Thread: Fury v.s Arms

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fury v.s Arms

I have switched so many times between the two its starting to really piss me off. I want to know which one is more damage. Take in account though that currently i only have the second best in slot chest, t7 gloves, and some other heroics from blacksmiths or heroics. I also am above hit cap and at the exp cap.
    What would be better for me? I have tried both in naxx 10 man and fury in 25 man.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Fury v.s Arms

crap gear = arms
    decent gear = fury
    good gear = arms
    best gear = fury
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Well, gear, play style, and raid comp helps decide this a bit.

From what you have stated it would be a bit hard for anyone to say.

In all honesty if you have the gear for one or the other they both perform about the same. Until you have full BiS gear you probably wouldn't notice much of a difference.

Play what makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    crap gear = arms
    decent gear = fury
    good gear = arms
    best gear = fury
    nothing can scale like this. nothing.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

With your gear I would say go arms.
    Fury scales considerably better then arms and is therefore preferable once you reach a high gear level (ulduar 25+). Before that its better to go arms. Besides your personal dps you should also consider which buffs/debuffs your raid needs and which boss youre fighting. Some fights are better for fury (Kologarn) some are better for arms (Vezax).

I usually switch between the two, but coming from a Fury background, I find that I do more DPS as Fury simply because I know how to do it a lot better (rotation, when to use cooldowns, timing procs, etc). My advice to a lot of warriors is just do what you enjoy more, DPS doesn't matter to an extent in a lot of situations, so I wouldn't really worry about what numbers you're pumping out.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    crap gear = arms
    decent gear = fury
    good gear = arms
    best gear = fury
    Woops i meant:
    crap gear = fury
    decent gear = arms
    good gear = arms
    best gear = fury

Fury's scaling *scales*
    Arms is sort of stable, with a more linear increase.

Sort of like this (it's not accurate!):

Fury starts with 10, but gains +1, +2, +4, +8, +16 = 41 in the end
    Arms starts with 5, but gains +3, +5, +7, +9, +11 =40 in the end

I made a graph:

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

i lol'd at the graph

@OP:
    6500+ raid buffed ap is where you will see fury start to pump the meters(esp if you have a mangle kitty or an arms warr)
    no idea what your gear is like but it would also depend on your sockets, what your gear is heavy on and what your gear lacks
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Anyone heared about dualspec???
    Its pretty obvious. If u dont have bis for either fury or arms its pretty easy to get armsgear witch works for both speccs as the hit and exp in arms is enough for fury.
    If its a mobile fight fury is way better as they dont have to stand still to use slam. Arms drops alot in dps on mobile fights as they have 0.5 sec castingtime on slam. On fights with much aoe all the time like on Thorims arena fight fury is better.
    When u have fights like Babybot Arms is outstanding before fury BiS. On fights like Razorscale Arms works very good on the adds with their Bladestorm as the CD is off when next spawns, though its mobile in phase two while RS is kited fury is better.
    This is my personal oppinion and it might not be right for you or anyone else. But this is why we got dualspec.
    If u want to best in dps u dont spec fury/prot orsomething else then pve-dps specs. I also have to say that if we dont got anyone else going fury thats my jobb as we need the buffing for the rest of melee in the raid but normally we have.

If you switched multiple time between fury/arms and you still don't know which one is better for try playing one you're most comfortable with.

Also if you "feel" one rotation (or prio list, have to mention this before some smartass does it:P) better than it will be an obvious choice cause you can focus more on the things happening around you making you better asset to your raid group.

Also, it depends on buffs you can give.
    +5% crit to melee and CS/BS vs. +4% more physical dmg. and increased bleed.
    Depends on your raid group.

But at the end of the day...
    it's a game
    it's supposed to be fun
    what spec do you like more?

