Enhancement PvP discussion on damage dealing forums

Ok. I haven't obviously posted much on these forums but I do read them from time to time. I mostly concentrate my posting to the wow forum boards (particularly damage dealing and shaman boards.)

I have written up a pretty concise post (albeit long) about the most recent philosophy (that is what I am calling it) from GC about how enhancement shamans should perform in arena against a healer.

The post I wrote up is http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...31365292&sid=1

I am trying to give it a little visibility, and to get some good constructive posts going in it to try to concentrate the discussions into one post instead of many. I am trying to get Blizzard to understand that it is a flawed design, and is one that will forever hold us back in an arena setting unless they change something.

I would appreciate it if we got the word out about it. Enhancement has the right (right along with every other melee dps) to stand at least a chance of killing healers. Not to mention other dps classes.

Edit: I hope it is ok to use this forum board as a bit of visibility for the post. I am just hoping that we can bring about a change is all.

Re: Enhancement PvP discussion on damage dealing forums

History states that if we don't convince the devs before this patch of the changes that MUST happen for Enh pvp to be viable that we will have to wait until the next patch to fail to do so again.

We have an abysmally low arena representation (and success rate) and something must be done about it.

Shamen are the least played class, enhancement making up even less of that number.

Everyone must be heard and let themselves and our situation be known for Blizzard to take action. While it is true that Blizz makes their own decisions and that they merely take players concerns under "advisement", it has become clear in recent months that a great many of the pvp changes that have been made have happened as a result of player outcry.

Blizz, similarly, answers and acknowledges those classes/specs more readily on the forums who let themselves be known the most often.

If you frequent the blizzard forums I'm sure you'll not that every hunter/warlock/warrior thread over 7 pages gets a blue response, where many shaman threads are left unacknowledged.

This is not a QQ post. The devs have on a basic level acknowledged the pvp problems enh has in the Q & A, what is important now is that we push them to address them in the correct way--a baindaid will not do.

Go to wowforums.

Post a post.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

ATM "post a post" will not work...how many rly good ideas died here ?.. So just play as u can..and hope that blizz will, at last, put wind shock out of "shock grp" CD's...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

the most natural thing to fix would be about purge.

back in the day we used to be a living nightmare for casters of any sorts, until blizzard indirectly nerfed purge by giving classes resitances against it or something similar.

resto shaman are currently the only healing class we can really pressure, but of course with 3.2 we will have to dispell earthshield 5 times ( assuming we refrain from hitting him to let him heal himself ) just to have him recast it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

bump for enhancement shaman justice.

The thread at wowforums is getting some love, but it needs more!

Topics include:

1. Enhancement shamen can't kill stuff in 3v3, 5v5

2. Windfury is too random.

3. Stormstrike and lava lash are too weak

etc.

Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

i hate having to use feral spirit trinks with heroism just to take down a healer if i even can i have alot less ap in pvp gear but if im in pve gear i die way to fast

lava lash needs a serious buff it is the most useless spell for pvp maybe 150% weapon damage since its offhand or just more fire dmg or maybe even a fire dmg dot so we dont have to flame shock just to keep a rogue from vanishing mid fight

stormstrike could use a bit of a buff aswell 100% weapon damage from both weapons

shamistic rage maybe increasing damage would be nice or at least making you immune to stun it only lasts 15sec

plus does the 7% health boost we getting in the next patch do much? we still wear mail and have low armor

shamans and swords arnt the best lore wise but neither are rogues and axes but i guess rogues using axes they will make more but there must NEVER be a fast axes

enhancement is barly hanging on in pvp we need a change
    end qq

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnecktie
    If you must PvP as a melee class roll one that is actually good in PvP. I suggest a Ret pally or a Rogue. DK or Warrior is good too.
    This is they way of loser :P "roll near-OP class and stop qq".. yes, go on, every one can faceroll as warr-dk-rog-ret but there are only few pplz who can get to same high ratings as enh...

P.S. we arent qq w/o reason, we just wanna make enh not so UP a it is atm...we arent asking "just buff or dmg" coz it willhit PvE too much, we just wanna get few changes in mechanisc so we can do more things and become "low dmg but very useful support" as intended (for example - wind shock off GCD etc).

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P