Error in New "Balance of Power"

Just wanted to point it out, and didnt quite know where to post it, so I'm putting it here.... whether or not this is the effective place to post it.. im not sure.

Updated Talent Reads "Increases your chance to hit with all spells and reduces the damage taken by all spells by 3%"

To me this sounds like the % chance to hit (the reason boomkins take this talent) is missing and/or has been changed to 3/6% chance.

Just wanted to point it out, as I realize that slight errors like this occur when updating as many talents as are getting changed.

Cheers,
    BKD
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

Re: Error in New "Balance of Power"

It does look like that at first glance; but, reread it. It actually reads:

* Balance of Power: Now reduces all spell damage taken by 3/6%, rather than reducing the chance to be hit by spells by 2/4%.
    Meaning ONE of the original pieces to the talent: reduces chance to be hit by spells by 2/4% changes to: reduces all spell damage taken by 3/6%. This has no effect on the hit percentage we gain from this talent.

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    If you read the talent in the updated mmo-champ talent calculator, it reads the way the OP says it does.
    Ahhhh ... hrm. I don't believe it should. Either a typo by MMO-Champion (probably what the OP was eluding to), or I have some beef with Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance

Updated Talent Reads "Increases your spell penetration and reduces the damage taken by all spells by 3%"
    <Hypothetical>

this is the day I retire my druid >_<
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

THey haven't changed the hit rating at all. They would tell you if they were cause that is a huuuuuge change to gearing up for Boomkins. Stop pretending the Devs are stupid, you know they're not, put your epeen away, and stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    THey haven't changed the hit rating at all. They would tell you if they were cause that is a huuuuuge change to gearing up for Boomkins. Stop pretending the Devs are stupid, you know they're not, put your epeen away, and stfu.
    Do you remember the change in the Shadow Talent Tree for priests in 3.0?

"Shadow Focus (Shadow): Now a 3 point talent, down from 5. Now also reduces the mana cost of your Shadow spells by 2/4/6%."

It does not mention anywhere that the Hit of the talent was being changed, let alone dropped from 10% to 3%, this was a tremendous issue for raiding shadow priests at the time... the loss of the 7% spell hit was not even included in the Alpha for WoTLK.

It's not that the dev's are "stupid", they can just be very cruel in things like this (They probably play melee classes lol).

Never underestimate the developer, you might just lose your raid spot if you do.
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Please quote people when replying with bile, so I can't assume it's directed at me. That being said, you don't know that they didn't increase it by 2% (unless you have tested it on the PTR, which I will do later today if possible).
    I don't think it was directed at ya Alti, based on his post he clearly didn't read the entire thread...

My biggest fear is that with this change 3/6% damage we are either going to see something along the lines of the hit being removed entirely and turning to 3/6% spelldamage (and possibly moving the hit talent over to master shapeshifter, which would be very interesting IMO) or (the more likely) Balance of Power will change to a 3 point talent and grant
    1/2/3% spell hit and 2/4/6% Spell damage redux stealing 1% of hit away (not to hard to make up for, and puts us on par with almost every other caster class as far as Hit talents go)

actually the most simple reasoning, and what i truly was eluding to, is that maybe they just wrote the talent out wrong when updating their talent calculator.......

It would have been in the patch notes if they were doing anything to the 4% hit we boomkins love.

the only change to that talent was instead of being chance to be hit it is spell damage taken.

So i was merely pointing out that they should merely look at rewriting the text of the talent to make more sense (As they wrote it more to emphasize the change, and assumed that people knew hit was still 4%.

-BKD

P.S- Was the epeen comment directed at myself? because I was just trying to be helpful.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

I don't know why FourofaKind is so obsessed with them taking away our hit talent. That just isn't going to happen. The only possible change is that it was buffed by 2%. It is unlikely that that is the case; it is more likely that it is a typographical error because they just changed the second half of the tooltip, forgetting that the first half used the number from the second half. I will test it later today.
    If you've read most of my posts you would see my cynicism comes from being a Raiding Priest (holy first shadow second half) from BC. I don't know if you played then or knew anything about SPriests (this is not intended to be offensive, just informative) but shadowpriest's lost 7% spell hit when pre-WoTLK patch hit the scene. I've experienced a spell hit nerf, it sucked ass, I had to take BT Gear/t6boots and replace it with Frozen Shadow weave to make up for lost hit (as I passed t6 to locks and healadins who needed it more, since I only needed 6% hit back in the day) Mantle of nimble thought, T6 boots and robe of shadow council, all banked. Worst Holloween ever taking Morroes neck over Hellfire pendant and losing Malstrom/Pit Heart for freakin curator staff... What I got for passing hit items to the mages/locks who needed them was a bench spot for the remainder of BC (while my guildies and the FEMALE shadow priest who was stocking hit gear to put the talent points into crap like "Improved Fade" did Eradar twins - Kj) desperately seeking TK/SSC/BT/Hyjal pugs in kara gear.

