Page 1 of 2
LastLast

help with Dps please!

so i've kinda noticed that my dps sucks, and i rarely ever break 4k
    my rotation is CoD, Immo, Conflag, CB, and then Incin as filler, ive linked my gear below, and would appreciate any help what ever it is!
    thx for the help

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ammer&n=Moriar

Re: help with Dps please!

Well your gear is quite a bit better than mine and I usually break 4k on Heroic Dummies.

Start by switching CB and Conflag in your rotation. This will prevent you from wasting backdraft on CBs (shorter cast time than Incin, therefor not as effective). Also, make sure that Immolate is ALWAYS up. You should be casting Conflagrate on EVERY cooldown and refreshing Immolate as soon as the last tick goes.

Other than that it's really hard to say what else to do without knowing more about your casting sequence. How often do you lifetap? What pet do you use? What buffs/raid buffs you have, etc.

i think ur more gear than me probably 1% crit abit more spell power diferent i have 688 with my stone
    i can get with H dummy 5k selff buff
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lade&n=Potasio

i am pretty sure the problem can be Latency or you

btw i put CB in backdraff u get % extra damage

Wow, you got carried :-X

I really have no idea, with your gear you should be doing a lot more. I do around 5k-5,5k, 4k on the hc dummy.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ak&n=Weedjamal

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

just taking a stab at it... ur gear blows mine away...

1. not hit capped?...
    2. might want to dump spirit gems/enchants with either more spellpower, haste or crit... or that missing hit...

1. If u talk about my gear i am hit cap with raid buff
    2.spirt gem with spell power went u get King and fel armor u get about 3 to 4 more spell power.
    3. i get hit gem 1 reason only change Dying curse for embrace i think trade 19spell powre gem to get 98 + Haste is good trade

Btw 11%+3%+3% = 17%

Quote Originally Posted by potasio
    1. If u talk about my gear i am hit cap with raid buff
    2.spirt gem with spell power went u get King and fel armor u get about 3 to 4 more spell power.
    3. i get hit gem 1 reason only change Dying curse for embrace i think trade 19spell powre gem to get 98 + Haste is good trade

Btw 11%+3%+3% = 17%
    i was referring to the original poster, not sure what your destro stats are as you are in afflic in the armory...

1. i've run raids without priest and druid, and i play alliance, so i can't/don't depend on raid for buffs for hitcap...
    2. i went sp and stam for leg enchant just to increase mana pool... but he has spirit on chest enchant and in neck gem slot... idk, i always thought spirit was on the bottom of list of importance for locks...
    3. no clue about affliction or any of the mechanics of it...

oh, and immolate then COD... that extra time should get conflag up and ready, rather than waiting for it... should shave a split second which will increase dps...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikra

Start by switching CB and Conflag in your rotation. This will prevent you from wasting backdraft on CBs (shorter cast time than Incin, therefor not as effective).
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepo
    oh, and immolate then COD... that extra time should get conflag up and ready, rather than waiting for it... should shave a split second which will increase dps...
    I wouldn't take either of these pieces of advice. They are just postponing the cd on your two prime abilities and one more usage in a fight is of far greater value than any infinitesimal benefit they could provide.

As far as gems and enchants... You only need two blue gems for your meta, so keep the ones in you head and neck and replace the ones in your chest and legs with pure spellpower gems. You are over the hit cap for a raid so you can also replace Icewalker with the spirit enchant.

However these are only minor changes and won't drastically improve your dps. How was your dps in Naxx? Has it gone down in Ulduar? If so then it might just be familiarity with the fights.

Latency and fps might be another issue.

Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

i was referring to the original poster, not sure what your destro stats are as you are in afflic in the armory...

1. i've run raids without priest and druid, and i play alliance, so i can't/don't depend on raid for buffs for hitcap...
    2. i went sp and stam for leg enchant just to increase mana pool... but he has spirit on chest enchant and in neck gem slot... idk, i always thought spirit was on the bottom of list of importance for locks...
    3. no clue about affliction or any of the mechanics of it...
    ohh sorry

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsnake
    Wow, your gear also blows mine away but by god you fracking suck. 4k is the kind of number most halfway competent--read not idiotic--people were doing in Naxx while wearing heroic gear.

I don't think any amount of advice will suffice. You are just bad.
    Show me someone in heroic gear doing 4k dps and I'll point out aoe as the number one source of damage.

You really can't fuck up destruction - use Conflag and Chaos on cooldown, keep immolate and doom up, spam incinerate.

Therefore, I bet your framerate is terribad, your graphics card is crap with settings too high, or your latency is 300+.
    Mouseover the help icon on your UI for the latency.
    Press ctrl-R for your frame rate.

