Thread: Banned today

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Banned today

Can someone fill me in on this because I'm actually confused.

People are being banned because they killed Flame Leviathan with less than a full raid? How is that an exploit? Is that not just slightly more skilled players than normal?

Wazdakka

Look at the post above yours. Now at the one above that. Now look at the bottom of it.

This is nuts.

Blizz should spend the time they are taking tracking down these clever PVE'rs and suspending them and instead fix their shitty boss mechanics.

Wazdakka

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesgift
    This is nuts.

Blizz should spend the time they are taking tracking down these clever PVE'rs and suspending them and instead fix their shitty boss mechanics.
    Because the developers working on raid boss mechanics are the ones taking out the trash, spending precious working hours not on 3.2 but on tracking down people who make minor indiscretions with certain game mechanic exploits.

I find it especially delicious that people are getting banned for this while achievements like http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=578 exist.

I am normally very pro-blizzard, but in this case I think they might be overreacting (for players that kept FL in his pen; if you took him out, the ban is warranted).

I have actually walked in from wiping on hard mode flame leviathan, just to have him one shot anyone that walked through the door. So if you can't kite him out of his "play pen", then how can he hit us outside his space before the fight is engaged?

Has it even been confirmed that the bans are because people are <25/<10 manning them? I haven't read this whole thread, but with the OPs post being vague as hell and no one else really knowing, it seems everyone is just jumping to that conclusion.

It's utter trash how stupid Blizzard is, they're banning SOOOO many people and have no facts or anything, they're just banning because they THINK that guilds have, in some way, exploited the fight. Ensidia exploited Freya and what happened to them..... nothing. If Flame Leviathan is such an issue, why would they do months of PTRs for Ulduar, then release this piece of trash encounter. Take FL out of Ulduar, out of the game and remove the bans that you so willy-nilly handed out to people who did not deserve them.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Getting banned for this is fucking hilarious

So i heard that if 21 other raid members are retards and die at the start by hugging FL, it's a bannable offense to be good enough to finish him off with two demolishers without exploits.

Well, if people can get banned for 4 manning FL, then logically, the above should be a bannable offense too, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

My 10 man guild did 25 man FL last week. We didn't have to kite him out of his area. The only reason that would happen is if not all our vehicles were there (usually first attempt due to vehicle swaps). Anyhow, 25 FL went down 2nd attempt. Hopefully these bans are not for having full raids as the current mechanics require only a fraction of the maximum number.

I'm supprised that people havent called the OP a troll, because he obviously is.

That screenshot of the gm having the convo with the player while disappointing isn't suprising. I guess when they have no real competition there's no need to provide exceptional customer service.
    [Insert Witty Signature Here]

There's a few other of these posts already, for people that haven't seen them yet, I'm assuming this is the same thing, masses of people (entire guilds) getting 72 hour bans for supposedly kiting Flame Leviathan in a less-than-honorable way, although many are saying they did it legitimately and still getting the ban-hammer. I can see some database admin just writing a quickie script to find all the FL kills withing the last 3 months that involve fewer than 5 people and auto-banning without checking any other logs or getting any further information...

Created an account just to reply to this thread:

I just received a ban today as well (as did everyone in our 25man Uld from last week) and can shed some light. The bans are as a result of killing FL OUTSIDE his pen, not by undermanning the encounter. We know this because we had a full raid.

In OUR raid we were getting ready to engage FL while several people were AFK, someone accidentally pulled the boss and we were told not to engage and back up. Hoping to reset the boss we did and he pursued us outside the walls and did NOT despawn. Deciding we'd rather not wipe we just killed him. No towers were up so the encounter was basically the same as normal, just we did it on the formation grounds rather than his little playpen.

Several members called Blizzard to dispute this and Blizzards advice to us was "You should have wiped it."

I can't tell you how angry some people are over this. The fact that their encounter is poorly designed and our not wanting to pay repair bills results in a temporary ban (not to mention this sticking on everyone's WoW record...) is just plain wrong. I hate being the topical comparison guy but bans like these are akin to the RIAA suing people over online downloads. I really hope they do refunds to everyone for gametime not used.

lol WoW record, i guess you can't apply for all of those Wow jobs now eh? Thanks for the clarification on the thread though, and i agree it's stupid to get banned/suspended for that shit, its blizzards fault not yours

The problem I see, and I noticed someone else say this, is blizzard is lumping everyone together for the same reason. Intentional exploit of a bug.

The problem with this is Flame Leviathan has been a pretty easy kill from the time Ulduar came out. We personally have downed him since the first time we meet the encounter. During our second week my Demo driver missed our ready check and we were stuck behind the barrier. FL eventually aggro'd us and came through the wall and flattened us. Didn't think anything about because I've personally seen many a boss come through a locked door and attack someone. Our raid leader called for a wipe because of it and we went right back in and downed him.

Over the course of the next several weeks we continued to down him normally within his zone without a repeat of this and progressed with one, two tower etc. During this time we have heard about the <5 man teams downing FL and knew nothing about how the encounter worked or cared to know because we like to keep our Raid Id's active for progression. The problem that happened during our second week did not reoccur until 2 weeks ago. While setting up for FL someone miss fired and pulled the encounter and because the group was not ready we stayed behind the barrier shield waiting on him to reset. This didn't happen however so we continued working on the boss. We didn't kite him, we didn't release and run back to another vehicle, but we continued along with the fight as if he was in his designed arena until he fell over.

Some of you are going say you should have known. Some are going to say QQ. Some might say get a life. What would you have done in the same situation? From reading some of the comments you would have done the same thing. If I get a 3 day ban for killing a boss by reacting to his current mechanics than I want my gold back from repairs on Malygos's glitch. What if instead of my drake dumping me off to fall to my death Maly would of just fallen over and oozed out purples? Would that be my fault as well. I feel exploited by that stupid drake and I want to put blizzard on a 72 hour ban!

???

Quote Originally Posted by Ake
    lol WoW record, i guess you can't apply for all of those Wow jobs now eh? Thanks for the clarification on the thread though, and i agree it's stupid to get banned/suspended for that shit, its blizzards fault not yours
    The reason this is important is that if infractions build up they can lead to more severe punishments including permanent bans. a 72 hour suspension is second from the top of punishments behind "final warning" and then a full account ban. This over something we had no control over is complete and utter nonsense if I ever have an issue in the future I want to be able to argue while having an perfect record.

Blizz really screwed up on this one. Will be interesting to see if they actually admit to being over-reacting, unorganized idiots in this situation.