Idea: Pug-Friendly Loot System

Basically, I want to see a (pug-friendly)loot system based around this premise:

People who only need a select few items in an instance (thus passing on/already having all the other loot) should have a greater
    chance to get those items than people who need many other things as well as those few items.

There are many ways to do this. Here are a couple:

a. A system based on how many times you MS roll during the instance [this would only work on last bosses like KT].
    b. Tiered system based on items needed from that instance. [aka, based on how many times you WILL/INTEND TO roll MS during the instance]
    1a. ADDON:
    An addon would be needed that counts how many times people have rolled for their MS (Main Spec) during the instance.
    1b. ADDON:
    There should be an addon to atlasloot or something that lets people place a checkmark on each item they need in the instance.
    This data should be collected and sent to the Raid Leader's addon, showing him who needs what, and who needs how many items.

A sample ruleset (for option b, the tiered system) would be something like this:
    ---------------------
    -For each item a person needs (for Main Spec), they get -3 on their rolls. [optional]

-Once someone only needs 3 or fewer items in the instance, they are placed in the top tier

-Top tier gets a +5 roll bonus on their needed items, and they have the ability to "mark" one item per instance, giving them
    a +10 roll on said item.
    ---------------------
    Now, thats pretty lenient, and someone that needs a lot could STILL win the best item in the instance with a lucky roll.

Or, you could be a bit more unforgiving, and do something like this:
    ---------------------
    The Turning Tide drops.

"Top Tier MS roll"
    TT players roll, and if they have that item marked, say "marked", giving them first priority.
    "MS roll"
    "OS roll"

placing TT MS over everyone else's MS rolls, essentially guaranteeing them that loot.
    ---------------------
    This version is probably a bit harder to swallow for new players.

========
    EDIT:
    Another way I think option A would work (and be pug-friendly) is something like this:
    everyone starts with 100% roll value

every time you roll on something, you get -3 roll value for the remainder of the instance
    every time you win something, you get -9 roll value for the remainder of the instance

(the numbers can change obviously)
    ========

This is probably the simplest option of the post, to address the complaint that most of this is too complicated (which I understand).

Regardless, a system based on this premise rewards hard work and time spent in the instance, and/or rewards players for passing on lesser-needed items in favor of end boss loot that they have greater need of.
    However, I can't see how this would work on single-boss raids such as Malygos. It's more directed towards high-content 25man raids.

Feel free to throw around ideas or flame me if you must.

Re: Idea: Pug-Friendly Tiered Loot System

too complicated. most pugs won't realize it and just call you a ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

TLR

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    too complicated.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

not just easier to join a guild? :P

Wouldn't be terrible, it could be used as a "loot setting" like free for all, or need before greed - and just like any other pug, announce that this was the loot style. If people complained they could just leave :X

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    too complicated.
    Your best bet would be to have X number or rolls all raid and one most wanted roll at + 10 or whatever once you use it it is lost win or lose. use 1-1000 rolls for off spec or whatnot they won't count against. the carrot to keep people after they run out of rolls would be the use of 1-1000 rolls and crystals at the end. you might want to give people you fill in less rolls based on how far you are in but making it require add ones and such would make it hell of a pug just saying you have X number or rolls and just keep paper and pen handy to keep track of it all.

Or you could just do what any decent pug leader does these days. Run a +1 loot system OR give everyone in the pug 100 dkp to start with. As people bid on MS items, their dkp is depleted and have less or no chance of winning the better items at the end of the instance. Saw someone with an addon or macro for this, not sure, but it worked wonders. Some people waited til the end to spend theirs while I happily got stuff for min. bid for my alt shaman along the way. Win-win, I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Javanface
    Or you could just do what any decent pug leader does these days. Run a +1 loot system OR give everyone in the pug 100 dkp to start with. As people bid on MS items, their dkp is depleted and have less or no chance of winning the better items at the end of the instance. Saw someone with an addon or macro for this, not sure, but it worked wonders. Some people waited til the end to spend theirs while I happily got stuff for min. bid for my alt shaman along the way. Win-win, I'd say
    I like that one there is that ayatem where people bid gold on loot and it is put in a pot after and split among the raiders but if you have people coming and going that makes it hard you would want to have a hard end time for that. When pug for our guild we just keep track of roll winners and if you win you get pushed back down till people in your type get loot or pass. We keep Tier loot on a seprate winner list from normal loot. It seems to work but it noemal is a 80% guild run with 20% pugs so we have a good feel for the people.

start everybody in the raid at 100 DKP

everyboss down +10 dkp
    everyloot won -20dkp
    everymistake -5dkp

this places a lot of "effort" on the raid leader...

its easier if you just use common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritan

1b. ADDON:
    There should be an addon to atlasloot or something that lets people place a checkmark on each item they need in the instance.
    This data should be collected and sent to the Raid Leader's addon, showing him who needs what, and who needs how many items.

aka you want the addon, wishlist expanded?

Re: Idea: Pug-Friendly Loot System

See the edit.

I knew this would be too complicated for most pugs, but i'm sure we can find a way to make something that is a better alternative to free-rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by dunky
    aka you want the addon, wishlist expanded?
    Does it exist? because all I can find is normal wishlist, and I don't see that it has what i'm talking about.

If an addon like that exists, then WOW, why didn't i know about it -_-

If it doesn't, imagine how awesome it would be for the whole raid to see - with a good, clean, easy to read interface - exactly who needs what from the instance.
    you could see who is rolling against you for any given piece of loot, etc.

in pugs i make i just note who took how many items. then just give priority to ppl who took less.

usually people badly want items from last bosses. if they come only for those then they wont take loot from others. having 0 items looted gives them higher priority.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

GDKP is the best pug loot system!

Wazdakka

PUG-Friendly Loot System:

1. Don't join a PUG
    2. Join a proper raidgroup
    3. What the Fuck were you thinking?

proper raidgroups dont do naxx 25

gl on convincing 24 ppl in your guild to run your alt there
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

alt-runds in naxx 25 happens all the time tbh...