Poll: If blizzard revamped the vanilla raids to level 80 status, whether the reward be gear or some type o

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

New old School raids

My vote is hell yea, both AQ's were the most fun raids ever released in my opinion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: New old School raids

would be nice though,but i doubt it would work ; imagine the transition from 25 -> 40 men raiding. it would kill half the guilds. don't think it will ever happen; the days of 40 men raiding are gone for good.

15+ Year Old Account

Option 3 is the obvious winner here.

Truth though, yes :>
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

i'd like to see them retuned to lvl 80 AND 25 man raids. Obviously they'd have to be more careful than they were in naxx, cause that transition failed, but if they tuned them to be a bit harder that would be cool.
    Won't happen, but hell yes, it would be cool.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

i loved mc
    bring it back @80^^
    played a retpala in vanilla
    played a shadow in tbc
    played a DK in Wrath
    always my classes got owned by blizz

i want just to make a heroic version of them without replacing em like Naxx

Give me back the old naxx.. AQ40 is nice too

What a bad idea.

Why were old raids kinda hard? Because players were extremly weak, healers had no mana, it actually didnt matter what spec you have, everything was unbalanced and lol.

Just look at the strategies for MC bosses. Even if you would increase dmg as you want, it would be still mostly tank and spank.

Old raids were designed for players with few spells, they were designed for world where healers go oom after 10 spells and so, tehy were designed that it was ok when paladin/warrior/shaman had a spirit on their gear.

Remember, tier wasnt like three types, no, they were like some healing here, some strenght here, some stamina here, some ressist here..

I like classic wow, but try to think about it a bit.

Sanguissa im not sure you're thinking about how, if they were to bring back the old raids they'd go about doing it. They wouldnt say ok... here's a lvl 60 instance run it for lvl 80 gear or some achievement, it would most likely be re-vamped into some sort of heroic mode in which case the fights would suit our current status in wow. So before you try and be politely rude think twice mam....or sir.

Quote Originally Posted by volar
    would be nice though,but i doubt it would work ; imagine the transition from 25 -> 40 men raiding. it would kill half the guilds. don't think it will ever happen; the days of 40 men raiding are gone for good.
    well it had to be changend in 25/10 man raids and ich would love it .... i wish they would make an heroic mode for all the old 5man dungeons to .... that would be realy fun and mass content

sanguissa you dont have to cry about it, if you didnt like the poll then just click no and go somewhere else. let all the rest of us be nostalgic about how vanilla wow was fun and had dungeons people actually ran more than once, and raids that people still go back for, think about it, how many people do you say lfg for MC and get responses, as opposed to lfg Gruuls? Vanilla brings back a lot of fun memories for early wow players, and that was the purpose for my post, not so you could ruin it by crying about well they would have to retool for spells that we have now. I think for a real "tribute" run for vanilla raids, people would be happy with a normal tank and spank just like it used to be instead of changing it like they changed naxx.

I say yes, <b>IF</b> Blizz doesnt F them up like they did naxx. Make them into 10/25man raids boss's alot hard with a lil different strategy then yeah im done... But if they do what they did to naxx... then they can keep making new ones and leave the old goodies alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

Me and my friends are still running old raids and I say I like them as they are. Filling my bags with oldschool epics, doing some extremaly long dungeon 1 -> dungeon 1.5 sets quests.
    I'm not feeling like getting new AQ , BWL or anything will be fun for me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtommygunz
    sanguissa you dont have to cry about it, if you didnt like the poll then just click no and go somewhere else. let all the rest of us be nostalgic about how vanilla wow was fun and had dungeons people actually ran more than once, and raids that people still go back for, think about it, how many people do you say lfg for MC and get responses, as opposed to lfg Gruuls? Vanilla brings back a lot of fun memories for early wow players, and that was the purpose for my post, not so you could ruin it by crying about well they would have to retool for spells that we have now. I think for a real "tribute" run for vanilla raids, people would be happy with a normal tank and spank just like it used to be instead of changing it like they changed naxx.
    I fail to see how Sanguissa was "crying" here or even being politely rude as someone else put it. So, if you don't agree with OP you're not allowed to throw in your 10 cents?
    I actually think that he/she made a fairly good point.

Just don't make them more than 25 people. I like only needing 25... becuase it was a PAIN to get 40 people together, organized and you still had to pray they were good players.

So bring it back, but keep it 25.

15+ Year Old Account

Of all the people that QQ'd when naxx was bumped up to 80, I don't think this will be the best idea, if an idea at all...We'd all be complaining that blizz still has no originality... New content > Old content being pushed up a few levels.

They could be doable and entertaining if tuned for 25/10 men, with all the achievements and HM's, but with some kind of twist in the plot, like

"<Insert Big Bad Guy namy here> Have run to <Insert random MC/AQ/BWL> and discovered a power abandoned for years! With his overwhelming powers, he subdued all the powerful entities inside <Instance> and have grown his personal, new, reign!"

I love old school raids, but if they would use those old instances again at say level 80 or 90 I'm going to quit raiding untill something new comes out.

rather than raids, i <3 a revamp of the Dire Maul and Blackrock spire/depth with a 5 H-HM and 10H-HM.

Lyceum back with 1.0 talent was a real pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

I'd rather Blizzard create new buggy content instead of revamping the old even buggier content.

I think a nice solution would be to update them storyline wise,
    Eg: The Cultists of the Burning Blade have resurrected their fallen Elemental Lord using spells taught to them by a mysterious hooded being. Since then Ragnoros has enlisted more followers and granted them the ultimate power of flame. Players will have to fight the Cultist leaders along with Old Enemies, Garr and Baron Geddon.

Twists might be members of the Black Dragonflight along with a DeathKnight-esc Nefarion to take control of Blackrock

...at least I thought it would be cool! :P