Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: I think I suck at healing =/

Was it a dk named: Aärthaxx? Or a variation of that?

On a real note:

If the tank takes spiky damage, it's his fault. Not yours.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

There's some things that can explain your supposedly week performance.

1 is no experience in healing. Healing isn't as straight forward as DPSing or even tanking since those 2 roles depend mostly on your self while healing depends a lot on those partying with you and mobs/bosses themselves.

2 is the fact that you can't stand still on the last nexus boss, your party should take very little damage until she freezes everyone to the ground.

So as someone said, don't let it affect you too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Was it a dk named: Aärthaxx? Or a variation of that?
    Nope. Why do you ask?

Also, I think I'm going to go with this spec once I hit 80. What do you think? http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...&version=10026

The change to Empowered Touch including Nourish looks like it'll be worth picking up.

chances are, your problems with the Nexus boss stemmed more from the rest of the people not knowing what to do rather then you failing at healing. Especially if the tank was not moving and was stacking the dot.

That fight can also be unforgiving to druid heals if you do not have a priest or paladin who can dispell people when they get frozen in place, which forces the dot to stack for a bit.

For druids, i reccomend ALL druids get one of the swift shift macros for instant root clearing. you dont need to switch to caster and then back to form, you can macro a switch directly from form to form (even Cat -> Cat, or similar) so you can swap form and clear roots without ever leaving form.

Yeah, Nexus final boss is a poor fight for healers. If the DPS don't pay attention (or know what they're doing), then they will die. No HoT can heal through the insane damage you get when it starts to stack. Your tank probably may have needed to be better geared (was he wearing the cobalt gear, or any high level Outland tank gear?), although he may have just sucked.

Don't worry about it, alright? If anyone dies on that fight, it's their fault, not yours.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

I don't feel like reading 4 pages of posts so sorry if I'm repeating anything, but it sounds to me like it was more of the rest of the groups fault and not yours.

I've been healing since vanilla wow (nearly 4 years), I healed my way from 60 to 70 and most of 70-80, and some groups have been very smooth, some so easy to heal that I could practically hot and watch tv... others have been rough, with me blowing most of my mana to keep the group alive. If someone dies its always the healers fault, unless you can prove that its not.

I suggest you get Recount, its an addon that basically parses the combat logs for you. You can then use this addon to see whats going on with the rest of your group, and in most cases, you can prove that heals are not the problem (if thats really the case)

I actually did a Naxx run the other day and although the tank had enough health, he was what my friends and I refer to as a "paper tank" or "mana sponge". Of course heals where to blame, but as soon as we had another tank step in we had no problems.

So basically, if the tank is taking spike damage in any non heroic then he is probably undergeared, I don't recall any bosses from 70-80 hitting that hard.