10+ Year Old Account

Divine Fury vs Spell Warding?

Hey hey

Im looking at moving a few points in holy around, right now am 57/14/0. All I do is Uld 10, Naxx25, OS etc. I was thinking of giving up Divine Fury for Spell Warding. As disc I find I hardly ever use gheal, i mean like once a raid if that!

So I was kicking around the idea that 10% less spell damage may be worth it for extra mitigation on fights like Hodir. Curious if anyone else has gone this way and if the casting time lost for the less damage is worth it.

Re: Divine Fury vs Spell Warding?

Many Disco AND Holy priest are dropping Divine Fury for Spell Warding. Basically, if you very rarely cast Gheal during combat, this talent is a waste of points. I went all last week without casting GH as a Holy priest.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Many Disco AND Holy priest are dropping Divine Fury for Spell Warding. Basically, if you very rarely cast Gheal during combat, this talent is a waste of points. I went all last week without casting GH as a Holy priest.
    I think spell warding is a better investment than divine fury if you're disc... I never put points into gheal in my disc spec right from the start of LK. However, instead of spellwarding you could choose to get healing focus or imp renew (if you haven't already)... I think healing focus is a nice utility to have up your sleeve... imp renew is a bit meh, but it gives you another tool that is worth using on occasion. It kind of depends what content you're doing... if you're tryign to progress in Uld as a priority and ur having troubles in encounters like mimiron you spellwarding might give you more value.

Spell Warding rocks.

Especially if you are doing any Hard Mode stuff - 10% magic reduction.

15+ Year Old Account

IMO Imp Renew, Healing Focus, Holy Specialization should be the first 10 points in Holy tree
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Healing Focus is very useful in a disc template.

Your primary heal is a channeled one, with a 8sec CD on it.

I take Spell Warding in my disc spec, and I think most disc priests do. The 10% reduction is a much better bonus than reduced cast time on a spell you never use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

15+ Year Old Account

why would anyone take spell warding over imp renew and healing focus?

and please dont tell me you have those already and skipped holy specialization
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

i always go spell warding with my holy spec with serendipity thers no real reason to get divine fury if u ever did have to cast gheal. i also get holy spec as well as 2 points in both healign focus and improved renew. my spec is http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbh...ihMezAo:0mNzVM

due to the % u get to reduce cast tiem of gheal u can skip out on the points in divinie fury and be jsut fine if u do have to cast it. in my spec i have points in test of faith but i tend to bounce those points between empowered renew and test of faith depending what i think i need for that raid. since ulduar came out ive yet to use divine fury when im holy or disc and i doubt ill ever use it.

yeah especially if you're trying to do hardmodes id drop divine fury, gheal is pretty terrible... also emp. healing is pretty lackluster, theorycrafting has shown blessed resilience to be better point for point

edit: looking at that talent calc I would also try to get at least one point into empowered renew if you use it at all, for the added holy concentration uptime

Oh oh, I wish there was a special thread for talent build discussion.

Oh wait......