Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

nerfing of old content

i personally do not get why blizz is making all these stupid changes...

i worked hard to get my t8 head for badges of conquest, and now i see they are gonna be changed next patch, which means that every person who just dinged 80, can go farm heroics and get tier gear...

yes i know u could do same with t7, but imo its a stupid thing to nerf one part of content when releasing another...

it needs to be difficult progressing through content, while in that patch it wont matter if u go naxx10 or ulduar25... it still gives same badges...

im in ulduar on my druid ive killed the keepers, thats not very far...

but still i would not like to (on my death knight who only has 2 t7) to just go in naxx, faceroll all stuff, get lots of badges, get tier gear and progress through Argent Colluseum...

my point is... why not just let stuff be like it is... let ppl get through the content and into the next, not nerfing stuff and yes, im not leet myself, but i do feel that other ppl who has cleared something extremly hard has to be above other ppl when it comes to gear...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: nerfing of old content

If you've played this game for more than a year atleast you know that what you spent alot of sweat and effort on will always be easier to get in a few months, or weeks even.

Its just a little something that everyone has to get used to, will save you alot of tears.

my two cents, take it or leave it.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

ill leave it...

i liked tbc, as they did not overnerf the rest when they did MH and BT and SWP, u still needed to go through kara, which was still hard, then through ssc and tk, then MH and then BT and then SWP, u couldnt just go in there 5 times and then move on

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic
    ill leave it...

i liked tbc, as they did not overnerf the rest when they did MH and BT and SWP, u still needed to go through kara, which was still hard, then through ssc and tk, then MH and then BT and then SWP, u couldnt just go in there 5 times and then move on
    No, TBC included nerfs that made it so people didn't need to go through Kara, SSC, or TK. They could raid heroics, get T6 equivalent gear, and start raiding MH right away.

Your memory sucks.

ill leave it...

Yeah, with the release of the sunwell badge vendor, you never even had to step foot into a raid and you could get full T6 equivalent gear. Weapons, chest, legs, rings, feet, etc.

u could not go through bt, without going through ssc and tk...

you mean until they removed attunements way before the expac was over with?

*cough* bullshit *cough*

http://www.wowwiki.com/Black_Temple_attunement
    As of Patch 2.4, this attunement will not be needed to gain access to the Black Temple. Players completing (or having completed) the old attunement chains for both Black Temple and Mount Hyjal gain the title Hand of A'dal. Access to the Medallion of Karabor and the Band of Eternity still can only be gained by completing the respective attunement quests.

Again, your memory sucks.

Nerfing old content so people experience the new content faster?

No, no, we can't have that, can we?
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

I did MC back when you had to go to Azshara every week for your Aqual Quintessence. The Eternal Quintessence made things easier for no reason, and it makes my trips out there every week devalued.

I did BWL way back when, and you had to have 2 rogues so you could even do the suppression room. Removing that kind of thing in BC made my BWL worth less because it's now easier.

I did Naxx40 back in the day, when you had to either be rich, or grind out AD rep so your guild could at least help you get your attunement. We also needed to get 40 people together so that we could attempt a good chunk of the bosses. I did thadd when he was actually difficult, and one person out of place wiped your raid. Making it easier, and require fewer people, makes my achievements worth less. They shouldn't have done this.

Those are all stupid arguments, and they all sound just as stupid as the OP's complaint. Honestly, dude, just because Billy McWeaksauce can now come in, do the crap you did when LK first came out, and get gear with Ulduar item level, doesn't make your experience worth less. You don't do raids for the gear, you do them for the challenge. There is ZERO POINT to have new people join up, and have to progress through every level slowly, especially now that there are going to be FOUR levels of difficulty (Heroic, Naxx, Uld, Col). All that kind of crap does is burn people out. This lets someone run a couple weeks of lockouts on the old stuff, and get them geared enough that they can start attempting the new raid.

It makes me mad that people get all uppity about people just now entering the raiding game or people who leveled an alt joining their guild getting gear that will prepare them for the newest tier of raiding. This badge change is essentially Blizzard removing a roadblock to the new raid, much like how they removed the attunements on SSC/TK and MH/BT. Get over it, and don't piss on other people's good time because you think it makes your game less fun (PROTIP: it doesn't.)

