Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ret- math behind changes

Yes, agree with the above posters. There is no way in hell Exorcism will have its CD removed. And to anyone questioning if the changes to ret paladin is a nerf, please learn to read posts from Blizzard more carefully. These PTR notes are a great day for paladins, and above all else, I am glad that as ret myself, I can finally have more fun playing my character.

aye agreed now i think on it, man wtb nuke and location of blizz's hq.... gits lol
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

Blizzard has already stated that the changes will be a buff to ret in PVE and a nerf to our burst in PVP.

The Crusader Strike change will be less burst, but more overall damage especially when you factor in seals. The switch to Seal of Vengeance as our main PVE seal will also provide a nice buff. With 5 points into Seals of the Pure it will be doing the same seal damage as Blood/Martyr currently do per hit, all the while providing the DoT damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ghola
    The change is a big nerf to other raid members receiving replenishment. It doesn't have much impact on ret mana.
    With 5 different specs capable of proc'ing Replenishment, I don't see the issue here. Assuming you are the ret, you will give the first 5 seconds and the shadow priest will pick up the next three seconds (in a perfect world). With hunters, mages, and warlocks all being capable of proc'ing Replenishment, any raid group could tweak their roster to make sure they keep it up 100% of the time. Assuming that only one person will maintain 100% uptime would be unrealistic because there are always gimmick fights where you have to move away.

EDIT: Currently replenishment grants .25% every second over 15 seconds. Assuming 100% uptime, you would regen 3.75% mana over those 15 seconds. With the change, Replenishment will grant 1% over 5 seconds or 3% over 15 seconds with 100% uptime. It is a minor nerf, but its certainly bearable. Just have multiple classes proc'ing it.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD