Lifebloom, Yet another nerf?

Can someone confirm blizzard is nerfing the bloom on lifebloom by 20% with 3.2? I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me with all the qq about nerfing resto shamans i see constantly.

Re: Lifebloom, Yet another nerf?

Yup they are.

Well so much for running around being king in pvp, basically just try to keep people alive until the bloom ticks. Maybe if we get some more rogues/dks crying about how hard it is to kill druids they will completely nerf droods into the ground again. fun times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

well a nerf was needed, in my opinion its just the SP coefficient thats OP. as a healer with full furious with LW etc can get 2.4k SP with 760ish resi, which makes LB rly OP.

while healers with average 1.8k SP aren't rly

Quote Originally Posted by Balewulf
    Can someone confirm blizzard is nerfing the bloom on lifebloom by 20% with 3.2? I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me with all the qq about nerfing resto shamans i see constantly.
    In PvP, it needed a nerf. In PvE ... well ... it got nerfed before, and we evolved. You'd be blind not to say that Restoration Druids were freakishly good at evading and surviving. The QQ was well deserved; however, the volume of QQ and the intensity may very well have been too much (which seems to be the standard these days). Take the change with a grain of salt and try not to do what so many people do these days and clutter the forums with "DOMAGAWD DEY DUN GONE NERFED US" (not saying that you have/did, just putting it out there for the future).

So punish someone that has excellent gear because as you stated someone with "average" gear only has 1.8k sp and can't heal as well as someone with 2.4k sp? The point of the game is to get better gear so you are better at pvp/pve.

I'm not throwin a fit, i'm just sayin they have nerfed druids every patch since we recieved the mana regen nerf and the armor buff. Shouldn't blizz let it ride a while longer before just wittling away at druids every patch? Maybe bloom was to big, but 20% thats a little excessive imo.

Figuring as major patches are nearly 5-6 months apart from each other. No, timewise they are rollin' it out just fine. As for the nerfs ... the point of them is to bring the level of play to be on par with other classes. Like they've said, it's better to nerf one class then to buff all the others to be on par with that one. If we get to a point where were not viable or no longer desired, that's when it's acceptible to bring an upsetting thread up. Imo, this is a perfectly understandable resolution to Restoration dominance in PvP. There are still many tricks to use that have not been touched. Nobody likes nerfs on their own class ...

Imo nerf rejuv not lifebloom. Wow that crap is so powerful (talking for pve, not pvp).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account

The first "nerf" really wasn't a nerf sure they upped the mana cost but what other healing spells give mana back for druids......see. I loved the change its nice to get that extra boost especially in General fight. ^_^

I agree 20% is a bit much and it's sad. I won't get to see a lifebloom bloom for 23000 anymore It was fun to be semi- pally like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaefaerie
    The first "nerf" really wasn't a nerf sure they upped the mana cost...
    Did you not raid Resto TBC? Lifebloom got it's healing coefficient nerfed, pretty hard.

I agree that resto druids are at the top of pvp healing, but we have our perks just as shaman and priest have their perks. I think the amount it was healing for (abover post 23k) is excessive but i've never seen a bloom that big, i've seen 17kish, and thats 60% (without ms) of some classes health pools. Maybe a 10% nerf but dang jumping to 20% is harsh imo. As someone mentions earlier though everyone is partial to their own class.

So they nerf the ending bloom by 20%.

17,000 * .8 = 13,600

That is 3,400 hp difference. That, for most classes is the equivalent of a special attack normal hit. The thought process from blizzard was most likely that players are staying alive just | | that much longer to get off another cast and start the tree boogey all over again. How many situations have you been in where you (or a resto druid) got away because you (or a resto druid) had an extra 10% HP leftover from their barrage. Just how many more swings would they (or you) have had to use to kill you (or a resto druid)? You see what I'm saying? I feel like I'm being redundant.

Against most good players between silence/stun/cc/insane burst its hard enough to stay alive, to me 3000ish health seems like alot. I however admit that it is insanely easy to tank 5 scrubs who don't silence stun etc. But why reward people who just know how to zerg? 10% would be fair imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Balewulf
    So punish someone that has excellent gear because as you stated someone with "average" gear only has 1.8k sp and can't heal as well as someone with 2.4k sp? The point of the game is to get better gear so you are better at pvp/pve.

I'm not throwin a fit, i'm just sayin they have nerfed druids every patch since we recieved the mana regen nerf and the armor buff. Shouldn't blizz let it ride a while longer before just wittling away at druids every patch? Maybe bloom was to big, but 20% thats a little excessive imo.
    Well yes spells should scale with gear but theres limit to how much. in my opinion LB scaled tooo much.

Which part of lifebloom do you think scales to well, the bloom or the ticks? or both? bloom maybe a little bit, but 20% is a huge nerf to the bloom. I think the hot is fine. Blizz has nerfed Lifebloom in almost every big patch since the late months of tbc (givin the mana regen/bigger bloom per application evend out somewhat). Just a matter of time before they destroy the spell completely.

the nerf was justified.

with zero resilience i can run around kitting people in BGs and nobody can touch me.

Lifebloom will always be useful in some way, and this nerf does nothing to change it's current role as a heal. Get over it, and look at what has been done from something other than your greedy me me me mindset.

Bgs are much different than arena, any tool druid can run around in a bg and not die to scrubs. run around in arena and see how that works out for you. You will be stunned silenced cc'd over and over, unlike in the bg where scrubs just beat on u without interrupts/stuns/cc. Its 2 completely different worlds.