance our mana regen they would have increased the MP5 on gear by about 50-75%. They wanted to nerf our mana regen and they did, it was what needed to be done. I cant recall the last time i went OOM....do you see the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Rank 13 HL is 1274 mana, not 700.
    Okay, same scenario.

.60*(120*1274) = 91,728 mana
    .5*91,728 = 45,864 Mp5 needed now.
    45,864/1.25 = 36,691 Mp5 needed in 3.2 after revalued.
    36,691/72 = 509 Mp5 needed to make up for the Illumination nerf.

15+ Year Old Account

Thats a LOT of Mp5.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    509 Mp5 needed to make up for the Illumination nerf.
    Christ. Thats like having a constant mana tide. Not not really but that really is a shit ton of MP5 needed.

my mp5 is 750!
    O wait I'm a priest...

mp5 doesnt scale neither does the mana cost of your heals

Quote Originally Posted by notintheface
    What was the fake reason?
    I think this is the real question that everyone is asking themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    Okay, same scenario.

.60*(120*1274) = 91,728 mana
    .5*91,728 = 45,864 Mp5 needed now.
    45,864/1.25 = 36,691 Mp5 needed in 3.2 after revalued.
    36,691/72 = 509 Mp5 needed to make up for the Illumination nerf.
    wouldnt u have to factor in that you will be loosing crit to get the extra mp5?

If you are ballsy enough to make a discussion up about scaling, which you should not, you should bear in mind that as it stands and after the changes mp5 scales with crit as any additional mana pool made available over the course of a fight increases the amount of mana that illumination is presented with in order to regenerate mana through crits. It always has, and this same math is what makes regeneration through replenishment/int so powerful. If you are stupid enough to straw man up this point as an attack on the value of mp5, feel free, but I'm not talking about anything but the fact it does.

On the other hand, let's step back to reality. You cast spells. They cost mana. They do things. Get over this nonsense idea that there is some magical fantasy land of scaling where you gibber on about how you are delighted about some word you were taught in grade eight that you have become enamoured with. Numbers lead to numbers. That's it. MP5 doesn't suck because its a different flavour of popsicle, it sucks because it sucks. Period. It doesn't matter if it does or does not scale, it doesn't matter how it feels or what you think about it. You are not eating mp5, you're not dating it, you do not have to have a conversation with mp5's mother. Do you talk to the gasoline you put in your car? Do you have conversations with dog food? Does the fact manure "doesn't scale" make it less appealing? This is what you sound like.

If it sucks less after the patch, that's grand, though it still seems like you'll want to work around Int as your primary regen stat anyway, and crit works so well with FoL I doubt crit is going out the door either. Illumination will be worse after the patch, we'll be worse no matter how Ghostcrawler tries to describe being able to play worse as a buff, and meanwhile you still aren't dating mp5. Stop talking to it like it has feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    If you are ballsy enough to make a discussion up about scaling, which you should not, you should bear in mind that as it stands and after the changes mp5 scales with crit as any additional mana pool made available over the course of a fight increases the amount of mana that illumination is presented with in order to regenerate mana through crits. It always has, and this same math is what makes regeneration through replenishment/int so powerful. If you are stupid enough to straw man up this point as an attack on the value of mp5, feel free, but I'm not talking about anything but the fact it does.

On the other hand, let's step back to reality. You cast spells. They cost mana. They do things. Get over this nonsense idea that there is some magical fantasy land of scaling where you gibber on about how you are delighted about some word you were taught in grade eight that you have become enamoured with. Numbers lead to numbers. That's it. MP5 doesn't suck because its a different flavour of popsicle, it sucks because it sucks. Period. It doesn't matter if it does or does not scale, it doesn't matter how it feels or what you think about it. You are not eating mp5, you're not dating it, you do not have to have a conversation with mp5's mother. Do you talk to the gasoline you put in your car? Do you have conversations with dog food? Does the fact manure "doesn't scale" make it less appealing? This is what you sound like.

If it sucks less after the patch, that's grand, though it still seems like you'll want to work around Int as your primary regen stat anyway, and crit works so well with FoL I doubt crit is going out the door either. Illumination will be worse after the patch, we'll be worse no matter how Ghostcrawler tries to describe being able to play worse as a buff, and meanwhile you still aren't dating mp5. Stop talking to it like it has feelings.
    Indeed. The reason why mp5 sucks isn't because it doesn't scale, it's because it's just plain worse. In imaginary numbers, say mp5 yields a benefit of 1, while the other stats are varying numbers, all of them above 1 though. It's not because mp5 doesn't get better that there's no point in taking it, it's because at any possible gear level, there's something better than mp5 to stack.