Pitbull 3.0 doesnt work on PTR

Pitbull 3.0 doesnt work on PTR (tested tonight), I hope the author will fix it, because 4.0 isnt ready yet.

Re: Pitbull 3.0 doesnt work on PTR

... It's the PTR.

What about 4.0 isn't ready? It's more stable, faster, and lighter than 3.0...

For a temporary fix, do the following:

Navigate to Interface/AddOns/PitBull/libs/LibRockConfig-1.0/ and open up LibRockConfig-1.0.lua with your favorite text editor. Navigate to line 7680, and place two hyphens "--" at the beginning of the line for both this and the very next line (number 7681). Basically make this:

ScriptErrors:SetFrameStrata("FULLSCREEN_DIALOG")
    ScriptErrorsButton:SetFrameStrata("FULLSCREEN_DIALOG")

Look like:

--ScriptErrors:SetFrameStrata("FULLSCREEN_DIALOG")
    --ScriptErrorsButton:SetFrameStrata("FULLSCREEN_DIALOG")

Save the file and reload your UI. Enjoy. Or just upgrade to PitBull 4, which uses Ace3 as opposed to the very outdated Rock framework. I also have fixes for many other popular addons, including Grid, available upon request.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

The authors of Pitbull3 have said they're not really going to work on it much. They MIGHT fix this error, or they might not.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    What about 4.0 isn't ready? It's more stable, faster, and lighter than 3.0...

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nitFrames.html

15+ Year Old Account

Because then we'd have to learn to get pitbull4 the way we had Pitbull3 all over again, won't we? I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Considering I don't even get a single core past 40%, I don't think CPU means, well, anything to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    For a temporary fix, do the following:

Navigate to Interface/AddOns/PitBull/libs/LibRockConfig-1.0/ and open up LibRockConfig-1.0.lua with your favorite text editor. Navigate to line 7680, and place two hyphens "--" at the beginning of the line for both this and the very next line (number 7681). Basically make this:

ScriptErrors:SetFrameStrata("FULLSCREEN_DIALOG")
    ScriptErrorsButton:SetFrameStrata("FULLSCREEN_DIALOG")

Look like:

--ScriptErrors:SetFrameStrata("FULLSCREEN_DIALOG")
    --ScriptErrorsButton:SetFrameStrata("FULLSCREEN_DIALOG")

Save the file and reload your UI. Enjoy. Or just upgrade to PitBull 4, which uses Ace3 as opposed to the very outdated Rock framework. I also have fixes for many other popular addons, including Grid, available upon request.
    That fix doesn't seem to work for me. I can't even do /pitbull to get the config to come up. I hope we don't have to update. I'm using a compilation that is not something I can just configure easy in Pitbull 4 =\

Found out the problem is with LibRock, fix here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...15572248&sid=1