Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Midsummer Issues, Blue posts, Comics

Wahh Wahh, the WoW community is a bunch of babies. WTB community transplant with Everquest circa 1999.

The changes were needed. Take a look around and you would notice that.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Protoluz
    Remember that replenishment is also being buffed
    .25% less mana every 5 seconds isn't a buff

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Replenishment: This buff now grants 1% of the target's maximum mana over 5 seconds instead of 0.25% per second. This applies to all 5 sources of Replenishment (Vampiric Touch, Judgements of the Wise, Hunting Party, Enduring Winter Frostbolts and Soul Leech).
    Not that I don't agree with some of your other statements, though not the attitude, but replenishment has not been buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoluz
    FFS pallys, Is it so difficult to change some of the INT/SP gems for MP5? If so just go and play another class/game. Most pallys will learn to adjust from this nerf like they have done in the past.
    Even if his math is off, 60% of your healing is overhealing 30% more than the same geared priest. Like he said at the moment your regen is so good spells might as well cost nothing for the pally...
    Remember that replenishment is also being buffed so tbh i don't think your going to notice this nerf as much as your qq about. And well if u do notice it u can regem/chant your gear for regen.
    1) mp5, even with the buff, even if we replace all our gems to mp5, wouldn't give us the level of regen, illumination gives
    2) replenishment is nerfed, not buffed, learn to read
    3) If spells cost nothing, we wouldn't go OOM on the hard mode encounters
    4) Yes, we will sure learn to adjust to this nerf, point is they call it buff
    5) Priests have their advantages and disadvantages. Paladins used to have too, before 3.2. After 3.2 they will probably be out of the competetive raiding, while Blizzard are lying about them being "the best healers".
    5) If you have no idea about the topic, better stay silent, people around can think you are actually smart this way

1) mp5, even with the buff, even if we replace all our gems to mp5, wouldn't give us the level of regen, illumination gives
    a)But with the nerf to illumination you might have to regem/chant

a)Sorry miss read

a) Question. Do you still manage to kill the boss on "Hard Mode" or do u wipe on them? If you wipe because of mana problems that could be that the raid is not ready for that particular "Hard Mode" encounter.

a) But with the buff to BoL so the pally is better at raid healing is a buff no?

5) Priests have their advantages and disadvantages. Paladins used to have too, before 3.2. After 3.2 they will probably be out of the competetive raiding, while Blizzard are lying about them being "the best healers".
    a) Sorry i thought PvE healing was about keeping raid members alive so that it kills the boss = Achievement and progression.

5) If you have no idea about the topic, better stay silent, people around can think you are actually smart this way
    a)Why the fuck do u have to try and offend me? Did i offend you?

a)But with the nerf to illumination you might have to regem/chant

That will not help much, I am afraid. This nerf is changing what we are doing. Gathering mp5 in all slots and at all gems won't allow to keep it. We will see, how bad it's gonna be.

a)Sorry miss read

That's answer your last question. I am not trying to offend you, but if you are saying that replenishment is buffed while in reality it was nerfed, I doubt you have enough information to judge about paladins.

a) Question. Do you still manage to kill the boss on "Hard Mode" or do u wipe on them? If you wipe because of mana problems that could be that the raid is not ready for that particular "Hard Mode" encounter.

At the moment for most hard battles I am OOM right about the end of the battle, with LoH being used. Not sure why you put "Hard mode" in quotation - hard mode is official Blizzard's term.

a) But with the buff to BoL so the pally is better at raid healing is a buff no?

No. For paladins, who did know how to use BoL for most effect not much will change.

a) Sorry i thought PvE healing was about keeping raid members alive so that it kills the boss = Achievement and progression.

When I say competitive raiding I mean those guilds/groups which are trying to get first kills of the bosses or at least to have boss killed as soon as possible. Sure, at some level of raid gear this mana regen nerf won't matter. But on the edge paladins could found themself right below threshold and outta raid.

a)Why the fuck do u have to try and offend me? Did i offend you?

answered above. sorry, don't have offense in mind anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dje
    Go take a look at some WWS reports instead of whining and supposing from the get go that he's just spouting nonsense. The numbers i find on mine are actually worse (in terms of paladins getting much more than others thanks to illumination) than those he gave.

