Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Double armor pen trinkets on a dps warrior worth it? (guild drama)

Quote Originally Posted by Airvio
    Finally someone who can read.......this recruit isnt complaining about not gettin the item

DID YOU READ WHAT HE SAID OR ARE YOU ILLITERATE?

We thought it was proposterous due to the fact that this warrior already had a grim toll and greatness card but we had no grim toll.
    I DUNNO JOHNNY, SOUNDS LIKE A QQ TRAIN TO ME.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeimatiger
    deathwaitsu = just a general douchebag.
    fix'd

deathwaitsu = warrior that rocks 2 arp trinkets
    ^ Druid that was butthurt about not getting loot. I can play this game too.

Edit: And who knows the warrior could have logged off after being AFK to go use the bathroom or something and hasn't changed over to the BiS set up? Or he could have left that set up just to piss off the druid and rogue because they are such hardcore raiders they can't get either one?

I don't see anything wrong with giving him the trinket over either of you. After looking him up on the armory, he is using MJ+Greatness and not stacking the 2 arp trinks. No reason to give someone new anything over someone who has helped get you to where you are now.

My biggest concern would have been if he was going to fall under the hit cap which he did not since he spec'd for precision.

All I got out of your wall of text was you didn't get loot you wanted from the guild you joined knowing how loot was distributed. Better luck next week.

Upgrade is an upgrade imo especially a 10 man one lol

ps. It appears said "loot whore bad warrior" is gemmed almost entirely ArP

My favorite line in his wall of text is:

yes my rogue and his feral druid out dps this warrior and we both have no grim toll or mjolnir runestone
    You better out dps him as a rogue. Ya know, pure DPS class vs. a Hybrid? Sorry if you thought you were pro for a second out dps'ing a dps warrior as a rogue.

It's been cleared up, he said he mislinked his greatness and meant to link the grim toll for replacement. The person doing the loot had stated he linked greatness card to be replaced by the runestone and not his grim toll, so it wasnt a who knows he could have been afk and it accidently ended up like that on armory. The armory previously did show him wearing both trinkets. I have no problem with raider priority etc, people missed the point in this post but you cant expect winners everywhere, for those that understood the concept thank you for your shared belief.

For those that wish to individually quote certain places of my original post in a means to blur the original meaning of the post, congratulations to you for your tunnel vision. Look at the bigger picture, the only point of saying I didnt have the trinket was to show that overall, a warrior wielding both trinkets would not increase the dps of the raid as much as it would giving it to someone else without that kind of trinket, it didnt have to be me, in that case I was one of a few who didnt have an armor pen trinket.

The only relevance that me not getting the trinket is that if it wasn't me I would be making this post. It was the principle behind it.

The point of the post was to say someone was actually saying they would use both armor pen trinkets as if it was a viable setup. It has nothing to do with whether he gems ArP or not, it was the fact that he tried to use that as an excuse (well now we know it was a mistake on the loot announcers part that wasnt cleared up). People just want to see what they want to I guess and ignore the main purpose of the post. Clearly if he was replacing greatness card and stacking grim toll with mjolnir runestone it wouldn't be an upgrade Vampyrr, please pay attention.

People just come up with some crazy scenarios, if you read the original post you would know that saying "maybe he went afk and it just happened like that" would have nothing to do with this scenario since the loot giver announced he was planning on stacking both trinkets, so this isnt left to chance of afk profiling, christ the reading comprehension amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsk8r

The only relevance that me not getting the trinket is that if it wasn't me I would be making this post. It was the principle behind it.
    Oh sure it was... *rolls eyes*

Btw gratz on being on your new GM's @#$%list 13 days into your new guild.

I'm confused, if I don't agree with you I tunnel visioned your original post? No sorry you need to look a little closer at the situation. You're an app in a guild. You went on the raid knowing how loot was done. It was given to a player that was determined to have more need/dedication. You come here and whine about it.

It sounds like you either need to simply leave this guild and find one that I guess randoms "hard" mode loot or go pug nax a few times and pick up grim since you don't have it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...is&gn=One+Shot

If this is you (only rogue in said guild w/out grim) Your trinks are fine! I agree it would have been an upgrade but it looks like an upgrade for the war as well since his profile shows him wearing it w/ greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrek
    I'm confused, if I don't agree with you I tunnel visioned your original post? No sorry you need to look a little closer at the situation. You're an app in a guild. You went on the raid knowing how loot was done. It was given to a player that was determined to have more need/dedication. You come here and whine about it.

