The "Buffed" DPS Warrior Trees (Arms & Fury)

The current trees and talents for Arms and Fury are not very well designed. Many talent points are spent into fillers and flat out wasted. I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable and experienced as a DPS warrior. And thus I revised this tree. I covered a lot of the changes that we Warriors have cried out for in very simple talent changes.

http://war-tools.com/t63969.html

Nothing over the top and nothing that puts us ahead of pure DPS classes, merely a lot closer.

ARMS:
    - Improved Heroic Strike now 5 Pt talent, reduces rage cost by 1/2/3/4/5.
    - Weapon Mastery to Arms tier 2.
    - Tactical Mastery now retains 12/24/36 rage.
    - Improved Execute moved to Arms tier 6 and reduces rage cost by 5/10 up from 2/5.
    - Second Wind now recovers 10/20% health over 5 seconds. (Old 5/10% health over 10 seconds)
    - Mortal Strike bonus damage from 85 to 135 and rage cost down to 20 from 30.
    - Improved Mortal Strike now increases damage by 5/10/15% up from 3/6/10%.
    - Sword Specialization now gives 3/6/9/12/15% up from 1/2/3/4/5% to extra attack, cool down reduced to 5 seconds down from 6 seconds..
    - Improved Hamstring now has a 10/20/30% chance to proc it's effects.

FURY:
    - Booming Voice now 1 Pt talent.
    - Commanding Presence now 1 Pt talent and moved to Fury tier 1.
    - Unbridled Wrath has been removed.
    - Intensify Rage moved to Fury tier 2.
    - Blood Craze now a 1 pt talent.
    - Improved Cleave now grants 50/100/150% bonus damage up from 40/80/120%.
    - Dual Wield Specialization also offers on Offhand misses to gain 2/4/6/8/10 rage.
    - Enrage now procs by 10/20/30/40/50% on Bloodthirst critical strikes.
    - Death Wish damage taken penalty has been removed.
    - Flurry now grants it's effects to the next 6 swings up from 3.
    - Bloodsurge now has a 8/16/24% chance to activate up from 7/14/20%.
    - Titan's Grip now only reduces physical damage done by your "Special Attacks" by 10%.

Perhaps the Enrage uptime combined with the new TG might be too much of a DPS buff, but on non gimick fights were we don't have rage coming in from raid damage, our DPS is really bad.
    Living tissue over metal endoskeleton.

Re: The Perfect DPS Warrior Trees (Arms & Fury)

I'd like to see a change where my 5 points i just spent in unending fury is completely negated when i spend the last 1 point in Titan's Grip.

I'm not saying to take Titan's Grip penalty off, just buff unending fury or something or change it.
    80 Fury Warrior

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Spqr

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

im a warrior myself and this tree ur sketshing is bullcrap. it would be far suppirior to any class. lower the whirlwind cooldown to 8 sec, turn blood craze into 3/6/9 and give battle stance 3% crit and berserker stance 10% armor pen (a switch, not both on both). those minor changed would be plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    im a warrior myself and this tree ur sketshing is bullcrap. it would be far suppirior to any class. lower the whirlwind cooldown to 8 sec, turn blood craze into 3/6/9 and give battle stance 3% crit and berserker stance 10% armor pen (a switch, not both on both). those minor changed would be plenty.
    Are you retarded? Have you heard of the Glyph of Whirlwind?
    Exactly what kind of warrior are yourself?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    Are you retarded? Have you heard of the Glyph of Whirlwind?
    Exactly what kind of warrior are yourself?
    He may be retarded, but so are you for calling your trees 'perfect', considering they give what the warrior community wants, and doing what 'we' want is a seriously bad thing for the class.

Sure, a set few have solid ideas but the vast majority want shieldwall without shield, laststand as a baseline ability, and every good talent moved up so you can obtain it with 1-10 points spent in the tree, just so their favorite spec can get all the goodies. Noticed it was done here, aswell.

Oh, and fury changes would make fury DPS overpowered again. The only problem with fury warriors right now is that they need gear to achieve good DPS, but your changes affect the geared ones aswell, making them overpowered.

Get out, and let the door slam you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    He may be retarded, but so are you for calling your trees 'perfect', considering they give what the warrior community wants, and doing what 'we' want is a seriously bad thing for the class.

Sure, a set few have solid ideas but the vast majority want shieldwall without shield, laststand as a baseline ability, and every good talent moved up so you can obtain it with 1-10 points spent in the tree, just so their favorite spec can get all the goodies. Noticed it was done here, aswell.

Oh, and fury changes would make fury DPS overpowered again. The only problem with fury warriors right now is that they need gear to achieve good DPS, but your changes affect the geared ones aswell, making them overpowered.

Get out, and let the door slam you in the face.
    The only DPS buff I gave Fury was 10% more white dmg, higher uptime on enrage and more steady rage gen if you come to a series of misses.

Should you be a good raiding warrior in a good guild you know these buffs would still not put you over Rogue or Feral druids. And none of my changes promote more scaling with items.

