Soul Link in 3.2

With the changes to pet scaling and resilience, pets now recieve 40% of our resi as I'm sure most people who read the forums know by now.

Resi also reduces damage, so now that our pets have it will the damage they recieve through Soul Link be reduced too?
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

Re: Soul Link in 3.2

Warlocks will be immune to damage in 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Puumeri
    lol

Yeah, apparently GC's son is rerolling a warlock, and he doesnt want his own blood to be humiliated.

I doubt it. Since the damage cannot be prevented as described by the tooltip for Soul Link, the damage from Soul Link will merely ignore pet resilience.

I highly doubt that the 20% damage that is already being effected by your res will also be effected by the pets res, also soul link doesn't count as reduced damage.

and everyone will be immune to warlock's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fail
    Yeah, apparently GC's son is rerolling a warlock, and he doesnt want his own blood to be humiliated.
    Yea since
    http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...breakdown.html
    warlock is a bit low.

Quote Originally Posted by Screecher
    I highly doubt that the 20% damage that is already being effected by your res will also be effected by the pets res, also soul link doesn't count as reduced damage.
    even it is not a damage reduction effect it still count toward it when you calacuted damage reduction stacking.
    which is not good for warlocks.....

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by smapple
    With the changes to pet scaling and resilience, pets now recieve 40% of our resi as I'm sure most people who read the forums know by now.

Resi also reduces damage, so now that our pets have it will the damage they recieve through Soul Link be reduced too?
    Here's an actual answer for you: The damage you take is already reduced by your resilience. Therefore when it is split with your pet, it is NOT reduced further by the pet's armor/etc.

Test it yourself: Pop your void and have a mob hit it (takes 200 damage, lets say). Pull aggro and have it hit you (take 400 damage). Pop soul link (you take 320, pet takes 80).

Pet will never take 40 and you 320.

R.I.P. YARG

I'm not to sure about that with the test the poster above stated he's basing it all on damage reduction through armor which I always thought that the damage caused by soul link is classed as magic which would be the reason you don't see the damage being reduced with a void pet.

Haha. It'll be the first Blizz employee/employee relative not to roll a Paladin. Amazing. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    Damn, didnt know paladin representation was that immense in all the brackets 0o

Damn, didnt know paladin representation was that immense in all the brackets 0o
    FotXpac class

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    FotXpac class
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    FotXpac class
    Translation = Flavour of the exspansion class, every idiot rolled a retardin for wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Jona
    Haha. It'll be the first Blizz employee/employee relative not to roll a Paladin. Amazing. =)
    You mean rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrosco
    I doubt it. Since the damage cannot be prevented as described by the tooltip for Soul Link, the damage from Soul Link will merely ignore pet resilience.
    Indeed, as it is damage taken by the warlock, so it doesn't matter what resilience the pet has.