need some 1337 gamer knowledge please

I used to play wow on a PC but now i dont have the option to run my home computer anymore so is there anyone out there that can give me some insight on laptops?
    I'll be honest ive NEVER even played around with one and i have no clue about them, i am completly laptop/notebook illiterate lol. Ayways if there is anyone out there who can point in the right direction as far as a website or general knowledge id be forever greatfull. Im looking to spend around 1-1.5k. Will i be able to get a good setup for that amount?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: need some 1337 gamer knowledge please

/funny guy

1-1.5k what? gold?

/funny guy off

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    /funny guy

1-1.5k what? gold?

/funny guy off
    That wasn't funny, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Force

Quote Originally Posted by Zen117
    I used to play wow on a PC but now i dont have the option to run my home computer anymore so is there anyone out there that can give me some insight on laptops? 
    I'll be honest ive NEVER even played around with one and i have no clue about them, i am completly laptop/notebook illiterate lol.  Ayways if there is anyone out there who can point in the right direction as far as a website or general knowledge id be forever greatfull.  Im looking to spend around 1-1.5k.  Will i be able to get a good setup for that amount?
    If you're willing to spend $1-1.5k on a laptop, you can actually get a nice gaming laptop for that range.
    Here's one of the best retail ones starting around $1,199. Though it can get really pricey if you want the best hardware.
    http://www.alienware.com/products/ar...de=SKU-DEFAULT
    New and shiny compppppp!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    just had to try the trolling thing, just once, I'll never do it again.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

I built my desktop computer myself, with my own hands, top to bottom for $775. Bought all the parts online and had them shipped to me.

I went to Alienware and entered the exact same specification as the computer I had just build had. Spec for Spec. It came out to $5675.

$4900 is a nice discount for some hard work if you want to built it yourself.

As for laptops. Check out HP and DELL. Good systems, good prices. Just make sure it has over 2gig Ram and a non-integrated (not onboard) graphics card and you'll be fine.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    just had to try the trolling thing, just once, I'll never do it again.
    /pat
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    I built my desktop computer myself, with my own hands
    Come back when you can build it with your feet, sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul
    Come back when you can build it with your feet, sport.
    Reminds me of a Dave Chappelle skit.... but I will hold myself back.... just this once. ;D
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Avoid any HP product like the plague.

I would not suggest building your own laptop. Just get something with decent specs. Same as pc specs. (You likely wont find as high of specs, but you can find close)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.