Poll: BOS or BOK in 3.2

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Pally tanks BOS or BOK in 3.2

Guys. Cut the crap already.

We're talking about 3.2, not Live.

It means 3% reduction AND 10% stamina versus 10% stamina, agility and strength.

If ANY of you thinks that 150 strength and what, 30 agility (?) is better than a flat 3% damage reduction *with the same 10% to stamina in both cases*, the door to DK rerolling is that way ---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I've already repeatedly said the new sanc is better, i just don't like it because it makes things too easy... and since half of the idiots who have come here have come with the false pretence that sanc is better than kings currently, it kinda proves my point.

I like these little nuances with paladin, it helps split the people who know what they're talking about from those who don't, therefore changing things to be retard friendly means its harder to spot them...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mean
    Footnote: we tried to take prot palas to progression raids, and even in par in gear with our tanks, they where a failure if no trash around to tank, sorry , we stick to the good old formula, and we doing just fine, we have and always had a tank real tanking class, all other are fail gimmick attempts of the first and only.
    Lawl.

I've progression-tanked everything in our weekly Ulduar 25 pug, the only exception being General Vezax since our raid leader was a pussy and wanted a warrior tank for intervene ;D

http://profiler.wowhead.com/?profile...ncrest.robodin Might be showing ret or block gear, depending on whether it refreshes or not.

As for the OP, BoS all the way. The only reason I would want BoK, if is there is another paladin in the group/raid who can buff me with it.

That's a nice wowhead tool, havent seen it before

http://profiler.wowhead.com/?profile...nd.lightstrike - sweet, gloves and weapon letting me down though tbh, titanguard just refuses to drop for us though.. 0 drops, literally.

a) The sanc buff to give you stam on top of the current mitigation/regen is for when you don't have another paladin in your group. If you do have one, they can give you kings and you can give yourself sanc and you can stop this stupid four page argument right there.

b) The only cases where you are unlikely to have no other paladins are in 5-mans and sometimes in 10-mans. If this is the case you don't need the "bonus" str/agi/int that BoK gives you because the content really _isnt that hard_

c) If you're somehow running a 25-man with not a single other paladin, then you're pretty much doing it wrong anyway. And if that is the case anyway, still go BoS. Don't be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by gattaca
    a) The sanc buff to give you stam on top of the current mitigation/regen is for when you don't have another paladin in your group. If you do have one, they can give you kings and you can give yourself sanc and you can stop this stupid four page argument right there.

b) The only cases where you are unlikely to have no other paladins are in 5-mans and sometimes in 10-mans. If this is the case you don't need the "bonus" str/agi/int that BoK gives you because the content really _isnt that hard_

c) If you're somehow running a 25-man with not a single other paladin, then you're pretty much doing it wrong anyway. And if that is the case anyway, still go BoS. Don't be silly.
    BoK > BoS

Don't be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike
    BoK > BoS

Don't be silly.
    He's talking about PTR/3.2, in which case BoS > BoK.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyneside
    He's talking about PTR/3.2, in which case BoS > BoK.
    I know, I was just trying to drive the point home for 3.1

I know, I was just trying to drive the point home for 3.1
    Read the fucking topic.

I did, but there was so much fail about 3.1 I had to intervene.

15+ Year Old Account

I did, but there was so much fail about 3.1 I had to intervene.
    Stop tanking with SP weapons, we'll believe you more :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

BoS no arguement, although i see a lot of people comparing the current BoS to BoK even though the thread was refaring to the 3.2 version of BoS with the 10% stamina buff.

IF for some reason you are the only pala in your raid then youd be an idiot not to chose BoS ./facepalm at the 9% that voted for kings lol
    basicaly the only real difference in the buffs is either 3% damage reduction and a nice little mana regen or 10% str (10% agi is very small, even the dodge gained is tiny in ulduar gear due to diminishing returns) why would anyone chose 10% str over 3% damage reduction as a tank...

Might need the threat more than the damage reduction, consider overgearing malygos as a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Stop tanking with SP weapons, we'll believe you more :P
    erhem.

