Hit Cap vs Set Bonus

I know that i am way behind the game here but i just picked up my fourth pice of valorous (7.5). This is for retribution and is was replacing Staggering Legplates which took me very close to the hit cap due to the very large amount of hit on them.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37193
    Can someone tell me whether I should go for the hit or the reduced CD on my judgment.

Thanks for your time.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hit Cap vs Set Bonus

go for hit. the 4p bonus aint good anymore.

Thanks, and should i ever gem for hit or is it str all the way unless it's to get a decent socket bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Idiocy
    Thanks, and should i ever gem for hit or is it str all the way unless it's to get a decent socket bonus
    I've heard arguments for both sides, and really neither seems close to winning. If you aren't hit capped, gemming for hit won't hinder you. It will help you. Will it help you more than strength? Honestly, you need to feel that out for yourself. If you find yourself missing often, or often enough to bother you, then gemming for hit might be the thing to do for the time being.

I tend to gem only for strength with two purples to activate my meta gem, and it does work for me. But that's not even close to saying that it's the only way to go. I think Elitist Jerks weights strength slightly more than hit at all points up to and beyond the hit cap last I was aware, but I know too that not everyone cares what they have to say. I use the site as a guide rather than a religious text myself.

15+ Year Old Account

the best option is getting hitcapped with gear, not gems. ofc, when you are close to hitcap, you can throw in a gem or 2. but when you are really low on hit, you should get gear and dont gem for it.

the stats weight are:

hit(untill cap)
    strength / expertise - about the same. strength a little bit higher afaik
    crit
    agi
    haste
    arP