Is it just me? or...

Do other Holy pallys feel that the SS/FoL combo is going to be worthless? I don't envision healing will be much different aside from less HL spam to compensate for the Illumination/Divine Int nerfs. Paladins don't have time to spend waiting on HoT's to tick while healing a tank, and I really don't see myself waiting for a low HPS HoT to heal up the tank while he/she is taking lots of damage. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the way people have illustrated the mechanics of the spell to me I believe it doesn't stack and refreshes as soon as the next FoL is casted, making the HoT next to trivial.

The new buff to SS seems like a gimmick to keep us happy while we're getting stealth-nerfed. Sure, the buff to bacon is kinda cool I guess, but I really don't see myself utilizing it differently. Since when was purposely overhealing a target just to get a bigger heal on the tank (or whoever you happen to have your bacon on) efficient? Sure, at the current moment a TON of our heals are overheals, but I don't find myself raid healing very often and if I am, it's usually just FoL and HS. I know there will most likely be overhealing whenever I'm raid healing with a bacon on the tank, but the overheals will not be substantial enough to reliably keep the tank alive, overhealing or not. I have raid healers that do their jobs and I do not worry about keeping the raid alive in a majority of cases, so the bacon buff is trivial to me.

I really don't see my play style changing drastically if 3.2 goes live with the current changes, though I really don't see why paladins absolutely NEEDED to be changed. I was happy with my gear, spec and niche, even though it was somewhat limited in scope. Paladins really don't need an overhaul this large in the middle of an expansion, there was nothing game-breaking about the way we played, in PvE or PvP.

I know this is a rant but I see the 3.2 "changes" as nerfs. I feel that Holy pallys were more or less fine before the changes were announced, and anyone can argue with that, it's just my point of view. I liked the role that I played, and I'm not excited that I'm going to have to re-gear and adapt to the changes to our class if they go live.

Sorry about the super massive wall of gibberish, I just needed to vent a little.

Re: Is it just me? or...

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Muffin
    Do other Holy pallys feel that the SS/FoL combo is going to be worthless? I don't envision healing will be much different aside from less HL spam to compensate for the Illumination/Divine Int nerfs. Paladins don't have time to spend waiting on HoT's to tick while healing a tank, and I really don't see myself waiting for a low HPS HoT to heal up the tank while he/she is taking lots of damage. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the way people have illustrated the mechanics of the spell to me I believe it doesn't stack and refreshes as soon as the next FoL is casted, making the HoT next to trivial.

The new buff to SS seems like a gimmick to keep us happy while we're getting stealth-nerfed. Sure, the buff to bacon is kinda cool I guess, but I really don't see myself utilizing it differently. Since when was purposely overhealing a target just to get a bigger heal on the tank (or whoever you happen to have your bacon on) efficient? Sure, at the current moment a TON of our heals are overheals, but I don't find myself raid healing very often and if I am, it's usually just FoL and HS. I know there will most likely be overhealing whenever I'm raid healing with a bacon on the tank, but the overheals will not be substantial enough to reliably keep the tank alive, overhealing or not. I have raid healers that do their jobs and I do not worry about keeping the raid alive in a majority of cases, so the bacon buff is trivial to me.

I really don't see my play style changing drastically if 3.2 goes live with the current changes, though I really don't see why paladins absolutely NEEDED to be changed. I was happy with my gear, spec and niche, even though it was somewhat limited in scope. Paladins really don't need an overhaul this large in the middle of an expansion, there was nothing game-breaking about the way we played, in PvE or PvP.

I know this is a rant but I see the 3.2 "changes" as nerfs. I feel that Holy pallys were more or less fine before the changes were announced, and anyone can argue with that, it's just my point of view. I liked the role that I played, and I'm not excited that I'm going to have to re-gear and adapt to the changes to our class if they go live.

Sorry about the super massive wall of gibberish, I just needed to vent a little.
    bacon buff stops otherse from taking your heal on a target making it so that you didn't heal the tank at all effectively making raid healing a good way to kill the tank. thats changed.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Re: Is it just me? or...

I realize that the 3.2 bacon buff takes overhealing into account, but if you already know how to use the spell correctly and do not try to expend massive amounts of healing to people that don't need it, the change really isn't as much of a buff as you would think. Unless you're prone to bombing heals on raid members at very high/full health, which is detrimental to your mana efficiency... that's a strategy I know I'm not going to try out.

I'm just pointing out that people have learned how to use bacon efficiently and doing even MORE overhealing is definitely not going to help us out in 3.2. the amount of overhealing given to raid members while the tank is bacon-ed is just not enough to make a huge difference in whether the tank will stay alive or not.