Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: bout damn time for some nice lookin tier!

Who the hell cares if our tier Gear looks similar? The gear is made to be rewarded to Champions of the place, most likely made by the same person (thinking in game).

Besides, if it looks nice, it's better than T8. If you really are afraid that you'll look like someone else and hate that, then... don't wear it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    In all honesty, it looks more like PvP gear. Look at S5 Paladin Gear. Then look at S6 Paladin gear. They get a bit added each time, and to me, the "wings" look like the part that got added for S7.

It wouldn't actually surprise me if this was the first step in bringing back battlegrounds and the "Horde vs Alliance" feeling.
    It's sort of a PVP area, probably why it's like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Recolored priest T8 shoulders wow thats amazing...

Deleted

Alright, this shit just keeps suprising me even tho it sure as hell shouldn't.

t2.5, shared models, just recoloured.

Sunwell armor, same deal as the above.

Now I ask you, what's bad about it? What's even remotly suprising about this? It's a good way to fit the lore into it while putting valuable devlopment hours into other parts of the game.

I personally like it, but if you're one of those who think this is a lazy move and that WoW is dead becuse of it (Seriously?), then go ahead and quit, becuse this like the ever reoccuring 'leveling the playing field', will keep happening. And, if you wonder what I mean by leveling the playing field, I'm talking about the badge changes.

Armor looks nice, regardless of how close you look to others it looks nice, period.

This topic is now About Kologarn's Shining Finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Deleted

i am trying to find out why you say it looks great.

Pally - meh.. better then t7
    DK - WTF?
    Warrior - WTF?

this is probably the worst set after fucking sunwell

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Armor looks nice, regardless of how close you look to others it looks nice, period.

This topic is now About Kologarn's Shining Finger.
    rofl nice picture.

if that is the t9 plate that is bumd, and lazy, as hell.

Everyone gets the EXACT same armor, but different colors!
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I think they look like those transformers actionfigures I had as a child, kinda like the ones that could morph into a plane, but meh, maybe just me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    if that is the t9 plate that is bumd, and lazy, as hell.

Everyone gets the EXACT same armor, but different colors!
    YES, can you belive it?

Who could've seen it coming! If only this had happend before so we could've had some sort of experience to help us get trough this crisis!

Jesus, pay attention and observe what the shit happens and you'll realise you'll enjoy the game more becuse you don't get all torn up when you KEEP BEING SUPRISED BY THINGS THAT HAVE ALREADY HAPPEND.

Oh bytheway, in 4.2 or 4.3, blizzard will level the playing field by making the previously hard earned epics easy to obtain, and in <some random dungeon> we'll share models, remeber it, 'cuse it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    I dont get this post..... all the gear is recycled between classes... go figure.. this game is dead

yeppie we design one model, give it to 3 classes, change the color per class, and they'll never notice... please
    a bit like the AQ skins in vanilla and what was wrong with the t.8 looks`? really think they are neat
    Common fraise to the Paladin: Dude isnt that a dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Ra
    ... and what was wrong with the t.8 looks`? really think they are neat
    Im sorry but no, I do not enjoy having a piece of driftwood stapled to my forehead and calling it a "helm"

I like it. It isn't just a recolor its a retexture.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus
    Recolored priest T8 shoulders wow thats amazing...
    and no again, the shoulders are not even close. If you look at them they are made of three blade looking thingies....and they arent cloth

This is not T9 gear. It's on par with ZG/AQ and ZA. It's gear in between the Tier gear. T9 will come with Icecrown. 3 Tier's per expansion, we're not getting our final Wrath Tier so soon.

Edit:
    Oh and...this armor looks good, quit crying. To the paladin a few posts up crying about his helm, Petition blizzard to give that set to us shamans who would look a thousand times better in it.

First of all, it's not even necessary it is tier 9 armor, but it does have the feel for it cause of each armor type shares the same skin. If you played from vanilla till now you would have noticed tier 2.5 (Ahn'Qiraj) shared the same models for each armor type. This was also repeated with tier 6.5 (Sunwell).

Paladins have a nice looking tier? Heh. The reason for that is because you (should by Blizzards designs) wear plate as your equipment, but you are not alone with that. Warriors aswell as now Death Knights wear plate. The armor had to be designed nicely for them aswell. Think about it this way (not neccesarily correct, but it can be, it could of course be the Paladin armor that was made at first and the others after). They first designed armor for Warriors and deemed it to be acceptable for Death Knights and Paladins. They modified it for each class specifically so they aren't exactly the same. IN THE END YOU ARE WEARING WARRIOR ARMOR, NOT PALADIN.

About the people that say they're all the same. Like many have said it before and I'll say it again LOOK CLOSER. Compare Warrior/Paladin armor with the Death Knight's. If you can't see the difference please visit an eye doctor, he should help you. If you can see it, then try to find the difference between Warrior's armor and Paladin's armor. I assure you and you can trust me on this one like you trusted me on the previous one, that there is a difference. If you can't find it don't worry, just trust me there is one since there is one.