I'm Cynical because its happened to me before, now do I think its going to be so huge as we completely lose the talent, probably not, will it change to be something like 3% (Shadow priest current, which alot of our talant abiltites are mirrors) or 2%, this is something I could see happening. I could also see if they drop it to 2 %, it will swap places with Master Shapeshifter (3/6% damage inc/redux, 1/2% hit) or intergrated with Lunar Guidance.

On an MMORPG, you don't plan ahead. I'm sorry. Typically, anyone that complains about possible nerfs, no matter the intelligence of the post, is considered a troll, hence the concern. Your posts about hit being nerfed can funnel down to look like "Blizzard is going/might nerf our hit in the future because their dumb like that." I don't know about you, but round' here we call that QQ; not just QQ, but asshatery QQ.

EDIT: And by plan ahead I mean assuming things that aren't in the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus
    On an MMORPG, you don't plan ahead. I'm sorry. Typically, anyone that complains about possible nerfs, no matter the intelligence of the post, is considered a troll, hence the concern. Your posts about hit being nerfed can funnel down to look like "Blizzard is going/might nerf our hit in the future because their dumb like that."
    Then why bother going to PTRs and Reading strats on MMO-Champ/Boss killers if you shouldn't plan ahead?
    (lol, you called me a troll so I figured I'd troll you some =P)

I don't think blizzard will do it because they are "dumb" persay, but more because its a pattern i'm noticing. Not trying to be the homeless guy outside with the sign that says "the end is near" more so the doctor saying "thats quite the cough, you might want to quit smokeing or you may end up with cance" if you catch my drift.

Quoting Pendulum's "The Tempest" (If you don't know who they are, look them up, orgasmic music ^_^ )
    "You must have known the storm was coming, when the clouds appeared." I see the clouds, if you have been around since launch seeing how bliz alters casters, you should see it to.

Remember, there was no patch note on the shadow priest hit change.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...patch3p09.html
    Check it if you don't believe me.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/..._spell_258.jpg

also frightens the HELL out of me

30 more hit and only two pieces have hit on them as opposed to 3 on T8.5

Badge DPS shoulders have another 70+ hit on them... can't wait to see how the weapons/offhands look not to mention necks (a common place for +hit) >_<

We don't balance around past history.

~Ghostcrawler

You also must have skipped my edit as I knew you would take my statement literally. PTR's and Patch notes are the extent of our futuristic knowledge of the game design. Your trying to speculate about 8 months out right now. That is just dumb. Stop.

3 times the charm, leaving this thread.

You must have skipped mine too sadly...

Its merely a warning, ignore it if you want. Just, try not to act surprised.

I'm sorry Spriests got their talents re-balanced before an expansion came out which raised the level cap by 10 and made you get a whole new set of gear, but it isn't going to happen like that in the middle of an expansion, and if it were, we'd have warning, because a major change like that would be on the PTR.

And I don't believe you that there was no warning, even if it wasn't in patch notes. But that's another matter.
    /Sigh its posts like these that make me wonder if yall even played in BC...

Here is the release calender from BC

World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14)
    World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.0.2: Echoes of Doom (2008-10-15) new bliz Q4
    World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25) -Sunwell - old bliz Q4
    World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.3.0 (11/13/2007) -Zul Aman - Old bliz Q3
    World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.2.0 (09/25/2007) -BT/Hyjal- old Bliz Q2
    World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.1.0 (05/22/2007) -World fixes- old bliz Q3

Given the Pattern... expect "Crusader" patch in August 09 Icecrown in December (Merry christmas Arthas) Something new in April/May of next year and next expansion/game in Q3 2010 (october). Unless they have been bumping everything up by 3 months, then expect it by Q1 2011 (Late spring->Summer launch).

Wrath launched on November 13 2008, 2 days before bliz needed to file their Q4 Tax records, this was probably because they wanted to place the initial surge of purchases at the end of Q4 FY2008 so that they could start reporting the later copies/purchases in FY2009, giving them quite the tax break.

To anyone who's ever worked in any industry where this sort of financial information matters/makes sense to you, you should now be alittle bit more worried/begin to understand where I am coming from.

If you don't, don't worry about it. It's not "beyond your comprehension" in a condescending, arrogant sort of way, but more so, something you really don't need to concern yourself with. Just continue enjoying the 'surprises' as they happen.

~Ghostcrawler

~Ghostcrawler

~Ghostcrawler

~Ghostcrawler

~Ghostcrawler

Crabby is a damn liar and you know it!

Deleted

You're just getting paranoid. If a nerf comes, get hit gear. Bank what would be sharded else, don't shard previous gear, and just take it if it comes. Insisting that "a nerf is coming ! I've seen the patterns" is honestly just going to make you look bad.