10+ Year Old Account

Causal > Hardcore, blizzard have taken into fact that majority rules, as far as im concerned hardcore died when they killed 40 man dungeons
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Unfortunately that's not true. Right at the very end of BC they opened SWP introduced the badge vendor who sold T6 EQUIVILANT not T6 (big freakin difference btw) gear and lifted attunements. That way people could gear up in Kara and skip Vashj and Kael (although if you didn't beat him in 25 man you shouldn't be able to fight him in 5 man "huh what setback?") and clear up to Gorefiend since HWL Naj, Lolpremus, and Shade were all super easy.

Then about two months before Wrath launched they released a patch nerfing all bosses HP by 30% damage by 20% and removed the sunwell radiance buff off of SWP bosses. This ment retards could zerg through BT even without being able to coordinate RoS interrupts or brutalis dps races.

My guild was working on twin in SWP when the nerf came and it was so easy we didn't bother clearing. The mentality was if we couldn't do it normally we didn't want to do it when it was easy for us.

So nerfing the hell out of bosses to allow casuals to see Illidan was done in the past but much later in the expansion (relative to wrath) and shouldn't be used as justification since very few people enjoyed killing the loot pinnatas.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Problem I have with the badge change is the intent of the system.

Old BoJ were a suplamental reward that you gained with PvE and encouraged you to run content even if you already had all the drops you needed.

SWP BoJ vendor gave out T6 equivalent gear so players could springboard into MH BT. That's fine because the new vendor gave different gear from what raiders had so you could still see who the PvE players were from who just farmed 5 mans and kara all day.

In WotLK badge vendors sold teir pieces so that if you were unlucky you could still get some peices (stupid if you ask me since any raider on that content knows teir pieces are acumulated the fastes and offspecs are picking up gear on the 5th clear).

If they wan to give alts / casuals easy high end gear from 5 man badges introduce a new BoH vendor to sell 225 gear. Just make it not teir. Raid gear comes from raiding if you want raid gear get in some raids if you want spring board high end gear to get into raiding there it is just not the set pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

i personally do not get why blizz is making all these stupid changes...

i worked hard to get my t8 head for badges of conquest, and now i see they are gonna be changed next patch, which means that every person who just dinged 80, can go farm heroics and get tier gear...

yes i know u could do same with t7, but imo its a stupid thing to nerf one part of content when releasing another...

it needs to be difficult progressing through content, while in that patch it wont matter if u go naxx10 or ulduar25... it still gives same badges...

im in ulduar on my druid ive killed the keepers, thats not very far...

but still i would not like to (on my death knight who only has 2 t7) to just go in naxx, faceroll all stuff, get lots of badges, get tier gear and progress through Argent Colluseum...

my point is... why not just let stuff be like it is... let ppl get through the content and into the next, not nerfing stuff and yes, im not leet myself, but i do feel that other ppl who has cleared something extremly hard has to be above other ppl when it comes to gear...
    Because Blizzard wants people to see their new content.. The further you go now, the less people see it..

Really people having T8.5 gear through tokens is bad when tier 9 will be out?? This will allow more players and alts to be able to do the new content.. And you will still have better gear..

vvz

i worked hard to get my t8 head for badges of conquest,
    i worked hard to get my t8 head
    i worked hard
    i worked
    worked
    No you didnt. You played a video game. Byebye.

Quote Originally Posted by vvz
    No you didnt. You played a video game. Byebye.
    True.
    Blizzard want to give all players a chance to see even the hardest content so insted of nerfing the bosses, they make gear easier.

It's simple really, this all is to prevent what happened in vanilla happen again.

Back then, if you didn't farm all the loot you could from MC, you stood no chance in BWL, if you didn't farm all the loot you could from BWL, you stood no chance in AQ, if you didn't farm all the loot you could from AQ, you stood no chance in Naxx.

so to get to end game as a freshly levelled char, you had about 4-6 months of grinding before you even had the gear. As such, only people who had been playing from the start realistically had the right amount to get into it, which is why such a low amount of the player base even SAW naxx40 and is the very reason they brought it back for wotlk, cos the system was shitty and they wanted for people to play the content they put so much work into.

If you're QQing about people getting loot easily that took you effort, then stop being a loot whore, it's selfish. Loot is merely a tool to allow you to experience further content and challenges. As somebody said before, it isn't the loot you got that was important, but the effort and experience you had obtaining it.

