15+ Year Old Account

3.2 Tank builds - aka "i r gonna test that!!"

So, I'm curious of what the tank community is planning to test out and evaluate on 3.2 PTR, now that it has come up.

Personally, I'm going to try this build.

Reasons: Seal of the Pure seems a worth threat talent after SoV change, I'm interested in seeing how TPS will be with that versus Crusade. Vindication intrigues me, since I like to have the buffs myself and not to depend on some random warrior Shouting. As for the rest, I decided to keep Imp.Devo for my 10men hardmodes where we don't have a druid, 2/2 SA because I just like plenty of mana, and 2/2 Imp.Judgement for soloing etc, just a personal thing.

What are you guys going to test?
    /discuss

PS: just one thing, this is a mere "I'm going to" thread, so please keep any kind of flaming/trolling about specific talents out of here. Explanations on choices are welcome, of course
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Re: 3.2 Tank builds - aka "i r gonna test that!!"

i'm gonna test this on PTR.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

i wanna see how good reckoning will be with the new Seal of Vengeance/Corruption.

if it's really good i'll try dropping it down to 1/5 reckoning and see how that goes too.

I'm very interested in seeing how reckoning works with the Blade Ward enchant. and now with the Seal of Corruption change, it might prove to make a lot of threat. Not that I ever needed more threat :P

quoting theck, the MATLAB genius and his formulatic know how for excellent theorycrafting.

"SotP gets a noticeable boost, nearly 75% if I'm remembering correctly. Point for point, it's still not as good as Crusade, but better than Conviction. 5/5 SotP is better than 3/3 Crusade and 1/5 Conviction, and about equal with 3/3 Crusade and 2/5 Conviction.

Reckoning also goes up noticeably, but it's still a good bit behind Conviction, as a rough guess I'd guess it was about 30 TPS to Conviction's 40.

Interestingly, a 5/5 SotP + 5/5 Reckoning build is nearly the top threat build. At the moment, I don't remember if 3/3 Crusade + 5/5 Conviction beats it; it would be very close, and I don't have numbers on me. It very well may be that the SotP+Reckoning build becomes the "threat rocket" build, and the 1/5 Conviction + 3/3 Crusade becomes a "utility" build with Vindication and PoJ. The differences are all small though, a few hundred TPS either way (overall TPS is in the 8k range)."

Man, im glad they're helping pallies out...cause they're completely f'n up my frost dk tanking. QQ for nerfs....but grats on your buffs! excited to see what pally tanks are capable of now.

I didn't think they were going to make any real talent changes next patch, so I was planning on sticking w/ what I already have.

its not like we need more threat anyway... and they are adding a high threat multi to shor (unless they just adding it to tooltip)

i might try something like that tho (if they don't change sotp)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10026

i don't know if SotP increases the on 5 stack hit or only the dot/judge of SoV.

but i still prefer Conviction since more skills can crit (including the on 5 stack hit of SoV).

There is no a single fight paladins couldn't already tank fine (except maybe general because blizz forgot to allow prot to have mana regen) and hate the idea of these buffs because whenever blizz buffs a paladin it gets hotnerfed back to worse than it was in the first place.

However, I am gonna be testing using reckoning and seals of the pure instead of crusade and see the difference in tps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    i don't know if SotP increases the on 5 stack hit or only the dot/judge of SoV.

but i still prefer Conviction since more skills can crit (including the on 5 stack hit of SoV).
    It should, it boosts judgement too.

I'm curious anyway. I'll test both and compare the results.

@Skiball: in two words, hard modes. We badly lack a cooldown, pretty simple imo. As for buffing threat well.. yes, we didn't need it. Anyway, no mana regeneration? Someone forgot to put points in SA here :P Personally I'm never OOM considering the incoming damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by whatdoiknw
    quoting theck, the MATLAB genius and his formulatic know how for excellent theorycrafting.

"SotP gets a noticeable boost, nearly 75% if I'm remembering correctly. Point for point, it's still not as good as Crusade, but better than Conviction. 5/5 SotP is better than 3/3 Crusade and 1/5 Conviction, and about equal with 3/3 Crusade and 2/5 Conviction.

Reckoning also goes up noticeably, but it's still a good bit behind Conviction, as a rough guess I'd guess it was about 30 TPS to Conviction's 40.

Interestingly, a 5/5 SotP + 5/5 Reckoning build is nearly the top threat build. At the moment, I don't remember if 3/3 Crusade + 5/5 Conviction beats it; it would be very close, and I don't have numbers on me. It very well may be that the SotP+Reckoning build becomes the "threat rocket" build, and the 1/5 Conviction + 3/3 Crusade becomes a "utility" build with Vindication and PoJ. The differences are all small though, a few hundred TPS either way (overall TPS is in the 8k range)."
    So, by Theck's analysis, pretty much any of the readily available TPS talents get put on par with each other (within reason). This will obviously lead to a bunch of stupid forum posts regarding where the last 12 points will go (again) even without a major impact on tanking ability. x/53/6+x will still be your only requirements.

Interesting...no one seems to be specing into imp LoH

Little semi-coolown right there %20 physical damage...i guess it will depend on exactly how much tps we can afford to lose my not going deeper into ret.

I'm gonna give this a spin.

EDIT:
    I actually read the rest of the posts....I feel like an idiot.

The new threat-spec may be 5/5 SotP and 5/5 Reck. Or 3/5 Reck so you can slip 2 into PoJ or Vindication. Or Sticking with 5/5 Conviction and 3/3 Crusade. Or another month of topics debating the subject.

Yeah, pretty much what Offhand said.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Interesting...no one seems to be specing into imp LoH

Little semi-coolown right there %20 physical damage...i guess it will depend on exactly how much tps we can afford to lose my not going deeper into ret.

I'm gonna give this a spin.

Leave the LoH to your holy pallies, not worth the points going that deep in holy.

I cannot see me doing anything different than this:

This provides everything I need in an MT role.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by whatdoiknw

imo for crusade depends on the fequency of what kinds of bosses we see.

you will most likely see 1 humaniod, 1 undead/demon, 1 elemental, 1 beast.

and thats speculation but we are battling at a colusium built by the argent people undead and demons seem likely.

but plenty of those in Icecrown when 3.3 hits :P

Deleted

just wanted to add my 2 cents:

will probably be my build. i think the 15% movement speed and the AP reduction from vindication are a bit better than the possible extra threat i can get from SotP/reckoning/conviction. and since i will be judging light anyway (2% solid, yay), i can take 3% crit on judge talent.

but i first want to see if the MATLAB dude's numbers hold up on the PTR.