And please quote where you believe I hinted that my trees are perfect. And there is no way to make changes that does not effect the better geared players. Your criticisms are totally void.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

glyph of whirlwind + the change i suggested = good AoE damage and slightly upped boss damage. its still not that good compared to fan of knives. if ur rly that much of a hater for such 'low' CD's on abilities then give a change to the glyph aswell, 20% damage or 5% crit chance.

glyph of whirlwind + the change i suggested = good AoE damage and slightly upped boss damage. its still not that good compared to fan of knives. if ur rly that much of a hater for such 'low' CD's on abilities then give a change to the glyph aswell, 20% damage or 5% crit chance.
    The rotation would be destroyed if Whirlwind had any shorter of a cool down. Where would you use your Slam procs?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

whenever bloodthrist or WW is on cooldown, just like before. but like i said, if you really hate modifying your rotation, read my other suggestion and change the glyph aswell.

Deleted

The only DPS buff I gave Fury was 10% more white dmg, higher uptime on enrage and more steady rage gen if you come to a series of misses.

Should you be a good raiding warrior in a good guild you know these buffs would still not put you over Rogue or Feral druids. And none of my changes promote more scaling with items.

And please quote where you believe I hinted that my trees are perfect.
    The only DPS buff you gave fury? 'Aight.

You shaved off 4 talent points, for one.

You gave fury warriors an enrage with an actual endgame PvE uptime, which it doesn't have right now. It's gonna have quite a high uptime due to 40-50% chance to crit on bloodthrist, before the 10% added from t8 4part bonus.

Flurry - Not a big impact but it's a buff, no mather how you see it.

Dualwield - Improved, altho not a bad one, as it would help with the rage issues new fury warriors are experiencing.

Bloodsurge, obvious how you buffed it.

Improved berserking stance: It was changed in the first place to make plate more attractive for fury warriors.

Titans grip, yea sure, decent buff, not too much not too little, but still not adressing the issues fury have.

Oh, and also you moved Weapon mastery lower in arms so they can shave off 8 expertise and put those stats into something else.

It's a MASSIVE overbuff for fury, a spec that already outshines arms at high enough gearlevels. Adress the issue with fury sucking at early gear levels rather than overbuffing it due to cluelessness with the endgame.

Oh, and check your topic title, that's where you called it perfect.

Re: The "Buffed" DPS Warrior Trees (Arms & Fury)

Ah, my mistake on the title. I apologize.

Now with these Fury buffs taken in consideration. Don't compare it to Arms tho, would you say that Fury can surpass Rogues? I firmly believe that Fury still would not surpass Rogues with these buffs.

The Bloodsurge buff is very minor, I only changed it to attempt minimize the times where it does not proc for a long time, I really don't know how to normalize it's proc rate and not have it so sporadic.

Flurry will help a lot on lesser geared warriors since they have less crit, they will be a lot less crit reliant as will Dual Wield. The only real big buffs are Enrage and the white damage from TG.

Deleted

Ah, my mistake on the title. I apologize.

Now with these Fury buffs taken in consideration. Don't compare it to Arms tho, would you say that Fury can surpass Rogues? I firmly believe that Fury still would not surpass Rogues with these buffs.

The Bloodsurge buff is very minor, I only changed it to attempt minimize the times where it does not proc for a long time, I really don't know how to normalize it's proc rate and not have it so sporadic.

Flurry will help a lot on lesser geared warriors since they have less crit, they will be a lot less crit reliant as will Dual Wield. The only real big buffs are Enrage and the white damage from TG.
    Fury would recieve a total damage buff of about 10-15%, it would push it over the top of any other hybrids, which people don't want, even warriors.

The bloodsurge buff is minor, that's true, but it's still a viable talent right now.

I think best way to normalize it would be to give it a 50-60% procchance but with a 5-6seconds cooldown, perhaps even a 100% chance, but I imagine that Blizzard doesn't want that as they removed the bloodthrist thing.

And yes, the flurry thing is the biggest boost for the low geared warriors, but it would still benefit better geared fury warriors, even if it wouldn't be by much.

'The only' buffs, tsk, it's more than we'll ever get, becuse it's quite frankly too much.

idiot
    NO LOOT FOR YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    Fury would recieve a total damage buff of about 10-15%, it would push it over the top of any other hybrids, which people don't want, even warriors.

The bloodsurge buff is minor, that's true, but it's still a viable talent right now.

I think best way to normalize it would be to give it a 50-60% procchance but with a 5-6seconds cooldown, perhaps even a 100% chance, but I imagine that Blizzard doesn't want that as they removed the bloodthrist thing.

And yes, the flurry thing is the biggest boost for the low geared warriors, but it would still benefit better geared fury warriors, even if it wouldn't be by much.

'The only' buffs, tsk, it's more than we'll ever get, becuse it's quite frankly too much.
    Let's see now, since TG no longer debuffs white dmg... Usually my white dmg is about 35% of my DPS. So 10% more of 35%, that's lets say 3.5% buff, then enrage which will probably have an uptime of 50-60% depending on if it refreshes of not, and lets give say 2% from the random buffs here and there. So it's at least a solid 10% buff. Pretty much what would occur if the TG nerf was removed.

Now back in Naxx Fury warriors dominated. But now Rogues, Feral and many other classes have gotten MAJOR buffs. How much more DPS would a Fury warrior today do if he did 10% more dps. I do on no gimmick single target let's say Ignis. I do a weekly avg of 6500 dps on him. The Rogue and feral does about 7500. I would do 7200-7300 with a pure 10% buff. Still below Rogues by a solid few hundred and maybe a bit higher than other hybrids but, warriors are the least hybrid of hydrids, and cmon warriors are the face of melee.