If you want to argue on spell cost difference or others, or the fact that you go OOM, fine. In this case however you are the one being stupid.
    Or maybe, just maybe, I would prefer the devs to take some time and show us the REAL math instead of just bullshitting us some more? Bah, but I'm just stupid. Why would I want ACTUAL numbers and some quality attention to my class?

Bornakk says that an in-game hotfix will recent the Midsummer Festival quests; any unfinished achievement such as Extinguishing Kalimdor will be reset and you will have to start over.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=1#10

Quote Originally Posted by Bornakk
    6/22/09

* We are in the process of applying an in-game fix that will restart all of the quests associated with the Midsummer Fire Festival event and allow players to complete them once again. If you are in the process of completing an achievement such as Extinguishing Kalimdor, this fix will reset your progress and you will need start over. This fix will require realms to be restarted.

If you want an evidence of GC arrogance, just follow the "source" link of the OP and see some more of his arguments down the thread:

Look, we’re not haggling over the price of a used car here. The designers make the changes we think are right for the game. If you disagree with the changes, you are welcome to provide feedback. Sometimes when players seem to have trouble understanding our design direction I might throw out some numbers of the kind of thing we are seeing. Players typically attack those numbers, which does almost nothing to further their cause, because those are the numbers we see and are balancing around. Those are the numbers we feel are correct. It is different when players come up with their own numbers because then you are campaigning for us to change something. The obligation is on your end to convince us to make a change. The obligation is not on our end to ask permission for us to change the numbers in the game (though we will ask for feedback).

[...]

We don’t have to justify our decisions at all, and often don’t. Given that, when we try to explain why we are making a particular change, it might behoove you to consider things from our point of view instead of always concluding “Their numbers are just wrong.” This is why we provide numbers so rarely – because the community as a whole stops looking at the broader design issue (which is of far more interest to us) and wants to quibble about whether the numbers are accurate. We aren’t looking for feedback on our numbers. We are looking for feedback based on the design changes we might make as a result of those numbers.

In this case those problems included that many paladins where casting HL on the MT forever and doing almost nothing else. We wanted to make paladin healing a little more dynamic. We wanted you to change targets and consider who you were healing. To do this we think we needed to nerf mana regen to avoid paladins from becoming enormously more powerful.

[...]

When 99% of the paladin community says something, we will listen. When a few dozen forum posters who might not have a problem with paladins being the best healer in the game have an axe to grind then you have to understand if we take it with a grain of salt.

[...]

Again, it doesn’t really matter. It doesn’t change anything if you believe the numbers or not. They are reasonably accurate numbers. My point was that paladin regen was much higher than that of other healers, perhaps even double or triple. That works okay in a world when paladins can’t be counted on to heal more than one target at a time. The Beacon change lets you much more reliably (though of course not at 100%) heal two targets at a time.

The right answer, in all honesty, would be for all holy paladins to cancel they account right after 3.2 is alive and to put an appropriate comment. Then probably GC would find the connection between "99% of paladin community" and "few dozen of forum poster"

From <a href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=20">here</a>, poster Kerenia:

"I'm not sure if GC or many of the posters get the point still. While XT Hard is definitely a decently difficult test of healing, it's not the fight we're concerned about - we don't have to thread nonstop holy light in between the boss swing timers for the tanks to survive there, and the only nonstop HL usage really comes during tantrum.

What we're really worried about is those hard-mode fights on the margins that require non-stop stop-casted holy lights for several minutes, like Iron Council Hard. In order to justify our raid spots we *need* to cast holy lights nonstop without breaks, and empirically we run out of mana in those situations unless we stop-cast at the risk of killing the tank.

