Page 1 of 3
LastLast

@ Exodus' "exploited kill" supporters

Everyone is saying Yogg w/ 0 keeps is mathematically impossible, and that EJ proved it, so can someone show me a link to that math? I've been looking for the math behind it and have come up empty :-[

Re: @ Exodus' "exploited kill" supporters

There has never been anything impossible about it. its just really really rough.
    But thats assuming your having problems with the adds
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

Exactly, just because some retard with an EJ account says a fight is impossible doesn't mean it is. Grats to exodus on their world 1st kill, at least untill someone shows me otherwise.

Subject says exploited.. Where's the drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlover
    Everyone is saying Yogg w/ 0 keeps is mathematically impossible, and that EJ proved it, so can someone show me a link to that math? I've been looking for the math behind it and have come up empty :-[

So EJ "CLAIMS" they are the best, smartest what ever you want to call them when it comes to wow, game mechanics and crap but yet they are ranked 64th in world? and they got the ff achievement 2-3 days ago? do u really think they played with 0keeper yogg enough to really have any say if its possible or not?

elitistjerks forum is not elitistjerks the guild
    landsoul the best warrior when i comes to theorie played with vodka
    a lot a lot of the ensidia and exodus poeple are posting on ej

Quote Originally Posted by Sakib

So EJ "CLAIMS" they are the best, smartest what ever you want to call them when it comes to wow, game mechanics and crap but yet they are ranked 64th in world? and they got the ff achievement 2-3 days ago? do u really think they played with 0keeper yogg enough to really have any say if its possible or not?
    This is almost a new signature. So much fail.

wow is a fucking dice game, you cant do math on it, sometimes it goes easy because the dices roll high, sometimes it goes bad because the dices roll low...

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster2
    Hey, whats so difficult in posting in the other 3 threads with the same theme? I hate this kind of people.

Its NOT only EJ who did this maths, but also 2 top leading world guilds - Method and Ensidia - who did this math. And they both have smart people to do it.
    So where is this math? I couldn't give two shits either way but there is so much talk about this so-called math that proves its impossible I'd just like to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lausten
    wow is a fucking dice game, you cant do math on it, sometimes it goes easy because the dices roll high, sometimes it goes bad because the dices roll low...
    Last I checked you CAN do math with probabilities. I may be wrong though!

And I say that I want to see a proof that they did not. Kill movie would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabada
    Last I checked you CAN do math with probabilities. I may be wrong though!
    Correct sir, I've just completed my grade 12 data management class like 3 weeks ago before our exams. Stat distributions (linear, binomial, geometric, hypergeometric) are all used to determine the probability or "odds" of something occuring if you put the correct data in.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sakib

And only EJ members post on EJ forums, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Getting 25 people to act in together is almost impossible. Do the maths. The odds are staggering.
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

i'd love to see any math link it up of ANYONE ensidia,method, or EJ saying it's currently impossible.....

If you haven't even killed yogg let alone attempted +0 then you really have no business saying weather or not its impossible.

As for math vs. probability; its called THEORYcrafting for a reason. You rest your math on the assumption that everything will average out. In reality things never average out perfectly, sure with enough trials its close enough for the math to make sense. However, if enough guilds tried +0 enough times eventually one of them might get 100% crits due to "luck". Its highly improbably that 100% would occur, but it is possible. What is possible and perhaps plausible is that the "guild no body heard of" just had above average luck. Maybe there was a glitch or unintended exploit.

Just because someone did some theoretical math with the intent to prove that something they failed at is impossible doesn't mean it can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster2
    Hey, whats so difficult in posting in the other 3 threads with the same theme? I hate this kind of people.

Its NOT only EJ who did this maths, but also 2 top leading world guilds - Method and Ensidia - who did this math. And they both have smart people to do it.
    So show me a single link to just ONE of those guilds that shows the math. If you cant do that and say they "did the math", you're a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    i'd love to see any math link it up of ANYONE ensidia,method, or EJ saying it's currently impossible.....
    THIS

Deleted

Don't blame the guild even if it would be true wich i don't believe, it is Blizz fault for leaving exploits in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronism
    I love how, even though we're almost 20 posts into this thread so far, no one has yet to post a link to the math, which is all the OP was asking for.
    Exactly, someone gimme a link! Everyone's talking about all this math! Show me it! Gimme gimme!

Quote Originally Posted by Lausten
    exactly
    lets say 1try the tank got lucky and dodges 100% of the attacks. unlikely , but possible , sisne its a dice trow every attack.
    so where did the impossible go then? you cant calculate possible / impossible on a fight cause 'random' is involved
    every fight is diferend
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Chainz