[quote]BoS is not always the number one choice for a blessing though it will be in 3.2 unless there are some very peculiar circumstances where bok might be better, or even wisdom perhaps?

BoK is far better than BoSanc when it comes to encounters with big hits. Even the mana argument falls down here because 1/2SA and divine plea alone on these type of htis is enough to keep your mana full, on the fringe side of things you lose maybe 5 mana per second, which is enough to last somethign like 14 minutes without going oom.
    /quote]
    -By encounters with big hits, I'm going to assume you mean raids, naturally. If so, I'd hope you'd have more than just one Paladin in your raid. Which of course should be the case, in that instance, why wouldn't you have both Kings and Sanct?
    -The point of "wisdom even," is moot as well, you'll see better gains from sanct as protection over wisdom, lets not mention the dmg reduction and stamina boost as its a given.

Quote Originally Posted by mean
    Wild Troll back n kicking.

Hello,

TBC, WotLK didnt brought anything for "prot palas" (still laugh on this) go take a look at the best PvE 50 guilds form EU and from US and find me a OT prot pala (not a prot pala doing Naxx alts runs or being dragged along thru Ulduar with the big boys), if they take prot palas for raids its for trash tanking (DKs start to remove palas from that task but not many thing alike to do in Ulduar, to bad) and for the buffs, dual specc start to let pala prots to be more happy.

Protection tree its the best PvP tree for palas, always have been.

Now more seriouslly, i'm not trolling, i love the prot palas of my guild, they do the never end heroics and go to naxx and recent old stuff and our alts go with them to gear and stress of the main raids, after killing Algalon not much to do, for now.

Footnote: we tried to take prot palas to progression raids, and even in par in gear with our tanks, they where a failure if no trash around to tank, sorry , we stick to the good old formula, and we doing just fine, we have and always had a tank real tanking class, all other are fail gimmick attempts of the first and only.

Footnote2:And if BoS dosent rise the rage generation no more, well ... good for palas that bought DualSpecc, or no big raids for them.
    cheers.
    The next post, whether troll or not, people will take it the wrong way if they don't recognize whats going on, so I'll add my 2cents.

PROTIP: The only reason these guilds don't include a protection paladin is sheerly because these high top end guilds, have rolled with a tight knit group of people. While your run of the mill elite guilds on yours or anyone's server will always end up with a few people that get in as subs for various reasons, or through recruitment.

-Tank turnover if you haven't noticed, at least for a good guild.. Is extremely low. Tanks generally speaking are there for the long haul. Especially reputable tanks.

-Protection Paladins were offered a myriad of things both new, and revisements of talents and spells to some things.

Your argument about "Paladins just don't cut it" is poor. It's the same junk that's been said since BC. Yet your crowd is always proven time and time again that it's of no penalty to have a Prot specced paladin doing the work. Especially now in WOTLK.

-You said prot has always been the been the best tree for pvp? Apparently you didn't see that they nerfed Reckoning, after that your choice was ret, or go holy and heal.

I'm really led to believe that you're Prot Paladins just arn't good. Neither is your guild for that matter if they are in fact that close minded. Don't get it twisted, a good many of my friends in game and out of game are Warrior Tanks. And all of them are more than open to using whoever either wants to tank the boss at hand, or use whatever tank is best in a gimmick fight. I've tanked everything my Warrior tank has, and I've done it just as well if not better, and without "special needs" like extra healers etc etc etc.
    Judge a man not by the gleam of his sword, but by the dents in his shield.

Basically, I was talking about BoK vs BoS, whether you can have both is not the issue as it's obviously the best solution.
    In a 10 man raid, it is likely you'll have 1 paladin in the raid due to there being 1 class for each spot. I know class representation isn't equal, especially with everyone having deathknights nowadays, but the chances of having 2 paladins is pretty low really, though it's very nice to have 2. In a 25 man I will admit you would be unlucky to be the only paladin there.

This question gets too stupid, BoS.