Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What's with the really low Rip on PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Ok, Mr "In know better than you". Let's see.

This is the formula (Ovideozn posted it, but better be repetitive):

Old Rip: 30% AP + 3204 (at 5CPs)
    New Rip: 30% AP + 3006 (at 5CPs)

Let's see what happens with 6k AP (which a druid in blues can already have), 8k AP, and 10k AP.
    Since you are complaining about PvP (omfg no raid buffz!!!11111oneone) we'll consider a purely self-buffed situation. Let's say that you have 50% crit.

At 6k AP -> old: 6000*0.3+3204 = 5004 damage
    Add Mangle and Sabvage Roar, 5004*1.3*1.33 = 8652 damage
    Factor in the critical stikes, 8652+(8652*0.5*2.2) = 18169 damage
    New one: 6000*0.3+3006 = 4806 damage
    Mangle+SR, 4806*1,3*1,33 = 8310 damage
    Post-crit, 8310+(8310*0.5*2.2) = 17451 damage

Now what is the difference? 18169-17451 = 718 damage. ORLY.
    As I said, you lose under 1k damage in the whole Rip duration.

At 8k AP (without redoing all the math, you saw the formula so just apply them):
    Old Rip: 20347
    New Rip: 19629
    Difference: 718

At 10k AP:
    Old Rip: 22527
    New Rip: 21806
    Difference: 721

Post reliable data, or gtfo.
    You are awesome ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Silenthand
    "Finally" springs to mind. Sorry for being an ass but come on, 4k dot crits as a dps spec that reasembles a rogue, yet rogues get half of that even with crits.
    lol wait wait wait...a rogue is asking for other clases to be nerfed.....you sir need to take a look at almost all legit raiding dps meters.

1 rogue in raid on most fights you will be lower than a ret and feral druid (atm)
    2 rogues you will both most likely be a little above all the other dps
    3 rogues you "should" blow every other dps class out of the water hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon
    lol wait wait wait...a rogue is asking for other clases to be nerfed.....you sir need to take a look at almost all legit raiding dps meters.

1 rogue in raid on most fights you will be lower than a ret and feral druid (atm)
    lolwut?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon

Ferals can't shred on bosses like kologarn. So why don't we have the chance to be higher o ndps on other bosses, hmm?

I should've included this in the OP. I was referring only to the Rip damage in PvP. On a target dummy, the nerf is not that severe.

Basically, I dueled him on my Priest and stood there and let him hit me, while healing, to test the numbers. We do this on Live sometimes and yes, I'm aware that Priests have additional damage reduction from procs. Either way, the difference was massive, and I was under the assumption that DoT damage would not change, just all other damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    lolwut?
    That's what I was thinking.

I have absolutely no idea what he just said there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Well thats good to hear, Myzou had me worried for a minute.
    Well, those are the numbers I'm getting, as well as a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by d9d9
    Now we see that's not 2-3 already but more close to 4 and not everyone has 7100AP. Also there are no guaranties these formulas are correct. -4% on every ability = tons of burst damage loss. Same as loose a gear tier. So GTFO theorycrafter. I don't like to play with healer because that's terribly boring. Now I will be forced to due to all these changes and looks like it will be 20-30min manawars again which sucks.
    I LOL'd.

Unfortunately my dumbass lost the data I had recorded [using a script].

But the dps drop really is minor, people are doing some crazy dumb math and coming up with numbers that make it look like ferals got nerfed to the ground, which is fine with me, means less people playing them and even less people complaining about them lol.

Fact of the matter is...the nerf looks much larger on paper than it truly is.

It's just enough to knock us off the top of dps [in higher end raiding guilds] but still keep us more than viable as raid dps.

Oh and my rips on ptr with my current mix of 25man naxx and 25man ulduar gear were critting for just under 6k selfbuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    It's just enough to knock us off the top of dps [in higher end raiding guilds] but still keep us more than viable as raid dps.
    Not even. This will nerf ferals in crappy gear primarily, as it's base damage that's nerfed and not the part that scales with AP. The better your gear is, the less you'll notice this nerf. I did some math in a thread that got nuked and it turned out to be ~2% dps nerf with 9k AP.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Not even. This will nerf ferals in crappy gear primarily, as it's base damage that's nerfed and not the part that scales with AP. The better your gear is, the less you'll notice this nerf. I did some math in a thread that got nuked and it turned out to be ~2% dps nerf with 9k AP.
    Aye.

Even if it was 4% (which by all means is not, if you're at Ulduar gear level) 7000dps - 4% = 6720dps. Not something to be benched for tbh :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Arel all this "math" and "common sense" is just misleading. We all know the sky is falling. Look at it.

;D

Everytime we need some reliable data there's always the good old arel for us. You are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    4k white crits are op, ferals barely even do 1/3 of that.

cwutididthere?
    ferals have 1.0 attack speed.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    ferals have 1.0 attack speed.
    Apparently you didn't c wut he did thar.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact
    Apparently you didn't c wut he did thar.
    Cant expect a ret pally to understand anything more than face rolling :P

Meh, just did some testing on dummies myself and the nerf is, as the math suggest, a small one. Enough to shut the whiners' mouths, I hope.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.