"I would love to see a mechanic that would allow us to MT heal efficiently without stopcasting but unless either flash of light's scaling comes up to about 6-7K non-crit or we can stack and roll multiple FoL HOTs on the tank we will not have the throughput for an alternate strategy to be competitive. As a result, what we're worried about is that our current holy light spam situation on the tank just gets worse by 30% less illumination return and consequently more penalties for not stopcasting, with no alternatives available.

A great example of our inability to compete on a throughput or efficiency standpoint without illumination is the current fairly horrible situation for paladins on hard mode Vezax - holy paladins are often left to melee the boss until the Saronite Animus shows up, at which point they blow all of their mana.

While I understand that the beacon change requires an illumination nerf when considering the vast majority of bosses in Naxx and Ulduar, I believe what worries me and other paladins is that you've offered no reassurance that during the most difficult encounters in the game we will continue to have the longevity and throughput necessary to justify our position in raids. Bumping flash of light up to be competitive again or even better, allowing multiple SS's and stacking HOTs would go a long way in fixing that."

Very resonable concerns explanation from the same thread... One that, I am pretty sure, won't be addressed by GCmoron, as it can't be in a "we're not haggling over the price of a used car here" style.

More brilliant inside from arrogant GC comes:

Come 3.2 though a lot of players are going to be focused predominantly on the new content, so what happens in those fights will feel a lot more relevant than Patchwerk or XT.
    [...]
    No, you will not be able to spam Holy Light for 5 minutes on one target without stopping. We don’t think that design is good for the game. We are willing to balance the new content around that change if need be.
    Here is our answer. (1) New content will be adjusted to new paladins, no heavy continuous damage on tank, which would require paladin to spam-HL.&#160;
    (2) They don't care much about old content (3) If you want to finish hard mode on current content, better do it now.

And the pattern is also visible - they make the change, then when they realize that something is wrong with the change, they don't accept they make mistake, no, they make another change to compensate the previous one.&#160; Here's what I mean on other place when I said GC and gang are killing the game by increasing disbalance.&#160;

To say, we will design new bosses in the way that would hide our mistake with the premature change and we don't care about existing boses&#160; - that's the way to go....&#160;

On the other hand, if new bosses are adjusted to new paladins, that's probably not as bad in the end of the day, as old hard modes will be probably doable just because of gear advantage from new content - as 10 man Sarth 3D is currently doable pretty easy - kill Sarth before second drake lands.

Hypocratus, you are the worst poster I can recall offhand in my years of reading MMOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Soumamitsuko
    Hypocratus, you are the worst poster I can recall offhand in my years of reading MMOC.
    lol, at least I have some kind of difference even for you -)
    They have to have something like karma or rating over here, so if every body agree that Hypocratus is moron, for instance, they can vote and eventually he can't post as often.

I don't see why the compare pala with priest, they just nerfed the spirit and that wasn't necessary imo.

Do GC think everyone that plays a pally out there are complete idiots?
    - most of the fights are designed for high dmg, that means we need to cast HL no stop since FoL wont keep anything alive at current content.
    - pally regen its too high, of course it should be high, HL should be the most mana expensive healing in all game.
    - pally regen its too high still, of course, they made all the pallies to go that way with relic, tier x4 pieces set bonnus, grypho of wis, all the crit from naxx gear and divine plea benefit from intellect really well.

They praticaly made all pallies to HL spamm to be viable at PvE and now they are forcing us to change becouse ours regen its too high? BS.
    If i can recall all the nerfs we got for mana regen i ll try to list them:
    - divine plea debuff increased from 20% less healing to 50% while ticking;
    - BoW dont stack with mana totem anymore;
    - all the raid replenishment regen nerf;
    - Ulduar gear dont have crit or less crit than naxx gear (i dont want mp5 gear blizz);
    - SS only castable at 1 target per time;
    - Guardian nerfed to pally max health;
    - BoS nerfed to pally max health;

I could keep going... but i guess those are more than enoff.

Those are old nerfs, i dont even want to talk about ours next nerfs, they make me wander what should we do to compensate it and i dont have a answer for it yet.