Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Ret paladin PTR questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    So after some testing last night, I was supprised to see the following:

Ignore most of the damage. I was hitting 5-6 targets at a time approximately at the Exodar dummies.

With our T9 2P bonus, RV can crit........ but the crit value on it I got, as you see above, is 3.2%, gathered after about 7.5 minutes of fighting.

Anyone else think this crit chance is too-low?
    wow... i figured the bonus would be garbage... but no idea it'd be that bad.

u sure its even working? coz i havent seen any set bonus info on the t9 pieces on the ptr

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lichy
    u sure its even working? coz i havent seen any set bonus info on the t9 pieces on the ptr
    Im not sure if its "working as intended" but this here is proof that the set bonuses are in-game, just not show on the gear.

Case in point, it will have to be MUCH more appealing, because otherwise we will only use the Tier gear for the stats and not the bonuses.

I saw a huge dps increase with a bit of a mana issue, given with a mana pot I was good for about 8 minutes in t8 gear.
    Prediction:
    Our mechanic change is NOT complete, they have something more and the 4 second crusader strike will be needed for it and will take precedence.
    (perhapse a talent change that gives crusader strike a sort of short duration buff that works differently with each seal to generate certain additional effects IE "while under the effect of crusader strike, your judgement of command has a 100% chance to crit on stunned or incapacitated targets, or possibly the second effect they added to seal of vengeance will only work while the player is under the effects of crusader strike.)
    This is only a prediction, but would be an interesting way to make our rotation....less boring
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh
    I saw a huge dps increase with a bit of a mana issue, given with a mana pot I was good for about 8 minutes in t8 gear.
    Prediction:
    Our mechanic change is NOT complete, they have something more and the 4 second crusader strike will be needed for it and will take precedence.
    (perhapse a talent change that gives crusader strike a sort of short duration buff that works differently with each seal to generate certain additional effects IE "while under the effect of crusader strike, your judgement of command has a 100% chance to crit on stunned or incapacitated targets, or possibly the second effect they added to seal of vengeance will only work while the player is under the effects of crusader strike.)
    This is only a prediction, but would be an interesting way to make our rotation....less boring
    I can easily a stacking CS debuff, rather than giving the player a buff, as a more viable option.

10+ Year Old Account

Looks as if AoW is proccing again on the PTR.

15+ Year Old Account

Looks as if AoW is proccing again on the PTR.
    can you check if they made RV +t9 bonus crit any higher?imo it should be calculated with our crit chance on attacks. like between 35% and 45% raidbuffed.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    can you check if they made RV +t9 bonus crit any higher?imo it should be calculated with our crit chance on attacks. like between 35% and 45% raidbuffed.
    One would have to do the new instances to get the new emblems for them. Before you can buy the T9 with gold.... now you cant get any of them.

15+ Year Old Account

One would have to do the new instances to get the new emblems for them. Before you can buy the T9 with gold.... now you cant get any of them.
    ah ffs thats crappy. now we'll have to wait to see if its any good to get.

10+ Year Old Account

ah ffs thats crappy. now we'll have to wait to see if its any good to get.
    Supposedly all instances will drop the new emblems, but they are still dropping the old ones..... well, the instances that can STAY up that is.

Quote Originally Posted by milkshake619
    not to mention with the resilience change, burst loss, and lack of any utility to counter the damage nerf PvP ret is dead in the water.
    No its not, My ret pally is rolling people on the PTR, even rogues, WITHOUT using bubble. I also out mana healers in a 1vs1 IF i realy need to, which i dont.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

15+ Year Old Account

Supposedly all instances will drop the new emblems, but they are still dropping the old ones..... well, the instances that can STAY up that is.
    and so, we will be patient untill further notice of changes...

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    No its not, My ret pally is rolling people on the PTR, even rogues, WITHOUT using bubble. I also out mana healers in a 1vs1 IF i realy need to, which i dont.
    premade paladin in s7 gear + weapon or your own pvp set?

As far as i remember that heroic dungeons and old 10 man (naxx, SO, EoE) will drop Emblems of Conquest (this i am sure off)
    What will you get in old 25 mans raids i cant remember. The new rids will drop the new Emblem of Triumph all so the 2 dailys will have new emblems as rewards 1 emblem for normal and 2 emblems for HC.

You can still downgrade Emblems of Conquest to Hero and Valor at the vendors.

I say: Consecration glyph = win

Who agrees ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account

and so, we will be patient untill further notice of changes...

premade paladin in s7 gear + weapon or your own pvp set?
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyPala
    As far as i remember that heroic dungeons and old 10 man (naxx, SO, EoE) will drop Emblems of Conquest (this i am sure off)
    What will you get in old 25 mans raids i cant remember. The new rids will drop the new Emblem of Triumph all so the 2 dailys will have new emblems as rewards 1 emblem for normal and 2 emblems for HC.

You can still downgrade Emblems of Conquest to Hero and Valor at the vendors.
    To clarify: Conquest embelms are NYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray

I say: Consecration glyph = win

Who agrees ?
    I'm debating over this and the Exo glyph at the moment: Because of the reduced CS cost, I'm not having any more mana issues and can spam Consecration on every cooldown. In the end, though, I think most people will end up with glyphs of Judgement, Consecration, and Seal of Vengeance, and dropping the Seal glyph when you are Exp cap'd for Exorcism.