Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Can I report someone to GM for undercutting ?

The OP is not talking BS here... we have the exact same "problem" on my server. There is a goldseller-char that is online 20h a day and have 1 gem of every sort out on the ah, whenever it sells, the person put one new out. If someone undercut, he immediately removes it and puts in back for 1s less that last bid. This dude (well, must be more than one as it's online so much) have been doing this for weeks now and I'm pretty damn sure this is the Goldselling-idiots new strategy to earn money, stop people from making money (so they have to buy from the goldspammers) and basically ruin the server economy completely.

This is not the OP being paranoid or a jackass that cannot take some normal AH-competition.... This is the goldsellers new and incoming tactics for destroying the economy. Probably a pack of lowlow-paid idiots sitting in a cellar, taking turns to just scan AH, run between AH and bank and that's all they do!

You simply CANT SELL SHIT with these guys doing like this and I'm pretty sure the rest of the servers will get this sooner or later.

I've contacted GM's numerous times but they don't do shit coz it's technically not illegal to undercut 24/7, but I trying to get them understand that this is serveral idiots working on the same account and get them banned for that.... no luck so far... Blizzard doesnt care! Gimme a new game!

Quote Originally Posted by mirks
    Hey

Ive a question regarding udercutting, I know that most of people do it every few hours or sometimes often but on my realm there are 2 nubs who undercut every 1min or sometimes less. They are online for about 1-2months now, each day they login at same time around 1pm and logout ~1am so each day 12hrs and only thing that they do is undercutting people who posted auctions with lower price so others sellers cant sell anything tbh. They are selling gems and enchating materials.
    Can someone like this who is trying to monopolize market be banned for it ? They are using low lvls bank chars, changing nicks every few days (same guild), they never go afk, each day 12hrs in city and the only thing that they do is undercutting every 1min. Im not sure if they are gold sellers but their english is terrible (I know mine isnt perfect:P) and like I said they never go afk, login every single day and stay online for around 12hrs. Thos people are ruin economy, some prices of gems already dropped from 40g to 10g :/

Why are u online for 12 hours wut.. its summer u know beatch, girls who cares about economy...
    "I once shot a gay zombie in Doom. I know he was gay, because before I shot him he was rubbing up against another zombie. I also shot the other zombie too because I don't discriminate against different types of zombies. Be they gay, brain eating, flesh eating or even Nazi zombies. They're all targets in my books."

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    if you want my 2 cents, buy out all their stuff and place it at a price you know to be fair. they'll run out of stock eventually and have to either go farm it or buy yours. either way you're getting cheap ah fodder, or they're gonna stop undercutting.
    No they never run out of stock, every 12hrs they are selling those gems/scrolls Sometimes Im inspecting their achievements and are doing each day avarge 5-10k gold from auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon
    The OP is not talking BS here... we have the exact same "problem" on my server. There is a goldseller-char that is online 20h a day and have 1 gem of every sort out on the ah, whenever it sells, the person put one new out. If someone undercut, he immediately removes it and puts in back for 1s less that last bid. This dude (well, must be more than one as it's online so much) have been doing this for weeks now and I'm pretty damn sure this is the Goldselling-idiots new strategy to earn money, stop people from making money (so they have to buy from the goldspammers) and basically ruin the server economy completely.

This is not the OP being paranoid or a jackass that cannot take some normal AH-competition.... This is the goldsellers new and incoming tactics for destroying the economy. Probably a pack of lowlow-paid idiots sitting in a cellar, taking turns to just scan AH, run between AH and bank and that's all they do!

You simply CANT SELL SHIT with these guys doing like this and I'm pretty sure the rest of the servers will get this sooner or later.

I've contacted GM's numerous times but they don't do shit coz it's technically not illegal to undercut 24/7, but I trying to get them understand that this is serveral idiots working on the same account and get them banned for that.... no luck so far... Blizzard doesnt care! Gimme a new game!
    Excatly same situation on my realm but if you already contacted GM and they dont care theres nothing we can do, you can't win with chinese. Also I was looking for new good realm and like always wanted to check ratio horde:ally, economy etc etc so Ive checked around 8 realms and on 5 of them they was same situation as on my current realm so they already started to ruin AH economy on others. I know that people who dont have JC/enchating/inscription/BS dont give a shit on this but others who had gold on raiding etc from this professions will do soon, you'll see.

Wow is a game with many options. One option is AH. I have a friend who doesn't quest, do HC's, BG, Arena or raids. All he does is sit by AH. Because it's his monthly fee, and that's what he enjoys.
    Should someone be punished for that? Of course not.

Now, if we're talking bot or chinese gold seller sweatshops, then yeah, they should be banned. But not for undercutting AH, but for using bots or being gold sellers.

(BTW...my friend sometimes gives me WoW gold in exchange for irl lunch...does that make him a gold seller?)

Deleted

a friend of mine has reported numerous mining farming bots..

and none of them have ever been banned

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchonBOA
    As flammable said,
    Stop being greedy on your prices, if i see something on ah that is not worth the price they are asking for it, ill post lots of that item if i can, at realy low prices
    Why not posting on normal price? Or is it because you want to ruin other guy's business?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyone
    girls who cares about economy...
    What does THAT have to do with ANYTHING in this thread? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic
    and none of them have ever been banned
    How do you know, did you ask them?

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    Blizz usually bans botters when they upgrade Warden.

On my server, Zenedar EU, we have a different problem, invisible players farming herbs or mine nods.
    say hello to phased zones.
    /facepalm

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Look everyone undercuts, you see you got a yellow gem they go for about let's say 70 goldish.

Now what would you do? Sell the gem for 71Gold or 69gold? Please think before you post this shit again

Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    On my server, Zenedar EU, we have a different problem, invisible players farming herbs or mine nods.
    ye idd have that on The Maelstrom aswell :< was farming herbs for flasks one day and suddenly mob close to me got deathgripped by no-one, i targeted the mob and couldnt see who fought it, just that it got the DK debuffs on it. Was like.. what the..? :P thats the only one ive seen tho, but again if they're invisible.. :P

Well...technically you can report them, but I'm 99.98% sure it will end with them having a little chuckle in-game and/or in person. I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    I like bananas...
    Banned.

Anyone considered that the OP might just be trolling?
    I find it hard to believe anyone could be.... honestly considering reporting people for undercutting.

People has to stop eating clown for Breakfast !
    Why Not ^^

Lol. Can I report our Rogue for out-dpsing me on XT?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Anyone considered that the OP might just be trolling?
    I find it hard to believe anyone could be.... honestly considering reporting people for undercutting.
    Have you read the post itself, or are you just replying based on the topic title?

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Have you read the post itself, or are you just replying based on the topic title?
    Have you read it? Or are you just randomly quoting other replies for the sake of it?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Have you read it? Or are you just randomly quoting other replies for the sake of it?
    I not only have read it, but I also replied various times.

That also makes me believe he is not trolling.
    I don't see how you think he is, if you have read the topic.

He is talking about what is most likely AUTOMATED auctions, which is (since it's using 3th party software for this) not allowed. I agree the topic title isn't that great choosen and basicly draws people who will not read the topic itself, but if these practices happen on a realm, it threathens the economy and should be taken care of.

No part of scanning, posting or cancelling an item on the AH is a protected function in the scripting system.

A tailored addon can scan the AH, cancel items that were undercut, post a new item a silver less, and repeat indefinitely. The user just needs to run to the mailbox now and then to pick up stock. Because it uses only the scripting system given to us by Blizzard, and no third party software, they are completely legitimate.

When these bot-like addons become more common, Blizzard will likely protect a few APIs or restrict scanning somehow to make it less automated.