So do we have general breakdown of which fights are best for Fury or Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    i lol'd at the graph

@OP:
    6500+ raid buffed ap is where you will see fury start to pump the meters(esp if you have a mangle kitty or an arms warr)
    no idea what your gear is like but it would also depend on your sockets, what your gear is heavy on and what your gear lacks
    i have 4.7k ap unbuffed as fury o.0 and i still do more damage with arms. and yes i know the rotation for fury;P

10+ Year Old Account

I'd put more faith into arms currently. Fury is slacking, and the damage tax on TG only gets heftier as your gear improves. Arms will always be able to pull more consistent dps, and personally, I'd rather rely on a constant 5.5k dps over 6.5k spikes with 4.5k baselines.

That's just me though. I enjoy reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Renjarus
    Also, it depends on buffs you can give.
    +5% crit to melee and CS/BS vs. +4% more physical dmg. and increased bleed.
    Depends on your raid group.
    This is pretty much it in a nut shell if you really want to do the best. Because the best spec is a spec that can provide a buff you don't currently have to help increase overall raid damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Renjarus
    But at the end of the day...
    it's a game
    it's supposed to be fun
    what spec do you like more?
    But I am sure with this post, just like many other posts like this, you are just looking for somone to tell you what the best dps spec is and follow it blindly. So since you don't have a problem switching between spec's go with whatever spec will give a buff you don't have in the raid usually.
    110 Troll Shadow Priest - Gorefiend
    110 Tauren Warrior - Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Donik
    This is pretty much it in a nut shell if you really want to do the best. Because the best spec is a spec that can provide a buff you don't currently have to help increase overall raid damage.
    I pull more consistent damage as fury due to having more experience with it. But at the end of the day, we only have a feral for half our raids, so Rampage > Trauma+Blood Frenzy. Not like our 2 rogues and myself desperately need a bleed debuff compared to all of us plus hunters and tanks needing crit.

Still, its true whats been said, play the one you enjoy most.

Really right now in it's current state Arms is the best... Fury does get competitve and it should be clearly stated that fury isn't bad.... it's just that overall arms is a bit better in the long run on most bosses.

in summary, it's situational, arms overall will be slightly better for single target and the raid debuff is nice... but play what you're comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxMP
    So do we have general breakdown of which fights are best for Fury or Arms?
    From a Ulduar perspective..

Razorscale: Fury, constant whirlwind (and in my case imp cleave) on the little mobs. Can usually top the meters on this fight.

Ignis: Personally I have gone Fury on this one. We end up chasing ignis a bit on our kills so there isnt enough time for the 0.5slam to keep the constant dps going. Rogues seem to own on this fight though and I have no idea as to why. Depending on raid setup its usually top 5

XT: Arms (there again we are doing hard mode all the time now, if doing normal mode fury may be ok if you have to kill adds off near the boss). Generally, you don't need to move too much on this fight if you are lucky with the light/gravity bombs. Have noticed from my experiences that arms tops the dps for the first 20secs and then plummets down for a bit and then over the course of the remaining time (on hard mode) it slowly creeps back up to within top 5, if not top 3.

Kologarn: Either. I usually go as arms and get up top of the fight but it depends what you are more comfortable with playing. Sweeping Strikes on each cooldown and bladestorm does wonders here (although it does make doing the 'disarmed' achievement a little more awkward sometimes)

Auriaya: Fury. I mainly go fury on this fight to be honest so I have Bez Rage available every 20secs to guarantee a interrupt on her fears. Again, depends on group compo and if you can get the whirlwind cooldown in time to tag the adds she likes to spawn through the fight

Hodir: I have not had any success on this fight as Arms so far so generally stick to Fury for it (plus the buffs you get favour fury more so than arms anyway)

Thorim: No need to say is there? Fury.. Everything in the arena dies so bloomin fast that a bladestorm from arms would be wasted for 5secs of it where as whirlwind can be 'saved' to a point for when mobs are near by - easy to top meters, only competition here from me is DK and Pallie.

