Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Priest, help with deciding race.

I've been on a break a few months now from WoW and decided to start up again with a few friends on a new server as alliance, but i cant really decide wich race to go as priest.

I used to pve alot but will most likely focus on arena again.

Are dwarfs still the best with their poison removal and such?

Was thinking about going human for the free pvp trinket leaving 2 slots free for other trinkets, sounds quite good to me along with the boost in reputation gains.

What about Night elves, is the new shadowmeld any good?

Re: New Priest, help with deciding race.

Heh, you already named those three classes -> Human, Nightelf or Dwarf.
    Most ppl, who decide to reroll/create a toon, choose Human, because of the free PvP Trinket and yeah.. besides the fact, that you also want to do some PvE.. the reputation gain as Human is just incredible.

I'd go for Human!
    Because Blizz changed the Stoneform from Dwarfs; it isnt removing Bleeding Effects anymore.

I've chosen Draenei long time ago, because of their inmobilize Spell and Hymn of Hope.. well, now Draenei is just .. blerg :|
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

I would choose human aswel. Humans have a free pvp trinket which comes in handy in both pvp and pve. They have an increase in spirit which is always nice to have and next to that they have increased rep gain aswell.

Pick whatever you like best.

Nothing boosts your performance more than actually liking your toon...

(imho this explains why all night elf priests suck per definition!)

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar

lol idd <.<

I am human priest myself!
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar

So 1+1=3?
    And spirit is everything for disc priests.
    Or "Fade reduces your threat permanently right?"
    And "Oh, I was supposed to heal? But I have 1200 DPS!"

Something like that? I think you're being a racist! Boo! All NE priests join in!

BOO!

FYI, last I heard stoneform was nerfed so you're no longer immune for a period of time, it just takes everything off once and everything can immediately be reapplied. This makes human head and shoulders above (assuming you're going to pvp).

Draenei
    -1% hit for Party, good for Others and your own offensive spells inc mana burn.
    -Gift of the Naruu, not the greatest Hot, but can help to stay outside 5 sec rule, every little bit helps.

Human
    -3% Spirit
    -Trinket, worth 50-70spell power.

Dwarf
    -Frost avoidance, can be helpful against DK and Mage
    -Stoneform is okay, Less melee bait.

Night Elf.
    -Nature Avoidance, less rouge bait.
    -1% Dodge, less melee bait
    -Shadowmeld, great for getting out of combat.

I think every Race has some Decent use.
    Human/Night Elf
    Dwarf
    Draenei

Is my order.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    So 1+1=3?
    And spirit is everything for disc priests.
    Or "Fade reduces your threat permanently right?"
    And "Oh, I was supposed to heal? But I have 1200 DPS!"

Something like that? I think you're being a racist! Boo! All NE priests join in!

BOO!
    NE FTW. Shadowmeld has saved me 1000 lives

Female Draenei, because they look hawt.

Much as I do not like the alliance, I'd have to say if I made a priest it would be a human even if they are butt ugly. The increased spirit, free trinket and rep gain is invaluable.

Aside from getting the 1% free hit as a squid or shadowmeld as a purple monkey, I don't really see the benefits of the other races. For any caster (mage, lock or priest), I'd go human hands down.

Human racial is not important in pvp well you gonna need the trinket it self cuz it has 90Res-Crit-hit-ap-sp..etc i myself choose (N elf ) if your gonna pvp and lvl fast its like a 2nd chance that leaves combat and save you and 2nd i like it in BG>> When your on Eye of the storm - Arathi basin you could Shadowmeld near flag and when 2 ppl come it can be easy since you Mind control the first and jump from cliff then nuke the other simple , and they look awesome thought and my 2nd will be human ( Stealth detecte + increase spirit + increase rep ) Good luck choosing

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Female Draenei, because they look hawt.
    Nezoia, you have a rediculus ammount of posts, you have even more then Boubuille or how ever you spell that lol. just thought i would point that out.... carry on.

Only 2000 more

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Only 2000 more
    probably time to change the avatar icon from a NE to a Troll then lol.

OT: for alliance the trend seems to be go to the OP pvp race with humans. Personally since I play horde and don't pvp I love the BE racial as a healer, in some fights its like having 3-4 free mana pots.

Troll

Having a mini-bloodlust is pure win.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted

I've picked a human priest myself. The "pvp" trinket racial isn't just use full in pvp.
    I'm currently only level 73 but I cant count the times it saved the group from a wipe in UK when I got put in a iceblock at the second boss (I think it was second :P) and was able to "trinket" my way out of it so I could continue healing.

And blizzard likes to make rep griding mandatory, If your not inscription then you need the shoulders enchants from Hodir. Might as well make it easier for yourself.

But at the end of the day its completely up to you. You are the one that has to look at its animations for hours and hours so you might as well pick something you can actually tolerate.

Go gnome.. it kicks ass.

Nothing like a little gnome ignorantly believing in the light, then losing his mind to the darkness and going insane trying to remove everything that ever was from existance

Care about the racial of a class. Picked myself a female dwarf because i like the way they look( allthough alot will disagree), and is also unique because u dont see them as offen as human and NE. racial is good, but not that importent imo

Pick the race you like the look of and casting animations of. If you are sick of the sight of your character and end up not wanting to play it, an extra 5% bonus damage to beasts or 2% shadow resistance is really is not going to sway your decision.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.