Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: STOP! Ret is getting buffed

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Ret can/should finish top 5 on some fights, like XT, Kol and Razor. If you are finishing Top 5 on all fights, your guild sucks.

For example, last Hodir Hard Mode we did I pulled out 11.5k DPS..and I placed 9th on the charts....
    i havent reached 11k dps yet, we mostly give storm to ranged dps since they can do up to 15/16k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Agathon
    if only your melee are pulling decent numbers on vezax, than there is something terribly wrong with you raid. Any given normal ranged (perhaps minus huntards but even they can do decent) destroys melees on vezax....seriously. Its in the nature of the fight. Melee slower attack speed, Ranged black shit on the ground.
    and this pretty much. casters should learn to use crashes to dps. then they can easily outdps melee.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    i havent reached 11k dps yet, we mostly give storm to ranged dps since they can do up to 15/16k dps.

and this pretty much. casters should learn to use crashes to dps. then they can easily outdps melee.
    The only way to get that high DPS in Hodir would be to pop wings when standing in multiple Beacons in melee range :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flux
    I don't about you but I always finish in top5 in all ulduar fights, on AoE fights as freya and thorim I pretty much finish at top1. And not all is about dps. For example in the lalst Ignis I finished Top5 in dps and top5 in healing done thanks to Judgement of Light.
    Tell your guild to stop sucking.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Montey
    Awsome... the most OP class in the game is getting buffed.....thats all we need.
    Ret (in PvP) is only OP against low geared and low skilled players.

And now lets make this thread to another QQ about if ret paladins are OP or not -.-

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    And now lets make this thread to another QQ about if ret paladins are OP or not -.-
    What? You mean we can't have another?

Okay time to make a "WATZ TEH HIT CAPZ" topic then : /

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet

http://wowwebstats.com/zfcrueuq4tpeu?s=147041-219751

Please talk to my ranged, they cba to listen to me cauz I'm to "elitist" apparently, all I said was : why are melee top on an OP caster fight ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

15+ Year Old Account

Awsome... the most OP class in the game is getting buffed.....thats all we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    can i guess in which group you belong?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Ret always get's 'huge' buffs, but in PvE at least, they have been bottom of the pile throughout the 2nd half of Naxx, and since the start of Ulduar.

So yeah, bring on the 'buffs'
    With all the Undead mobs.....are you kidding me????

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok

Please talk to my ranged, they cba to listen to me cauz I'm to "elitist" apparently, all I said was : why are melee top on an OP caster fight ?
    link them this and point out to the caster section

http://www.stratfu.com/strats/GeneralVezax

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok

plz teach meh to be as good as your mages. plz.

very bad guild is very bad :
    ...just another dream within a dream...

I don't about you but I always finish in top5 in all ulduar fights, on AoE fights as freya and thorim I pretty much finish at top1. And not all is about dps. For example in the lalst Ignis I finished Top5 in dps and top5 in healing done thanks to Judgement of Light.
    This can be taken a number of ways, so before the insults start coming, I was always top 5 in my previous guild, but then again, we never did any hard modes, non of the challenging stuff so i bounced from that guild. Now I jumped in with a guild that does the hard modes and a guild that actually knows what they are doing and I cant get in top 10 on many fights but I still pull the same DPS as before. So its possibly that youre guild doesnt know what they are doing, or youre just way better geared than everyone else in it. I am still in some t7.5 however while my guildies are mostly t8.5 and BIS already so that could have a lot to do with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Wrong.

I'm ret, and we are top20 on 3v3. And we have defeated the top1 a few times. And those guys are really really good. My bg is Vindication in case you want to know.

Against low geared low skilled players, I destroy them in 1s or so.

Wrong.

I'm ret, and we are top20 on 3v3. And we have defeated the top1 a few times. And those guys are really really good. My bg is Vindication in case you want to know.

Against low geared low skilled players, I destroy them in 1s or so.
    OP doesn't equate to solid or playable. Ret can certainly work at the high end, as you yourself have seen. I can't imagine you or those you play against would consider you OP at that level. At lower levels though, it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdan
    This can be taken a number of ways, so before the insults start coming, I was always top 5 in my previous guild, but then again, we never did any hard modes, non of the challenging stuff so i bounced from that guild. Now I jumped in with a guild that does the hard modes and a guild that actually knows what they are doing and I cant get in top 10 on many fights but I still pull the same DPS as before. So its possibly that youre guild doesnt know what they are doing, or youre just way better geared than everyone else in it. I am still in some t7.5 however while my guildies are mostly t8.5 and BIS already so that could have a lot to do with it as well.
    We doesn't know what we are doing, we are a very casual guild that raids 2 hrs 4 days per week. And yes BiS + know how to play your class helps a lot. And my gear is ok, I'm not exp cap, well to let you know I have to use my 2h from pvp and furious belt in pve LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou
    OP doesn't equate to solid or playable. Ret can certainly work at the high end, as you yourself have seen. I can't imagine you or those you play against would consider you OP at that level. At lower levels though, it can be.
    I think this is because of two factors, ret right now is very easy to deliver a lot of damage, in other words you need to be a "pro" to kill something, and in the other hand the other classes aren't that easy to play, lets say casters. So what we have is that a scrub just 2 shoot you and you are a decent geared/skilled player, and that make people angry.

You can consider a paladin at higher ratings a skilled player, when he is doing all the support very fast, like cleansing, using well timed freedoms, sacrifices and also healing, while still doing the regular ret damage; or playing defensibly when need it like using Seal of Light & Judgement of Light.

Every class is OP
    Every class sucks
    Every class needs a buff
    Every class needs a nerf

There you go everyone, you can stop reading the mmo-champion forums now, you are all knowing.