And to the guy that said tiers are finally coming out in full sets. No, they're not. They're gonna stay 5 set since this doesn't restrict the player to actually acquire the whole 8/9 pieces as they "are" best in slot for the random class. The off-set pieces are coming along as they did before. As they came for tier 4-6, so they did came for tiers 7 and 8, so they will also come for tier 9.

And about it being an arena set, it's highly possible. They said they are going to make 2 diferent armor sets for arena in WotLK, 2 for each season while they will keep some differences between them. As in, season 5 had it's original armor and season 6 has season 5 with some added affects. Season 7 will have an entirely new design and season 8 will have season 7 armor with a few added effects.

The shoulders aren't a recolored version of a Priest's tier 8 shoulders.

The gear from 3.2 will be tier gear and not off-set pieces since the tier 9 set effects can be clearly seen, unless they were made for another patch (3.3) but I highly doubt, especially after what they did with Sunwell. Do you know why tier 6 has 8 pieces? Because 3 pieces were added in patch 2.4 (Sunwell) because they thought players wont do Sunwell because the set effects are more valuable than the gear that droped from Sunwell, that's why they added 3 more pieces to tier 6 and why 3 pieces drop in Sunwell and not in Black Temple or Mount Hyjal.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhabin
    This is not T9 gear. It's on par with ZG/AQ and ZA. It's gear in between the Tier gear. T9 will come with Icecrown. 3 Tier's per expansion, we're not getting our final Wrath Tier so soon.

Edit:
    Oh and...this armor looks good, quit crying. To the paladin a few posts up crying about his helm, Petition blizzard to give that set to us shamans who would look a thousand times better in it.
    Arguing over whether it's "TX" is retarded. Who cares? The ilvl is what you should judge it on. And I agree with the people asking why everyone's so surprised.

T1 (MC) - Unique
    T2 (BWL) - Unique
    T"2.5" (AQ) - Shared by armor type
    T3 (Naxx) - Unique

T4 (Kara) - Unique
    T5 (SSC/TK) - Unique
    T6 (BT) - Unique
    T"6.5" (SW) - Shared by armor type

T7 (Naxx) - Recolored T3
    T8 (Ulduar) - Unique
    T"9" (Coliseum) - Shared by armor type

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaenis
    Arguing over whether it's "TX" is retarded. Who cares? The ilvl is what you should judge it on. And I agree with the people asking why everyone's so surprised.

T1 (MC) - Unique
    T2 (BWL) - Unique
    T"2.5" (AQ) - Shared by armor type
    T3 (Naxx) - Unique

T4 (Kara) - Unique
    T5 (SSC/TK) - Unique
    T6 (BT) - Unique
    T"6.5" (SW) - Shared by armor type

T7 (Naxx) - Recolored T3
    T8 (Ulduar) - Unique
    T"9" (Coliseum) - Shared by armor type
    Personally, I've always called it "T2.5", "T6.5" etc becuse when released, those weren't entire tiers of gear, yet you needed to make a diffrence between the previous tier, the current tier, and the future tier. T2.5 was 5 pieces, whilethe 'real' tier were 8piece sets, and t6.5 were 3 pieces.

Just giving my view on it. It's simply half a set of new tier armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaenis
    Hardly arguing as I only read a couple of posts, just clarifying for the ignorant. Why does ilvl come into play? We all know its going to be better gear than whats out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thilath
    Has anyone else noticed all of the T9 set peices are basically called the same thing, the only difference being the name of a famous person from that class.
    Perhaps, the sets will share the same models but will all have different skins that reflect the class like we've seen. For example:
    The Paladin's chest is Turalyons breastplate of triumph and the Deathknight's chest is Thassarian's breatplate of Triumph.

They are both the SAME breatplate of Triumph, but the Paladin's is Turaylons and the Deathknights is Thassarian's (hence the different skins)
    Wrong! They're not the same! The stats are different!...

Liadrins Legplates of Triumph (Paladin Heroic Heroic... yeah)
    Koltiras Legplates of Triumph (Death Knight Heroic Heroic... aight?)

...another thing for the records.

Kel'Thuzad's Shoulderpads of Triumph - Gul'dan's Shoulderpads of Triumph

Now what's THIS?! :O Could it be? The Alliance lock-set could be... Kel'Thuzad and the Horde... Gul'dan? Or the other way around! NO WAI! No. Wai. !.

GUESS IT BE THE TRUTH BOYS AND GIRLS! So don't let all the different names confuse you... that is, until we've seen the confirmed loot! ;D
    The Kilt is a Scotsmans friend! Looks good, tells people who ye are before speakin' to them and handy for joe-blobbs too!

What bothers me here is the sell price of the legs. Could it be that one are more worth than the other? As in item budget.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.