Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: I'm definitely trying out this on PTR

Darken you have a lot of faith in something you haven't had a single opportunity to test. Why don't you be patient and get the chance to test it before you pass judgement on a new mechanic which we don't even have numbers for.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I'm surprised you have a 2050 rating, I hope your BG is worth a damn.
    Blackout is actually one of the two best battlegroups in Europe. The other one being Cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fail
    Blackout is actually one of the two best battlegroups in Europe. The other one being Cyclone.
    I have a little more confidence, but I still think the OP has tunnel vision considering that he thinks a DoT ability will be good for ret in arenas. Especially considering that repentance breaks on damage. As well as blind/garrote/sap etc.

The changes are interesting, but we don't have ANY numbers to show real changes. We have some simple %'s that blizz gave us and that's it.

All I'm saying is that before people jump to conclusions and try to write the new book on ret pve and pvp they should probably base it on real numbers and trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    It is going to be too unreliable in Arena PvP for the vast majority of the time.
    How is a constant dot unreliable?

Also the only problem with a dot as ret paladin is to keep it from hitting the target you are going to cc. Shouldn´t be a problem. After all ret play 2v2 with druids, who are using insect swarm and priest with SWain.

If you are going to change target you can always think ahead and change seal.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I think you're special.

You have 0 idea what the contributing coefficients are for the spell. Any damage will break repentance, and divine storm will proc the seal 100% on any target. having dots on targets you need to repentance to make the clutch burst move is devastating.

Unless they "fix" repentance, SoV will not be used in pvp, ever. The most critical thing you can do in pvp is the timing and success of your cc's.
    I bet there will be a minor glyph that removes all DoT effects with Repentance.... or they could, ya know, make it break on damage like Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I bet there will be a minor glyph that removes all DoT effects with Repentance.... or they could, ya know, make it break on damage like Fear.
    They've been struggling to fix it for RV, and didn't they, once upon a time, mention fixing it for SoV, too? I think that was still BC, though, so who knows. Maybe they'll get it right this time. Giving it a maximum damage would be suhweeeeeeet, or yeah... just make it like fear, that'd be neat, too.

Anyway.

I think SoV isn't completely out of the race yet for a PvP seal, as a few people have suggested, who are, in my humble opinion, no different from the OP by being 100% certain about something they don't know the whole story behind. You know who you are.

They said they were nerfing SoComm's judgement damage, it currently hits just a little harder than Blood, but then again, SoV's Judgement only hits for a little less than blood's. If SoV winds up with a hard enough hitting Judgement, it might be worth it against certain classes. A DoT alone isn't going to win us any matches, but it could be the straw that breaks a camel's back against classes that absorb the beating instead of outrunning it.

the only problem is that it lasts 15 seconds. unless your plan is to constantly stick to one target (which is decent sometimes) then its gonna be a problem. im going to try it anways tho

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    the only problem is that it lasts 15 seconds. unless your plan is to constantly stick to one target (which is decent sometimes) then its gonna be a problem. im going to try it anways tho
    Same.

If it doesn't work out every time, or ever at all, who cares?

What's important is knowing your class's tools in and out, up and down. Sometimes you run into a situation, caused by class comps or enemy player's preferences in playstyle, that a tool that you would never otherwise use, becomes the perfect counter.

Using SoV in PvP will happen, and it will probably be incredibly valuable to have the OPTION to switch to it against certain class/comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Ret burst is too big atm for making rep stronger. Maybe with the burst nerf rep will need a buff, since it's a long cooldown cc, should be like hex.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Ret burst is too big atm for making rep stronger. Maybe with the burst nerf rep will need a buff, since it's a long cooldown cc, should be like hex.
    Its a long CD CC with a short duration. Then again, Blizzard does want to make Arena matches longer, so sticking to a particular target might be the new "strategy", especially in 2s (unless the other team lacks a healer).