The people who are farming T8.5/9 from 5mans and the older content will not have the achievements for the content the gear comes from. I like the way this is will work, it will allow me to have my Holy Paladin raid and do all the content and gear himself up but also allow me to run the smaller instances on my DK to get him able to catch up in gear and progression faster. I'm paying to play a game and wish to see as much content as possible.

Gear is only part of doing things in the game, you still need to know the fights and progress with your guild. Being decked out in T9 gear doesn't mean you can successfully clear anything ( theoretically makes it easier though :P ).

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFlurry
    It's simple really, this all is to prevent what happened in vanilla happen again.

Back then, if you didn't farm all the loot you could from MC, you stood no chance in BWL, if you didn't farm all the loot you could from BWL, you stood no chance in AQ, if you didn't farm all the loot you could from AQ, you stood no chance in Naxx.

so to get to end game as a freshly levelled char, you had about 4-6 months of grinding before you even had the gear. As such, only people who had been playing from the start realistically had the right amount to get into it, which is why such a low amount of the player base even SAW naxx40 and is the very reason they brought it back for wotlk, cos the system was shitty and they wanted for people to play the content they put so much work into.

If you're QQing about people getting loot easily that took you effort, then stop being a loot whore, it's selfish. Loot is merely a tool to allow you to experience further content and challenges. As somebody said before, it isn't the loot you got that was important, but the effort and experience you had obtaining it.
    This.

I got outraged and pissed off when I found out that all my hard work was for nothing, but then I thought about it. I did the hard work. I got myself into that 25 man raid that wiped time and time again on Yogg. I know this. My guildies know this. Who cares? Some freshly ding'd level 80 coming by who I probably won't group with who has the same gear as me who hasn't put time into knowing their class can't sit there and say that they put half as much work into getting gear as I have. I'm fine with that.

Omfg i had to make account just to answer this thread
    Anyhow. I played WOW From whole beggining.
    Started on US beta,Moved later to US and later to EU.
    I played an Human warrior Rly hc we did raids every night.
    On the Start Onyxia and MC omfg every night just so u can get some piece of tier for yourself.... We wiped so many times that i didt have so much money for repair's and buying flasks.
    Do u know how many hours and hours i spended in Farming Herbs? and money for my repair no u dont. Because todays CALLED HC raiders will never feel that pain.
    Later when BWL came out we wiped so many times and after wipes and wipes we finnaly downed XX Boss. Later we moved to AQ omfg how many wipes on c'thun.
    I managed to get on my warrior FULL t1,t2 and some pieces t2.5 and i saw little of naxx and cleaned few bosses but still.. i saw that i have to stop and lowered my playing time for alot.
    TBC came out and when i saw that some GREENIE can replace my t2.5 i got so angry i loged out and deleted my char. and stoped playing wow until LK came out.All that was like 3-4 years ago. I was then 15-16 years old.
    I had much much much more time to play and everything.
    Now i have a job,gf (soon maybe even married) and im playing as a casual.
    Dude seriusly if u THINK u are a HC raider or that those TODAY'S HC raiders rly deserved that loot they are wearing today. my answer is NO i Would all of them give 60 LVL,crap blue gear so they can start doing all old content again and WHEN they clean it,then they gonna deserve todays loot.

So plz dont say again that todays HC raiders got ripped off by alowing casuals get loot. Just because they did 2-3h Faceroll Long raid. Today u can just say to raid leader sry i have to go and bye.
    When we before couldt even think abaut saying that or even had like some time WHEN we have to finish our raids so we can go to bed. no we sometimes raided whole night even just to progress.

Today u get freaking achievments for doing xx,xx,xx,xx WTF whos gonna give me achievment for wiping in MC 1 milion times? or even Give me some kind of imbha item just because i did xx,xxx,xxx,xx,x,x,x,x like today when u do glory of ulduar raider? noone. U are saying that todays raiders need some respect and that blizz shouldt give loot to casuals. But who has respect to us?

i can bet 80% of this freaking HC whiners on this forum didt even clean ZG ffs. I can bet they would even wipe on the Bat boss. Or when the best guild on my server wanted to go 15 man AQ for C'thun and wiped like some kids now u can imidietly see they arent the best. they are just piece of shit wich is facerolling from beggining of BC.
    Everything todays Blizz players know to do is QQ,if they would raid as they are QQ'ing wow would be a much better place
    And stop bothering who has what and who dosent. Focus on your raiding or whateva u doing and stop bothering with casual's

Anyhow im writing this post fast so u may find alot of misstakes in spelling.
    Cheers :P