It sounds like you either need to simply leave this guild and find one that I guess randoms "hard" mode loot or go pug nax a few times and pick up grim since you don't have it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...is&gn=One+Shot

If this is you (only rogue in said guild w/out grim) Your trinks are fine! I agree it would have been an upgrade but it looks like an upgrade for the war as well since his profile shows him wearing it w/ greatness.

Well thanks for the compliment, I understood the loot rules I just didnt think stacking both trinkets made sense. Sure now the warrior's profile shows him with greatness/mjolnir but the original announcement was that he intended on using both the grim toll and runestone at the same time which seemed selfish and outrageous. I would assume that even if someone had higher rank priority, if they had some kind of rediculous desire for an item they already had or wasnt an upgrade, then it would be given to someone who actually needed it. So since some people established that grim toll/runestone wasn't viable then its not an upgrade and is a silly request which I would think would not apply to raider priority because it wouldnt truly help him out, it would hinder him more than using grim toll/greatness.

Otherwise I have no problem with raiders getting loot over me, I actually like that idea and welcome it, I just wanted some sensible reasoning involved with it.

yea a guild in rebuild mode with 7 raiders, who wouldn't be raiding without the initiates. It just showed that the guild leader was a loot whore thats it.
    Wait we are talking about 10-man Ulduar here, correct? 7/10 is more than enough to carry a decent pug and a couple of recruits through most of the hard modes :| Sooo.. as many others before me have suggested; an upgrade is an upgrade regardless of how insignificant it may be in comparison, and in all cases unless stated otherwise it should be expected that full members of a given guild would be awarded loot over recruits. End of story. Feel free to continue about with the discussion over class mechanics though, I found that interesting :-D

Quote Originally Posted by lostsk8r
    Well since it is a loot council, the GM is equal to the otehr councils, so being on shitlist of one member out of four isn't necessarily as bad as you make it.
    Since you obviously don't understand how Loot Councils work 99% of the time, I'll let you in on a little secret.

*ppssstttt* The GM ALWAYS has some extra pull on a loot council in certain situations cause ya know, he's the GM?

Nice edit btw. My quote caught you though.

He has equal pull, since they say its not a true GM spot because its a council of 4 people, he's not absolute power, although he could be if he wanted but they like to think of it as 4 GM's. Not to say hes not important, just clarifying that one person's bias is countered by 3 others unless of course he persuades them I'm a bad person which probably isnt hard to do.

Anyway off to bed, its been cleared up anyway.

It'll probably be cleared up when you log on guildless in the morning. Nighty night, sweetpea.

Quote Originally Posted by deathawaitsu
    It'll probably be cleared up when you log on guildless in the morning. Nighty night, sweetpea.
    I lol'd IRL ;D

wtb screenshots of /gkick

1. New members shouldn't get upgrades over older members, ever
    2. Mjolnir Runestone is a pretty large upgrade over Grim Toll for a DPS warrior
    3. It is best in slot
    4. Because he has Grim Toll doesn't exclude him from getting an upgrade
    5. You getting the Runestone over the older member won't help you clear instances faster than keeping older members happy
    6. You are a recruit, stfu
    7. You should have picked up a Grim Toll when you ran naxx

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    First off your recruits. When it comes to gear recruits always get the shaft. That is the basic rule of any loot system. Recruits get loot when it is about to get sharded. So if it is a slight upgrade in the least to a regular member the recruit should not get butt hurt.

If I was the guild leader I would boot you out for this. Raiding is a team effort and there is rules on the team. If you don't like the rules find another team to play with. Don't be trying to throw mud around just because you don't get your way. Besides in about 3 months there will probably be a new BiS item for rogues.
    /agree, a probationary member is exactly that. Your there on a trial period so that the Guild can see if you are a good player and a good person. So raising a stink about not getting a peice of loot seems like your rather shooting yourself in the foot in that regard. Besides its not like Thorim hard mode is actually hard anyways lol.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy

Mjol/greatness > Grim/Greatness > Mjol/*almost any other 213 trinket* > Grim/*almost any other 213 trinket* > Mjol/grim
    fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.