Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Glyph of Seal of vengeance

I havent been able to find anything on this topic, so ill just have to ask. Since we will be using SoVengeance/Corruption post-3.2 (Retri paladins), do you know if the glyph wil stay the same or will they change it for something else?
    Personaly i would love if it stayed in its curent state since it would give us more gear options and stil stay expertise capped, or if we find it on the gear drop the Glyph and still stay capped.

Re: Glyph of Seal of vengeance

I'm ready to test this out, because I just don't see how SoV will replace the new SoC. /shrug
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

Im pretty sure that we wont use SoC over SoV for two reasons, first off all the damage from the dot and the higher judge damage. SoC just wont be able to keep up (seen from a PvE perspective)

And second, this glyph if it stays this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoink
    Im pretty sure that we wont use SoC over SoV for two reasons, first off all the damage from the dot and the higher judge damage. SoC just wont be able to keep up (seen from a PvE perspective)

And second, this glyph if it stays this way.
    I actually hope the gylph changes since stat ratings from the 3.2 changes, have expertise dropping like a rock compared to hit/str.

All i know is SoV + Divine Storm = some nice AoE DoTing
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account

I actually hope the gylph changes since stat ratings from the 3.2 changes, have expertise dropping like a rock compared to hit/str.
    The glyph is a tank glyph. SoV is the best tank glyph Seal (damm posting at night). Live with that, it's not all about retridins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    The glyph is a tank glyph. SoV is the best tank glyph. Live with that, it's not all about retridins.
    Actually it would be nice if they change SoV for tanking anyways considering expertise isn't a good stat for tanking since only our melee attacks and HotR are the only abilities for tanking that are effected by expertise. Also if it were to stay the same it would be good also, but it would suck if it were required to do a higher amount of dps by seal switching between SoV after 5 stacks then going to SoC then switching back before stacks fall off and so forth because we would lose 10 expertise in that small time. But whatever blizzard does i'm alright with it since so far i've been pleased with all ret and prot changes since WotLK release.

The DoT damage is ok at best in my opinion, but SoC having the damage on hit would end up being better on boss fights. The dot will be ticking, even with 5 stack, for considerably less damage than your on hit SoC damage. I'm not a PvE person tbh, so really, I still will never use SoV, mainly because I can't hard switch with the dots up, since I would have to wait until the DoT faded off before I could could repent the person I wasn't on, which sucks.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SunstrikefromSC
    The DoT damage is ok at best in my opinion, but SoC having the damage on hit would end up being better on boss fights. The dot will be ticking, even with 5 stack, for considerably less damage than your on hit SoC damage. I'm not a PvE person tbh, so really, I still will never use SoV, mainly because I can't hard switch with the dots up, since I would have to wait until the DoT faded off before I could could repent the person I wasn't on, which sucks.
    Well, you obviously didn't read the Patchnotes thoroughly then.
    SoC = 36% Weapondamage as holy damage per hit.
    SoV = Stacking DoT up to 5. Should the DoT be stacked to the maximum, every following hit will deal 33% Weapondamage as holy damager per hit.

So, on bossfights, SoV clearly outperforms SoC.
    SoC may be more useful on trashmobs where it takes some time to stack the DoT up.

For PvP the use of SoC is pretty obvious.

Let's wait for the PTR though.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    The glyph is a tank glyph. SoV is the best tank glyph. Live with that, it's not all about retridins.
    Umm... SoV is already getting a huge boost for tanking?

You may have missed it, but it's getting an extra 33% weapon damage per strike once fully stacked. That's 33% more weapon damage per swing than you see as of live... the DoT itself doesn't appear to be changing.

The expertise glyph remains pretty good for tanks, and now will be good for Ret at low gear levels, and then taper off to suck at later gear levels where expertise is found in abundance on our gear.

And whoever said SoV had to be the tanking seal? You new Paladins presume too much about Blizzard's design goals.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    Actually it would be nice if they change SoV for tanking anyways considering expertise isn't a good stat for tanking since only our melee attacks and HotR are the only abilities for tanking that are effected by expertise. Also if it were to stay the same it would be good also, but it would suck if it were required to do a higher amount of dps by seal switching between SoV after 5 stacks then going to SoC then switching back before stacks fall off and so forth because we would lose 10 expertise in that small time. But whatever blizzard does i'm alright with it since so far i've been pleased with all ret and prot changes since WotLK release.
    Actually no,

getting to the soft dodge cap is very important.

You officially get the dumb statement of the day award, because what makes it so good is that with the glyph we no longer have to have some 100 expertise raiting to get that 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Actually no,

getting to the soft dodge cap is very important.

You officially get the dumb statement of the day award, because what makes it so good is that with the glyph we no longer have to have some 100 expertise raiting to get that 10.
    mobs can dodge spells? cause that's what majority of our tank attacks are minus melee and hotr

Yeah, no.
    Shield of Righteousness, as well.
    Getting Expertise is important for any tank.

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg99
    Yeah, no.
    Shield of Righteousness, as well.
    Getting Expertise is important for any tank.
    it's a spell

it's a spell
    It's capable of being dodged and parried. I've had it happen before.

i've had it miss for sure, don't think i've ever seen it be dodged or parried

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    All i know is SoV + Divine Storm = some nice AoE DoTing
    SoC will do more damage with DS on trash mobs that don't live linger than 50 seconds (i.e. multiple DS's to apply SoVen to its full 5 stacks).

ya i just tanked freya and Shield of Righteousness never was parried or dodged, like i said it's a spell and doesn't need expertise. just melee and hotr

ya i just tanked freya and Shield of Righteousness never was parried or dodged, like i said it's a spell and doesn't need expertise. just melee and hotr
    Like most paladin abilities, SotR is an odd ability - it's a melee attack that can't be dodged or parried, not a spell iirc. Even so, 10 expertise is a great bonus, considering that the options are judgement or HotR glyphs, neither of which are much good. It's definitely not the best tank glyph though, second best to DP.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    Umm... SoV is already getting a huge boost for tanking?

You may have missed it, but it's getting an extra 33% weapon damage per strike once fully stacked. That's 33% more weapon damage per swing than you see as of live... the DoT itself doesn't appear to be changing.

The expertise glyph remains pretty good for tanks, and now will be good for Ret at low gear levels, and then taper off to suck at later gear levels where expertise is found in abundance on our gear.

And whoever said SoV had to be the tanking seal? You new Paladins presume too much about Blizzard's design goals.
    Mind it, I made a bad typo and should have said "best tanking seal" instead of glyph.
    I have missed nothing. I said SoV is the best tanking Seal, it is and the extra dps from the change is gonna make it even stronger. You may have missed it, but I posted math on the DPS and TPS changes we can expect with 3.2 all over this forum.
    I'm not a new paladin, thanks. My paladin has been around since before TBC. Noone said SoV *has* to be the tanking Seal, but unless they make a MAJOR change to SoR before 3.2 goes live, Vengeance will win as the tanking seal, hands down, anytime.

What I am saying, and I expect people with an IQ over 70 to grasp it, it's exactly what my sentence was: "it is not all about retridins". Claiming the "right" to have the glyph changed because with 3.2 rets will be using SoV too is idiotic. They aren't the only one using that. Personally I'm fed up with changes made all over to place in order to fix paladin's DPS, there is more than 1 spec around in this class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.