Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow: Tier 9 2PC

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    We should aim for get this set bonus changed entirely. It's not okay.
    On shadowpriest.com one guy did test the bonus on simcraft. (simcraft simulates a stationary fight, so it's perfect for the bonus)
    And it seems it does nearly zero effect on DPS.

So aim for a change! Because it's just not okay. It's useless.

The set bonus seems counter productive... I agree we would be better off with something else. Not only that, blizzard seemed to want to steer away from increasing dot durations, it makes for some very messy spell coeffecients.

Deleted

I vote for the bonus to take 0.5sec off our MB CD. With the increasing amounts of haste in new tiers it would help the rotation alot and actually make haste better stat.

Taking 9% off a CD that is about 15% of total damage would be ~1.35% improvement in total dps, in best case scenario. So in theory it would be in the right ballpark for a set bonus. But it would also fix haste scaling, since it would make haste more useful until you reach a 1.25 GCD or a 2.5sec MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    I vote for the bonus to take 0.5sec off our MB CD. With the increasing amounts of haste in new tiers it would help the rotation alot and actually make haste better stat.

Taking 9% off a CD that is about 15% of total damage would be ~1.35% improvement in total dps, in best case scenario. So in theory it would be in the right ballpark for a set bonus. But it would also fix haste scaling, since it would make haste more useful until you reach a 1.25 GCD or a 2.5sec MF.
    We already have a MF < 2.5 and GCD < 1.25 sec raidbuffed o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    Nope. The 4pc itself is ~80 pp (~120 dps), that isn't included 2 pc bonus yet. So it's actually ((80 + 70) / 4) pp per set piece =)
    not correct.
    T8 Bonus:
    2Pc - 110dps = 72PP that means we get 36PP on every item we wear to get the 2Pc bonus.
    4Pc - 124dps = 82PP that means we get 38.5PP(2Pc+4Pc / 4) on every item we wear to get the 4Pc bonus.
    # 1 Conqueror's Circlet of Sanctification - Thorim (Ulduar 25) + Runed Scarlet Ruby
    284.01|320.01|322.51 = 113+76*0.21+66*0.65+70*0.71+19+8*0.21+41.77
    its 2,5 pp per piece or 10 pp overall

besides that, how would you test the 4pc bonus without 2pc? you can't get 4pc alone

...an extra 3 seconds on Vampiric Touch would be more of a benefit then 6 seconds on Devouring Plague.

Yes... you get extra damage from the extra 6 seconds on the improved devouring plague... but you are still going to end up casting it whenever it is off cooldown. It isn't going to save you any mana or any global cooldowns.

This set bonus would be the same as if they increased SW:P's duration by 18 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by plspirit
    not correct.

besides that, how would you test the 4pc bonus without 2pc? you can't get 4pc alone
    totally wrong

The 2p is calculated on 2 Items, meaning that
    # 1 Conqueror's Circlet of Sanctification - Thorim (Ulduar 25) + Runed Scarlet Ruby

The second value considers that you have got 2 items, an increaese of 36pp per piece, 72 total, the third value considers that you have got 4 pieces, 38,5pp per Item, total of 154pp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyana
    totally wrong

The 2p is calculated on 2 Items, meaning that

The second value considers that you have got 2 items, an increaese of 36pp per piece, 72 total, the third value considers that you have got 4 pieces, 38,5pp per Item, total of 154pp.
    38.5 - 36 = ??
    Correct: 2.5
    And thats what you get per item.

Quote Originally Posted by plspirit

Mind you, the values of pp per piece for 2 set bonus are calculated different than 4 set bonus.
    PP per piece for 2 set bonus: 72 (value of 2pc bonus) / 2 = 36 pp per piece
    PP per piece for 4 set bonus: (72 (value of 2pc bonus) + 82 (value of 4pc bonus)) / 4 = 38.5 pp per piece.

That's why for each piece you will see close pp value for 2 and 4 set bonus, while in fact 4 set bonus worth more than 2 set bonus. Testing 4pc bonus value isn't hard, either theorycraft or calculate total pp gained and minus the 2 set bonus' pp.

From the same BRGA thread:
    T8 Bonus:
    2Pc - 110dps = 72PP that means we get 36PP on every item we wear to get the 2Pc bonus.
    4Pc - 124dps = 82PP that means we get 38.5PP(2Pc+4Pc / 4) on every item we wear to get the 4Pc bonus.

