What I find in Disc Arenas a lot.

I run out of mana eventually, and die when shadow fiend has about a minute left on the cool down. How do I solve this problem? Spec for shorter shadow fiend cool down.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9947

I loose reflective shield, cheaper dispels, imp fort, desperate prayer, shorter cast on holy nukes. However I get a more frequent fear, mind flay for damage and snare, more hit for fear and shadow spells, more damage on shadow spells, mana return on SWP dispel, and a more frequent shadow fiend.

I do not think my survivability would change too much, in fact I think it would increase, in addition to a better mana pool in long fights.

Was just bored at work and tried to figure out what could be done for similar quirky specs like paladins playing as prot spec, or moonglow druids, etc. Boredom at work at its finest, any thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What I find in Disc Arenas a lot.

Could work I guess, but I think it would also depend on the combos your up against.

I currently use this spec in arena

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxIMzhGiMcsbbRxZGcfbRbo

Since me and my parther come up agasint alot of holy paladin healers at our rating (floating at 1900), I perfer silence over penance since we lack MS and interrupts, and the silence has won us many games imo. Nothing helps more than stopping a heal that could hit 20k on both targets.

??? this is dumb if your partner is good you shouldnt run outta mana before the match is over but on the rare occasion that you do go oom...just PW:S>PoM>renew your buddy and tell him to peel them off you and you go drink...i always like to be ahead on mana and use this strat even when im not close to oom..also another thing you can do is help with the opening burst on the dps so you can get the healer out in the open then clean him of buffs..PI then go to town with Mana burns..gg you win

You have to be prepared. When you start getting low, you need to do what the poster above me said. Have your DPS peel off whoever is on you. Shield, Renew and PoM your partner and get away. You can't wait until you are OOM to do this. I personally play with a feral Druid, who can peel off DPSers really well, so I have plenty of time to drink + innervate. Also, I have gotten a handful of KB's off of reflective shield, so I'm never getting rid of it :P Desperate Prayer, IMO, is a must in PVP. I mean, an instant heal for 1 point. I can see your reasons for going down the Shadow tree, I just don't think it's very solid. It's great in theory, but I have never seen that type of spec work in the long term. Not sure what kind of gear you have, but if you have issues with mana or a partner who can't peel people off you (get a new partner if that's the case), then pick up some more of the spirit/Mp5 pieces.

Good luck

I was thinking of a build almost exactly like this. It just feels like it'd be a really fun spec to play with both Mind Flay and Penance. The reduced CD on fear and shadowfiend would rock too. I would say to keep pts in reflect shield. That ~2k dmg per shield can be huge sometimes.

In the end, I decided to stay more cookie-cutter b/c with all the buffs to dps classes lately I've been needing Desperate Prayer more and more. Having a big instant heal in holy in combination with Penance in discipline is really invaluable in a world where players are just waiting to knock out a school of magic at a key moment.

Also, when I did the math, going deeper into holy for Divine Fury and Searing Light produces more damage than speccing 17 pts into shadow. This would help with the last poster's suggestion of helping to burst the dps.

You mentioned mana problems, that's really either a gear or partner issue. Priests seem to be the weakest caster when it comes to recovering mana, but it's still enough for almost any fight.

If you try it out, let us know how it goes. I really want to try it but don't want to spend the money on the respec =P

Quote Originally Posted by blee732
    Having a big instant heal in holy in combination with Penance in discipline is really invaluable in a world where players are just waiting to knock out a school of magic at a key moment.
    Priests command 2 schools of magic: shadow and holy (there is no disc school). Penance and Desperate Prayer are both holy spells.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Getting your Penance kicked locks you out of your Holy School.

Secondly, I play Feral/Disc - Innervates for everyone!