Thread: 3.2 & Eclipse

3.2 & Eclipse

I was on the PTR's testing out eclipse and it did not seem to work right.

Eclipse cooldowns changed - Each effect lasts 15 sec and each has a separate 30 sec cooldown. Both effects cannot occur simultaneously

Since both affect cannot occur simultaneously there was no chain proccing eclipse procs. After an eclipse proc is done there seems to be CD on eclipse that wont let it proc again for about 10-15seconds. It was hard to get exact timing w/o any addons going. Either way there is no chain eclipse procs like i was hoping for.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.arygos.kentukyfried#inventory
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Re: 3.2 & Eclipse

So you're saying you would proc lunar eclipse, SF for 15 secs, and then afte eclipse was over you SF crit within 15 secs and it did not proc solar?
    Or were you jsut getting unlucky with crits?
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    You just seem to have not really understand the change. Eclipse comes in two flavors, Lunar and Solar. Bot currently have a CD that they share, i.e. if you had either of the proccs, you won't procc any for 15s after it fell off. The change now is, that the CDs only count for the respective flavor it was caused by. That means that you now can procc a Solar Eclipse earlier than 15s after a Lunar Eclipse ran out, but you still have to wait the 15s if you wanted to procc another Lunar Eclipse. This basically forces us to use the Eclipse flavors alternatingly rather than the one we prefered.

So you theoretically CAN chainprocc if your very first cast after a Eclipse fell off proccs the other Eclipse flavor. Of course this also means that it'd have to crit and in case of Wrath the 60% would have to kick in, so you will rarely see actual chainproccing, but for different reasons as you described.
    I think the OP got all that, but you still can't chainprocc even alternating eclipses on the PTR at the moment.

You start out the fight with Wrath until Starfire-Eclipse procs. In accordance to the changes, the next critical Starfire hit right after the Starfire-Eclipse ends, should immediately proc a Wrath-Eclipse.

Yet it doesn't. Right now eclipses behave just like they did in 3.1 on the PTR.

Yeah, i noticed that too, had the old squakandawe addon installed on the Ptr, but coulden't seem to be able to Proc another eclipse after 15 seconds(when the first effect had run out... but assoon as the 30 sec Cd from my lunar was gone i could proc both.....

This is how it is on the Ptr now:
    Casting Wrath--->Crits with Wrath---->Lunar Eclipse Procs and a 30 sec Cd on the lunar starts --15 sec-->
    Lunar eclipse Fades ----> Casts Starfire ----Crit!---> Nothing happens----> Casts Starfire ----Crit!---> Nothing happens etc etc ---- Another 15 sec(internal Cd Gone)---> Still spamming Starfire---Crit!--> Solar eclipse Procs------> -------->

This is how the patchnotes says it should be:

Casting Wrath--->Crits with Wrath---->Lunar Eclipse Procs and a 30 sec Cd on the lunar starts --15 sec-->
    Lunar eclipse Fades ----> Casts Starfire ----Crit!---> Solar Eclipse ----> Casting Wrath --15 sec--> Crits with Wrath---> Lunar Eclipse Procs.

Not working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."
    it's as annoying as the tank who asks READY? after every trash pull.

Just as annoying as these threads? AmIright?
    ~Bahumut5

well..... not working as we read it would, and hoped it would, and lost sleep over thinking of our 7-8k dps....

I hope it does end up working the way we were hoping it would though.....
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

Yeah, no chain proccing yet, was on the PTR briefly this morning and for a while the other day. At first I wasn't even getting the Instant Starfire Proc from the T8 bonus, but this morning that seemed to have been resolved. However nay, no chain procs as of yet.

At first I thought it might have just been Squawk and Awe not having been updated to show another bar that fast and just sticking with the initial one, but when i looked up at my buffs nada. Squat all. Plus I realised that the new Eclipse proc would've probably overwritten the inital Eclipse.

So yeah, just hope that this isn't working as intended as of yet, as I was reaching stupid dps as it was with the T8 working for me, with a chain Eclipse proc rotations gonna get insane to handle though, making sure IS is up at all times almost for those insta casts, making sure that Moonfire is up at the right times for the 3 extra ticks too, because it's clear thy want us to use it due to the new set bonus in T9.

But yeah it's a lot to handle, me thinks I'm gonna play around with Satrina's buff frames later to make sure that I have an optimal view of all DoTs + Eclipse procs + SF procs + Natures grace etc just to simplify things a tad.

Hoping when SAA updates for 3.2 they'll add a second bar for each Eclipse proc, and HOPEFULLY they'll make the bars more customisable so i can move them around. Much easier imo to have an Eclipse CD displayed either side of my screen left for Wrath and right for SF, just gonna make it a whole lot simpler to watch 2 at once without getting confused, because the Eclipse CD bar will probs stay the same for both bars and looking at one whilst right ontop of the other is gonna mean i'll probs mess up and miscast occasionally.