Edit: if 4 set bonus only worth 10 pp in total then it will be (72 + 10)/4 = 20.5 pp per piece for 4 set bonus =p

I hope my post make sense, have been staying up since last night & English isn't my first language in the first place >.>
    Edit2: after read your post again I found you already saw what I quoted from the thread, then I wonder why do you keep saying 4pc = 10 pp =p.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Chill guys, I bet that those bonuses ar more likely placeholders. Just check others bonus tooltips. Like increases dmg from your Lava Burst by 0.11s?

Proly values gonna be changed. Maybe it will increased DP by 10 or more second on live servers. \

I bet that they made it with 6 sec to help us with DP,VT reaplying at same time. So we can hav our dots CDs on different times, but after some testing they will find out that its not dps gain

edit. holy shit after reading it I found out that it might be hard to understand ;p

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    We already have a MF < 2.5 and GCD < 1.25 sec raidbuffed o.o
    And with 5.5sec sec MB CD you now gain almost nothing of it, that was the whole point. Read the whole post pls.

My testing on PTR showed:
    The 2 piece bonus only increases the duration, not the damage of Improved Plague.
    Nice -.-

Deleted

I wonder why blizz likes to add things to DP, first the talent and now set bonuses in t8 and t9. With the long CD I feel like it's the most impractical spell we have.

I feel like we are the only hybrid class that does 20 percent less damage. (pally/DK/Shaman/Druid all do better dps)

And our bonuses are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by #33
    I feel like we are the only hybrid class that does 20 percent less damage. (pally/DK/Shaman/Druid all do better dps)
    If you do 20 percent less damage than another class in every fights then you are doing something wrong.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    Mind you, the values of pp per piece for 2 set bonus are calculated different than 4 set bonus.
    PP per piece for 2 set bonus: 72 (value of 2pc bonus) / 2 = 36 pp per piece
    PP per piece for 4 set bonus: (72 (value of 2pc bonus) + 82 (value of 4pc bonus)) / 4 = 38.5 pp per piece.

That's why for each piece you will see close pp value for 2 and 4 set bonus, while in fact 4 set bonus worth more than 2 set bonus. Testing 4pc bonus value isn't hard, either theorycraft or calculate total pp gained and minus the 2 set bonus' pp.

From the same BRGA thread:

Edit: if 4 set bonus only worth 10 pp in total then it will be (72 + 10)/4 = 20.5 pp per piece for 4 set bonus =p

I hope my post make sense, have been staying up since last night & English isn't my first language in the first place >.>
    Edit2: after read your post again I found you already saw what I quoted from the thread, then I wonder why do you keep saying 4pc = 10 pp =p.

you are right, 4 pc bonus alone is 82 pp or 20,5 pp per item you wear, BUT it is just an 2,5 pp increase on the two items you wore to get the 2 pc bonus, because if you wear 2 pc bonus on 4 items it gets divieded by 4 and the pp on each setitem for the 2 pc bonus drops to 72/4 = 18 pp, now add the 20.5 pp through 4pc and you are at the 38.5, which is a pp increase of 2.5 pp on 2 items and of 36.5 on the two other

They just changed it to VT, dunno how much better that is really

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    It's gonna be very good for multi-target fight's were the adds are to spread out for Mindsear.
    And on Single-Target fights it's at least better than the Plague Bonus (it didn't even increase the damage of Improved Plague..).
    On a 5 minute fight it will save us 5.7 GCD's, compared to the 2.5 the Plaguebonus would've given.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    Much better, it saves more GCDs, because VT is shorter duration than DP. And it's good for multidotting too.

Im happy if it stays that way.

To be honest, you rarely should be comparing T2 set bonuses with other T2 bonuses, since you'll rarely be wondering on if you should be breaking a 2 piece for a another 2 piece. More likely you will be wondering if it's worth breaking T8 4 piece for the T9 2 piece (and it has never been a clean cut decision for previous tiers) and then the second question that comes up is if you want to break a 2 piece bonus for the higher 4 piece.

So in this case: is it worth losing the Haste off Mindblast for the 6 seconds on DP and a few extra stats. (I think the answer is yes... but that's just me) and then if you want to losing 15% of DP for 5% mindflay crit + and more stats (This one I believe to be a clean YES)