15+ Year Old Account

Paladin mp/5 change suggestion

Hello,

I was thinking lately why is MP/5 so weak when compared to other stats (Paladin Point of View) and I came to conclusion that it is not only too weak and values from it are negligible but also complete lack of scaling. 100 intellect will give you following (taken from EJ)

Current values:

126.5 Intellect, with BoK and Divine Intellect
    1897 Mana at the start of the fight
    39.5mp5 from Divine Plea, if its used on CD.
    21.3mp5 from Replenishment, with 90% uptime.
    4.7mp5 from Arcane Torrent, if you are a Blood Elf.
    25.3 Spell Power
    0.759% Spell Crit

This should be compared to 43.75mp5 what we would get if we gemmed mp5 instead int

Now I don't know what are current values for stats allocation, but I suggest from gems that 16 int (Brilliant Autumn's Glow [16 int] = Lustrous Sky Sapphire [7m5] or [8.75m5] with 25% bonus to mp5 after patch)

I will compare now 3.2 values between 100 int and mp5 equivalent

3.2 values:

121 Intellect with BoK and Divine Intellect
    1814 Mana at the start of the fight
    37.8 mp5 from DP
    20.4 mp5 from Replenishment
    24.2 Spell Power
    0.7259% Spell Crit

mp5 value of intellect (based on gem value) is (100/16)*8.75 = 54.68 = 55mp5

In my opinion even after buff mp5 is not worth for paladins, DP and Replenishment will provide more regen from intellect (37.8+20.4 = 58.2 vs 54.68) then mp5 itself which is just bad.

Suggestion:

I would like to suggest scaling of mp5 from Haste. Basicly % of haste would make you get mana from mp5 not every 5 seconds but 5 minus Haste. Example: With 30% haste we would get mana every 3.5 sec instead every 5. This would buff mp5 greatly and made it desirable stat because changes in 3.2 are clearly not enough. I am also sure this would need some cap so stacking haste won't bring this too much over top.

Re: Paladin mp/5 change suggestion

MP5 is still gonna be bad for Paladins, nothing new to me.

However, the change you have suggested is quite unreasonable because all other classes will QQ and want the same. Remember that blizzard wants to make all classes the same and if they give something new to one class, then they have to give it to another and another.... sooner or later they give in to the QQ. Perfect example/proof is the vindication change.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think about this as paladin only change because mp5 is bad for everyone, this is with paladin numbers

CBA to search for values of priests, druids and shamans...

15+ Year Old Account

anyone with some form of feedback?