raiding gear question

Right now I have 4/5 deadly, all furious off set (cept ring and cloak) and want to do dual spec for raiding. My question is should I bother going for lower end pve gear or just start doing ulduar 10 man and naxx 10 and 25 (and voa) for tier sets?

Just not sure if I will have enough pve dps in a raid with pvp gear.

I have a list of pre raid gear I can get from BSing and heroics or AH items. Its going to cost a lot so I want to make sure I don't waste a bunch of gold if my gear will suffice in the raids until I start getting tier gear.

Re: raiding gear question

Quote Originally Posted by BlasphemousMusic
    Right now I have 4/5 deadly, all furious off set (cept ring and cloak) and want to do dual spec for raiding. My question is should I bother going for lower end pve gear or just start doing ulduar 10 man and naxx 10 and 25 (and voa) for tier sets?

Just not sure if I will have enough pve dps in a raid with pvp gear.

I have a list of pre raid gear I can get from BSing and heroics or AH items. Its going to cost a lot so I want to make sure I don't waste a bunch of gold if my gear will suffice in the raids until I start getting tier gear.
    Your pvp gear will be near equal to blue pve gear. Pick up any epics you can from heroics and you are good enough to do 10 naxx. You most likely have very low expertise, and slightly under the hit cap for yellow attacks with your current gear.

should I go with the "pre raid gear" thread suggestions? I can easily get the whole list of it within a day or two, its just going to be costly so I wanted to ask before I made that purchase and ran heroics.

imo, the deadly (213) is roughly equivalent to 200 epix, so i wouldn't bother with blues unless good reason (like expertise), you'll lose dps.

You might want one of the +expertise belts (AT, badges...), but apart from that, just raid and drop stuff

Running heroics is also a great starter. You get drops, badges, and the exalted rep items are often nice until 25 raid stuff.

Using your skills right will net you more dps than gearing anyway, with perhaps the exception of the darkmoon card and top enchant on weapon.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

15+ Year Old Account

You have to realize the following:
    PvP gear "wastes" a certain amount of it's value on resilience and high stamina. To get the PvE-value you have to look at the actual useful stats that remain when you ignore stamina and resilience.

Example:
    Furious Gladiator's Girdle of Triumph vs. Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle
    When you subtract stamina and resilience, you get (not regarding socket & socket bonus as they are identical):
    furious: 77 str, 49 crit
    flame-bathed: 66 str, 59 crit
    That means, in pve terms, that the furious belt is a little bit better than the drop from heroic nexus, but not by much.

If your gear is deadly set + furious offset, then you should have the equivalent of full Naxx10 epics. But as already mentioned, you will lack certain stats, which are very important in pve: hit and expertise. So if you want to get ready for raiding, you should look for easy-to-obtain epics with the stats you are lacking. Your goal should be 8% hit (263 rating) and 6.5% or 26 expertise (214 rating).

For hit you should try to get Staggering Legplates from Utgarde Keep and maybe Spiked Titansteel Helm from a Blacksmith.
    For expertise i would recommend Hemorrhaging Circle from Gundrak and Collar of Dissolution and Bracers of lost Sentiment from Spiderwing in Naxx10.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet