Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Nerf... 3.2 WTF

Sooooo..... Holy paladins in 3.2 better raid healing, reduced Intel gained from talents from 15% to 10%, reduced mana return from talents from 60% to 30%.... wtf is blizzard thinking... Discuss

Re: Holy Nerf... 3.2 WTF

Its been discussed many a time already.
    For one i have given up QQing and decided to test it.

They are thinking that we should be wearing MP5 gear... which we should. The MP5 on all gear has been buffed also, the intel loss is only 5% and wont even be noticeable. And Palli needed better raid heals, we are the only class in the game that heals where if there is massive AoE dmg... we have little chance.

There is no reason to QQ if you know how to play. We will have boosted MP5 on gear, still gain mana from crits, and still have access to DP.

The points the OP makes are new, intriguing, and deserving of their own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire668
    ...And Palli needed better raid heals, we are the only class in the game that heals where if there is massive AoE dmg... we have little chance....
    Exactly why do you feel we need an aoe heal or heals? Isn't that what other healers are for? Why do so many pallys feel the need to raid heal when you can and should be tank healing? If that is boring to you, roll another class.

I for one don't want to be like other healers. I also don't want other healers to be like me. You have a job to do, go out and do it. Don't try and be the jack of all trades and end up mastering none.

so your saying we stack Mp5 now which 75% of ulduar gear is mp5/haste.../ so we lose alot of crit and gain haste... so we also lose 30% mana return from illumination AND alot of crit so we get LESS illumination procs which results in LESS mana return... explain to me why that is viable? and our main focus should be and always has been tank healing.. to many ppl just QQd about being bored keeping the tank alive.

Welcome to like 3 weeks ago, this thread is new and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    The points the OP makes are new, intriguing, and deserving of their own thread.
    Inc 10 page about paladins and suddenly arena.
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by budz
    so your saying we stack Mp5 now which 75% of ulduar gear is mp5/haste.../ so we lose alot of crit and gain haste... so we also lose 30% mana return from illumination AND alot of crit so we get LESS illumination procs which results in LESS mana return... explain to me why that is viable? and our main focus should be and always has been tank healing.. to many ppl just QQd about being bored keeping the tank alive.
    i find it funny that the class that can stack 1 single stat (intellect) and rely on gear with 0 MP5 on it, is complaining about the fact that they can go an entire boss fight and still finish the fight with at least 80% mana right now (andd im not talking an easy fight, lets say yogg, where my guils main pally spams HL and finishes at 80% mana)...and you dont think its justified? get over yourself

Exactly why do you feel we need an aoe heal or heals? Isn't that what other healers are for? Why do so many pallys feel the need to raid heal when you can and should be tank healing? If that is boring to you, roll another class.

I for one don't want to be like other healers. I also don't want other healers to be like me. You have a job to do, go out and do it. Don't try and be the jack of all trades and end up mastering none.
    Exactly. I didnt roll a pally healer so I could have 40 different options and buttons to heal with. I like my spam healing and when it gets down to it, massive tank healing. I don't want to raid heal.

This change is perfectly justified, and Blizzard has openly stated their reasoning.
    Planning is for amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gornac
    Exactly. I didnt roll a pally healer so I could have 40 different options and buttons to heal with. I like my spam healing and when it gets down to it, massive tank healing. I don't want to raid heal.
    Don't be afraid of changes, why would you complain about having more options? If you got any skill you should be happy with this. Be glad you're not playing a priest then.
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING!
    or other threads proved you would be fine. One of those.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

If they havent decide to revamp illumination totally. I mean to me this "Illumination now give you a chance to gain mana equal to 30% of the base cost of the spell. (Down from 60%)" means that you dont get mana back from crits, so it's just each time you cast a spell there's a chance. Perhaps it's only me, but I just reacted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Don't be afraid of changes, why would you complain about having more options? If you got any skill you should be happy with this. Be glad you're not playing a priest then.
    I am. The reason I dont want more options is because it makes me more and more like a priest and eventually we're all going to be the same. We're all going to be able to fulfill all the raid positions equally. Then, what you have to ask yourself is, why am I playing a priest? Why am I running around in cloth while the pally runs around in plate doing the exact same thing I can do just as good as I do?

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11
    i find it funny that the class that can stack 1 single stat (intellect) and rely on gear with 0 MP5 on it, is complaining about the fact that they can go an entire boss fight and still finish the fight with at least 80% mana right now (andd im not talking an easy fight, lets say yogg, where my guils main pally spams HL and finishes at 80% mana)...and you dont think its justified? get over yourself
    You realize that int is a regen stat, which means where the only healer in the game that stacks full regen, thus we should have the most mana at the end of a fight. Take a druid and have them socket spirit in every single socet and see how there mana ends up.

We stack int, cuz if we dont stack int we cant use Holy Light heavily, if we dont use Holy Light heavily we put out pathetic heals. People constantly have the order wrong, we dont HL because we can, we have to use HL that much to do our job and every gear decision is based on being able to HL as much as possible

"When casting holy spells you automatically lose 80% of your armor while in Holy Paladin form."

And holy paladins are always healing in a 25man raid environment where a shaman, druid, and priest are present, amirite?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Why is it bad to be able to have decent AoE heals? what would it matter if there was a heal that changed up the flow of things? I personally found it boring spamming HL so i rolled a disc priest. Same job, just not as robot like. At least they have an ability to AoE heal a bit for 5-man content, but leave the raid AoE heals to holy priests and others, but being able to is better than being shot in the foot on AoE heavy fights. And its about time to nerf illumination if rapture got nerfed in 3.1 and holy pallys were the only healing class to not get one.

I mean this is really getting old.. i mean seriously if its this big of a deal and you can't heal raids with these new "NERFS" you need to stop raidin.. period.. (and for all you HL spam healers--welcome to having to learn how to really play a paladin )

For one im excited about----Flash of Light now has an additional effect - If the target has the Sacred Shield effect, they heal an additional 100% over 12 sec.

We have a hot now... so on top of our uber heals we stack a hot on the MT also...

And on top of that Beacon is going to be more functional then it was so our heals might not have to always be on the MT (which is actually making us more viable healers).