Freya: Fury. Phase 2 of the fight would be okish as Arms (but then the bombs are a pain so movement is needed) but generally due to the number of adds in P1 Fury is better (plus I interrupt on stormlasher)

Mimiron: Undecided to be honest. P1 is better arms, P2 Fury, P3 Arms for some fast heavy hits when the head is grounded and P4 is a toss up, sweepstrikes and bladestorm compared to whirlwind/cleave. Opinions on this one?

Vezax: Arms generally. I am usually Fury however as I am interrupting. The one time I was Arms I was top 3 where as Fury its 8-10th (mainly due to reserving rage for pummel)

Yoggie: Prefer the fight as Arms and generally I feel its better for the nukage on the brain in P2 (plus the nice rogue has got into the habit of using TotT on me too )

So thats..

Fury: 5 fights
    Arms: 5 fights (if including Mimi, Vezax, Kolo)

Opinions on Mimiron are appreciated though..

(4/5 T8.25 Rune Edge, Aesirs Edge for Fury and World Carver currently for Arms)

If you can't answer this question it means that your obviously not raiding with your warrior in Ulduar. This is very simple, Fury.

Fury is best because of idiotic mechanics on slam for arms. In Ulduar, and in future raids that are meant to be hard, there is constant need of movement as melee. Slam, is the ONLY in-game ability that a MELEE class has, that requires CHANNELING and requires you to STAND STILL.

Now as arms, you can alternatively, in moving fights, use Heroic Strike instead of Slam whenever you have no procs up and MS is on CD, and you can somewhat drag some DPS home there, but arms remains inferior to fury for all but a few few fights. There are rare fights, such as General Vezax where arms can do decent dps, and may even outshine fury (no aoe damage, so the fury warrior can get in rage trouble). But arms overall is pure absolut shit because of the way slam works.

Blizzard can only fix this with two options;

1) change / remove slam.

2) Give specific deep end Arms buff to heroic strike so that will be the new filler instead of slam.

There is only one situation where a slam warrior is worth anything. And that is in an Ulduar 10 man raid where you can't at all find a combat rogue for the raid. A combat rogue has higher personal DPS and provides the same buff as Blood Frenzy, so you should always take a rogue over a warrior.

Blizzard made arms mechanics stupid because of slam, but we had a niche, we had Blood Frenzy, when that was given to Rogues, our niche dissapeared and the Arms warrior, in PvE, died.

It depends on raid setup, Dont think about only you playing this game and doing raid by your self. If there is no feral druid in raid ,spec for it, if there is one pick the other. And find your best dps cycle for all situations, like trinket pops earlier but you are afraid of getting aggro from boss, then switch to another cycle, then use it. Best dps cycle = needs to be pro and needs clever people to be done. I'm not playing warrior atm,Playing feral druid and doing atleast 6k dps on bosses(over 15k on trashes thanks cat swipe with 5.5k hits)
    To find the best dps , play 1 spec properly without respeccing atleast 2 months (8 lockouts) Then compare yourself with the other warriors who is using opposite spec(do not ignore gearwise dps). Most important = Play what you enjoy, you will do more dps if you enjoy it.( I would probably enjoy 12k overpower hits with grimtol buff.)
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Quote Originally Posted by pomterri
    It depends on raid setup, Dont think about only you playing this game and doing raid by your self. If there is no feral druid in raid ,spec for it, if there is one pick the other. And find your best dps cycle for all situations, like trinket pops earlier but you are afraid of getting aggro from boss, then switch to another cycle, then use it. Best dps cycle = needs to be pro and needs clever people to be done. I'm not playing warrior atm,Playing feral druid and doing atleast 6k dps on bosses(over 15k on trashes thanks cat swipe with 5.5k hits)
    To find the best dps , play 1 spec properly without respeccing atleast 2 months (8 lockouts) Then compare yourself with the other warriors who is using opposite spec(do not ignore gearwise dps). Most important = Play what you enjoy, you will do more dps if you enjoy it.( I would probably enjoy 12k overpower hits with grimtol buff.)
    Nope you'll do more DPS with fury even if you hate it. And in a 25 man raiding scene there is no reason to go arms,