Anyway text over now, just bored and needed an essay to write on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilari

This is how it is on the [b]Ptr[b] now:
    Lunar eclipse Fades ----> Casts Starfire ----Crit!---> Nothing happens----> Casts Starfire ----Crit!---> Nothing happens etc etc ---- Another 15 sec(internal Cd Gone)---> Still spamming Starfire---Crit!--> Solar eclipse Procs------> -------->

Not working as intended.
    It's a TEST Realm for a reason guys, they will probably fix this once they find out how to.

Seed of Corruption/Typhoon bug much?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

http://www.wow.com/2008/09/26/typhoo...he-wrath-beta/

My mistake, I meant to say "Seed of Corruption/Typhoon (non-live) bug much?"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

The PTR is indeed bugged, as the tooltip said you should be able to chain eclipse SF/wr/SF/wr/SF/wr....

but you cant, they still share cooldown

if you wouldnt been able to chainproc them it would mean they changed nothing so obviously just a ptr bug
    "AV frontline has less time to live than Omaha beach"

Quote Originally Posted by FourofaKind
    It's a TEST Realm for a reason guys, they will probably fix this once they find out how to.

Seed of Corruption/Typhoon bug much?
    /shrug shadow priest nerfed from TBC much?

There isn't anything wrong to point out there is something wrong with spells. (or if it's indeed how it works, it gets clarified)

It is part of the reason for a TEST realm.

Deleted

Tried out this morning, seems it's been fixed and does proc the opposite eclipse after the first one goes on cooldown. Lag was pretty insane though, have too much latency to do any real tests (as always on PTR).

It has been fixed on the PTR now yeah, tried it out last night and from the short amount of testing I could get done it seemed to be around 300dps increase unbuffed. Will have to see how much of an actual increase it is when it goes live, but from what math I've read on EJ and such it seems to be a 10% dps increase.

Eclipse does work on the PTR's now . Typhoon is still bugged and you will get DC'd if you use it. Also set bonus'es arent working on the PTR so i couldnt test any DPS.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.arygos.kentukyfried#inventory
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

the 2nd ptr is up but its not working right still

u can proc solar eclipse over and over without a cd lol

also the t8 4pce proc doesnt work at all and natures grace does not come into effect when u crit

lolol eternal solar eclipse ..my eyes!!!

Good to know that separate cooldowns are working. The only problem is coming up with a decent rotation for balance druids. With this change and the t9-9.5 set bonuses, insect swarm will become obsolete. Since after a lunar eclipse, you'll have 15s to proc a solar eclipse which will end just abit after the lunar eclipse finishes its cooldown (if you're lucky) then you'll have to reapply your dots... which will pretty much just be moonfire since the 2pc t9-9.5 and the new idol pretty much gives it away as Blizzard's spell of choice for balance druids for 3.2. Atleast the idol's proc will directly affect the t9-9.5 set bonus and the starfire glyph will be much more useful now. They should really buff t9-9.5 set bonuses to atleast 7% ... seeing as though shamans are getting a humongous buff to their lavaburst and mages get +5% crit chance to practically every spell. As if mages don't already do better dps than most balance druids without even trying.

Although it hasn't been noted anywhere or stated in the tooltip for the talent, it's possible that there has been a lower chance on starfire crit implemented like there is for wrath for eclipse to proc, 60% for wrath and (supposedly) a 100% for SF to proc on crit. If it is a mistake and isn't fixed on ptr it should def be fixed by the time it makes it into normal servers pretty quickly.

What's funny is now Nature's Grace doesn't work on the PTR.

The PTR is more like playing where's waldo with bugs, can you find them all?

Quote Originally Posted by H3avenlySign
    Good to know that separate cooldowns are working. The only problem is coming up with a decent rotation for balance druids. With this change and the t9-9.5 set bonuses, insect swarm will become obsolete. Since after a lunar eclipse, you'll have 15s to proc a solar eclipse which will end just abit after the lunar eclipse finishes its cooldown (if you're lucky) then you'll have to reapply your dots... which will pretty much just be moonfire since the 2pc t9-9.5 and the new idol pretty much gives it away as Blizzard's spell of choice for balance druids for 3.2. Atleast the idol's proc will directly affect the t9-9.5 set bonus and the starfire glyph will be much more useful now. They should really buff t9-9.5 set bonuses to atleast 7% ... seeing as though shamans are getting a humongous buff to their lavaburst and mages get +5% crit chance to practically every spell. As if mages don't already do better dps than most balance druids without even trying.
    Actually, if I'm not mistaken, EJ has stated that 2t8/2t9 is vastly better than 4t9. Thus IS is not obsolete. Druid rotation won't be very complex, it'll be more a matter of keeping up dots than anything else. ATM 4tp is complete crap and not worth picking up. Also, as it seems Blizzard has wanted all along, crit becomes a better stat than haste, and should realistically be capped at about 400.

What's more interesting though is the the Balance of Power change. Is it supposed to be just like the tool tip reads? Which would be a straight 6% to hit instead of 4% Meaning less +hit gear needed. Or is the new tooltip just badly worded.