Report these numbers, and where you took them, here

If your framerate is above 30, ask a death knight to cast Death and Decay on you, then cast hellfire at the same time, and report this number. Scrolling Combat Text eats frame rates for breakfast.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by potasio
    Ok this doesn't sound quite right to me, so I will attempt to show my math skills to prove :

We are using Purified Twilight Opal
    With the buff of Fel Armor
    Don't forget that we are using this talent Demonic Aegis which buffs your fel armor to give you 39% of spirit to sp instead of 30% of spirit to sp

those 8 spirit then equal to (39% of 8 ) 3.12 spellpower

Now if you have Blessing of Kings Then those 8 spirit are increased by 10% making it 8.8 spirit, and 39% of that is 3.432 spellpower
    making the whole gem give you 12.432 sp

If we would assume the socket bonus is 6.568 extra spellpower then
    6.568(socket bonus) + 12.432 (gem) is exactly equal to 19 which is a pure sp gem,
    so more than 6.5 sp as the socket bonus means the gem is appropriate, less than that means the gem is not worth it and you should stick to pure 19 sp gem

the t8 chest pieces all give 7 sp as socket bonus, so put that purple gem in there, however items such as Boots of the Servant (Freya heroic)
    For pvp items you should use sp and stam gems if you want the socket bonus

on a side note:
    the other part of spirit which lets you regenerate mana per 5 and also health while not in combat. This is completely useless except while lvling up to save the drinks, because when you are not casting for 5 secs there is something wrong i your rotation, and if you are out of combat, there should be no reason that you need to regenerate health, because in a raid there is always a healer

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    I wouldn't take either of these pieces of advice. They are just postponing the cd on your two prime abilities and one more usage in a fight is of far greater value than any infinitesimal benefit they could provide.

As far as gems and enchants... You only need two blue gems for your meta, so keep the ones in you head and neck and replace the ones in your chest and legs with pure spellpower gems. You are over the hit cap for a raid so you can also replace Icewalker with the spirit enchant.

However these are only minor changes and won't drastically improve your dps. How was your dps in Naxx? Has it gone down in Ulduar? If so then it might just be familiarity with the fights.

Latency and fps might be another issue.

immolate - cod - conflag - chaos - incinerate - incinerate(or which ever cooldown pops up first)

when or would you cast cod?... there is a break between immolate and conflag... you have to stick atleast 1 other cast between them otherwise it's wasted time, no?... i use cod, because it's instant and filler... then conflag and chaos then into incinerate spam until cooldowns pop...

15+ Year Old Account

immolate - cod - conflag - chaos - incinerate - incinerate(or which ever cooldown pops up first)

when or would you cast cod?... there is a break between immolate and conflag... you have to stick atleast 1 other cast between them otherwise it's wasted time, no?... i use cod, because it's instant and filler... then conflag and chaos then into incinerate spam until cooldowns pop...
    It's better to use instant casts while moving. For example

Lead in with COD (or if you are one of those "Wait for pyroclasm!" types, Corruption)
    Immolate
    CB <-- Latency
    Conflag
    Incinerate spam

When moving, refresh Corruption or cast Lifetap or Conflag.
    Refresh Curse of Doom as soon as able.

R.I.P. YARG

Delaying the first conflag of a fight is worth it to give your CoD the damage bonus from Pyroclasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    Delaying the first conflag of a fight is worth it to give your CoD the damage bonus from Pyroclasm.
    I've seen conflicting assertions as to whether or not CoD is affected by pyroclasm. I'll try to find something conclusive. I suspect the answer is no.

Consider though that in the first rotation your second conflagrate comes at the very end of the immolate. If you were to cast CoD between Immolate and Conflag, you would almost certainly have to recast immolate before you could get that second conflag in.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    I've seen conflicting assertions as to whether or not CoD is affected by pyroclasm. I'll try to find something conclusive. I suspect the answer is no.

Consider though that in the first rotation your second conflagrate comes at the very end of the immolate. If you were to cast CoD between Immolate and Conflag, you would almost certainly have to recast immolate before you could get that second conflag in.
    My rotation starts Immolate Chaos Bolt Conflag Incinerate spam.
    When Conflag comes off cooldown, I have exactly enough time to hit it then cast Immolate again.

Every second rotation you need to work in an instant cast, otherwise you're re-casting a 2s spell while your better spells are off cooldown for 1.5s, but standing around for .5s is a bad move.

R.I.P. YARG

I couldn't decide between plagiarism and being a crony so here's a link with some arguments.
    http://wowmb.net/forums/f9/35179-pyr...curse_doom/p2/

Starts of as a CoD discussion but quickly goes toward the whole rotation thing. In addition to the rotational arguments, I will add that, as has been mentioned, you will lose the benefit of pyroclasm if you hit chaos bolt before conflag.

15+ Year Old Account

quote from wowmb
    Pyroclasm will deffinately make COD hit hard if its up when its applied however, The overall % of damage that COD does is really quite minimal in the overall scope of things.
    My doom hits for ~13k on average, 4-5 times a fight.

13 x 5 x .06 = 3900 extra damage every 5 minutes. 3900 / (5 x 60) = 13 dps.

Personally, I don't care.

R.I.P. YARG