Thread: Lock alt

Lock alt

Simple question, what spec is best for leveling, thus which spec kills more mobs per some time without needing of drink and this stuff?

Thanks

Re: Lock alt

Affliction i have found to be best leveling spec. You gain hit points from damage from dots.

Basically you put all your dots on multiple mobs, run around while your voidwalker/ succubus hits the mobs you are kiting, if the mobs hit you just get away for about 2 seonds and you have regained most of the damage you took from the healing of the dots.

In the end its all about what you prefer to do. I like to do the damage myself so aflliction works best. if you like a very strong pet go demonology

affliction basically open with dots and ur pet tanking then spam drain life once u hit full life hit life tap and continue draining rinse and repeat

although once u hit level 50 it is argueably that demo is better because u will never pull aggro off ur felguard in a reg mob before he dies

Resto.

I would advise going Affliction till lvl 71,
    then switch to Siphon Life/Felguard spec.
    Its great for lvling in northrend

Quote Originally Posted by Quazier
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Thanks

Deleted

affliction = using 2, maximum 3 global cooldowns to kill a mob while running
    I always do this:
    send pet, while sending pet, I put up corruption & coa. then start running to the next mob and to the same thing over again til I no longer need the mob. Dark pact if I need mana, I never need health. Preferred pet: felhunter
    there is no downtime whatsoever. Well there is: your downtime is looting those damn mobs. I kid you not, back in tbc when farming Sporeggar rep I asked in /1 if someone wanted to accompany me to loot the corpses for me to reduce downtime(I'm herbalist, needed the motes of life aswell). I kid you not. There was this destro lock+rogue duo who were also farming the same mobs there, they cursed me for my efficiency as they had no mobs left to kill :P

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I borrow this thread for one question,

Im also leveling a new warlock and its my first caster, So I wounder what professions is the best for a warlock that want to increase his stats the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Gitax
    Im also leveling a new warlock and its my first caster, So I wounder what professions is the best for a warlock that want to increase his stats the most?
    All professions are equal after the patch but i would take enchanting/tailoring because then you get 2 professions that increase your dps (gathering profs don't) and you don't need to buy any mats.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    All professions are equal after the patch but i would take enchanting/tailoring because then you get 2 professions that increase your dps (gathering profs don't) and you don't need to buy any mats.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazier
    This.

1) Tailoring/Enchanting means spend as much time as you can killing Humanoids, even at the expense of questing.
    2) Affliction is gear dependant. Once you hit Outland, it will be painful until you've replaced every piece and hit ~300+ spell power. Same goes for northrend. Your best bet is to hit Outland at 58 for the first ~10 quests (weapon, few pieces of armor) for the upgrades, then go back and finish quests in Winterspring/EPL/etc. Same goes for Northrend.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, you can hit 80 without ever going back, but going back serves 3 purposes

1) If you are interested in Loremaster achievement, this lets you do it AND gain xp.
    2) Doing more of the really easy quests (EPL Termites + Winterspring Rune Mining Delivery, for example) means you can skip the annoying ones later on (Tainted Boar Meat, Kaliri Feathers, most of the quests SW of Auchidoun).
    3) Doing these quests nets you xp, which means you hit Northrend at 74 or 75 (after Netherstorm/SMV), which means when you're 80 and just starting Dragonblight, you can average 1500 gold per 50 quests. 100 quests per zone = 1500 x 2 x 6 = 18k, just from questing between raids/wintergrasps.

Maths:
    (13 gold per quest x 50 quests) + (10 gold per quest reward x 25 quests (half of all quests have an item reward)) + Random BOE drops + Cloth + Silver on Mobs + Grey Trash + Mining/Herbing/Skinning = 650 + 250 + ???

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsnake
    Others might take a different approach, obviously. But as someone who's leveled one alt too many, the thought of going back to Azeroth from Outland makes me want to vomit.
    Even if its not for the gold, I enjoy Winterspring/Silithus a lot more than hellfire/zangarmarsh/terrokar.

Color-based environments (red/blue/off-green respectively) should have died with the y2k bug.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Don't take this the wrong way, but why do you have more than one character if you hate it so much?

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

I'd say Don't go Demo in 50, its terribly boring and you have to pay more attention to your pet than as affliction.
    At level ~74 or so I messed around with the specs and tried all but Meta.
    From a personal view I found out I prefered Affliction over SL/FG, both for having less downtime and more dps in dungeons.
    I worked out that I needed to throw three spells to get a mob down, if my Felpuppy wasn't chewing on him.
    When getting low on health I used Haunt + Corr + CoA, If Nightfall (instantcast shadowbolt) procced I used SB + Corr + CoA, and if no proc and much health I used Unstable Affliction.
    Just keep running all the time and kill everything in your way, even if its not a quest-related mob, as long as it's close enough to you, if you pull a bit too much and are near death use Howl of terror and spam Drain Life for a while.
    Should you die, press Yes (use Soulstone) and bring out your revenge!
    This kept me going Forever and I seriously blew through the levels, smooth, fast and fun!

Affli all the way.
    Why Not ^^

and what about at 50 take felguard and then put points to destro....is it good for lvling?