Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Yogg +0 Bug (discusson/test of possibilities)

We have 2 very good theorys here.

One being the Knockback from Yogg causing the mobs to evade. Is this possible? There may also be somewhere you can wall jump up, or something similiar and cause the mobs to evade bug with let's say, healing aggro.

The second theory is leaving a healer in the Brain Room with DI. You will also need something to heal effectively, so let's pick a warlock for that.
    At the upper left corner, there is a spot where the part of the raid outside gain BL when the Portal Team uses it in the Brain Room. This doesn't occur at the other parts of the room from what I've experienced. What if the raid stands there and just taunts the mobs to the spot and then let the left-inside healer get healing aggro by healing the lock? This should cause the mobs to evade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    And the boss won't be able to read your mind and guess what abilities you're gonna use if you plug the controller into another port.
    Yeah and if you push triangle then you can look through the bosses eyes.

to grab attention....

THIS THREAD SEEMS VEWY VEWY FAMILLIAR.....

(sk gaming downs Kil'jaeden)

(the first 24 hours)
    OMGOMGOMG HACKHACKHACK THEY "EXPLOITED" THE FIGHT TAKE IT AWAY TAKE THE WORLD FIRST TITLE AWAY TAKE IS AAAAALLLLLLLL AWAY!!!!!

(the next 48)

THEY ARE DEFENDING THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEIIIIIYYYYY ARRREEEE HHHHAAACKCKCKCKEERS.......

(less than a week later)

Vid is posted

O, were sorry. Gratz on kill

i mean seriously, its not national security.
    its a freakin title sayin that they managed to kill numbers with other numbers and saw a giant mouth do phlat.

and im sorry if i sound trollin but its a world first. move on and you donw him before you argue

you have to manually leave after the brain is dead. they can get the brain down in 2 phases, to about 35%, then have a couple healers go down the next phase with enough dps to do the brain tentacles in 20 seconds still
    Quote from: Jomsy on June 29, 2009, 12:34:00 AM
    Ah, well there ya go.
    I thought there was an automatic boot out of the brain room in the transition between phases 2 and 3.
    But apparently not?

And I'm assuming that since induce madness is a phase 2 skill, if the brain is reduced to 30% and the raiders don't manually exit the brain, don't get kicked, and induce madness isn't finished when phase 3 begins, then they can just sit in there and bait the adds to evade out.
    Then the raiders on the outside have no worries at all besides turning around to avoid gazes?
    I do believe that is the bug being referred to. Also, unfortunately I read through all 30 pages of the previous post, and ds__swoosh I am confident in saying you are an absolute retard. It could be for only the EU vs. US posts, since anyone who does that shit is retarded. But, I don't even need to go there since you made your stupidity painfully obvious when you kept posting about 30 times demanding an explanation for the different dates when there had already been numerous explanations you chose to ignore, as well as a thread I came upon last night solely about the difference in the dates. The 1 word per line double spaced posts didn't help your case either.

Platypus

they should post a combatlog as they always do for every raid until they release the video so we can analyze it to death to proof they exploited

Deleted

A bug apperently is confirmed, and when Boubouille tried to contact Exodus for clarification, they apperently didn't respond.

It's up to Exodus to prove that they didn't exploit it now, as evidence points to that they did. Shouldn't say evidence, but based speculations, rather than loose assumptions which happend earlier.

It's right now logical to suspect an exploit being used, so don't try to tell me I'm an Ensidia fanboy.

Ontopic: If it's indeed true that you can go into Yoggsaron, get the knockback, and somehow evade bug the Immortal Guardians, that sounds quite spot on, as that's the thing that makes phase3 hard.

Quote Originally Posted by zuraghogar
    Cool story, bro. But the 2nd and 3rd Kil'jaeden kills were the very next day, so it appears you're full of shit. Pretty much everyone who has looked at the numbers has determined that 0-keeper Yogg is not possible, there is no similarity to KJ here.
    I was refering to the point that everyone thought SK exploited as well cause no video evidence was provided in less than 1 week so they could see the fight they would never touch during bc. They may dip into sunwell, but never have seen KJ so they jumped to conclusions that SK exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    Innocent until proven guilty. Please give definitive proof that they used an exploit, then they will need to defend themselves. Not before.
    What's with all the retards saying "innocent until proven guilty"? It's the same as trying to cry "freedom of speech" on a forum--not the least bit relevant or applicable.

How about I say I was abducted by aliens last night. You're free to call me a liar, but I'm innocent of lying until proven guilty. Since you can't prove that I'm lying then the rational thing to do is accept that I was abducted by aliens, right?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    Innocent until proven guilty. Please give definitive proof that they used an exploit, then they will need to defend themselves. Not before.
    This isn't a courtroom, use your brain.

Numerous guilds say it's impossible to actually kill it in it's current state.

Exodus kills it.

A rumor about a bug being exploited pops up.

It's nearly confirmed at this point, and developers have been informed.

Still no word from Exodus on the matter.

Yes, I realise it was typed in the annoying way but needed to point it somehow.

My point being: With logical reasoning, it does indeed look like Exodus exploited the encounter. However, it's obviously not 100% confirmed, but evidence points in that direction. They now need to provide us with something that can remove all doubt, or they chose not to.

But, what if they chose not to do anything, a blue post confirms a bug that's been fixed, would you still be sure that they didn't exploit it? In either case, they better do something becuse quite frankly, not even responding when someone comes knocking for clarification is kinda not helping their case.

I suppose I should clear something up real quick. I didn't make this thread to claim that Exodus DID or DID NOT use an exploit, that's another issue entirely (and one that got locked so let's not do that here)

I made this post because at the time of the posting (like 5 hours ago) Ensidia was making claims of some super-secret exploit that "totally exists" and yet we don't know anything about this exploit. But it exists. But we don't know it. But it's known...But we don't know...etc etc.

So on account of this 'Magic Bullet' I figured we might as well explore it, test it and figure out what works what doesn't, etc etc. ;D

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hasslehoff
    I was refering to the point that everyone thought SK exploited as well cause no video evidence was provided in less than 1 week so they could see the fight they would never touch during bc. They may dip into sunwell, but never have seen KJ so they jumped to conclusions that SK exploited.
    I wouldn't consider it a valid comparison, for the reasons you quoted.

He wasn't deemed impossible, and guilds killed him shortly after. Right now many rational minds are taking a more "guilty until proven innocent" (god that phrase and the one I turned is retarded), simply due to it being deemed impossible, and rather based rumors about a bug that can be exploited.

(The part below is not aimed at the person I quoted)

What people did regarding KJ, Twins, and many other encounters, was jumping the gun before thinking, I certainly am not and I don't like Ensidia more than I like Exodus, but try to think in an unbiased manner, fuck the EU versus US 'E-conflict', and fuck your fanboyish nature, and I think you'll realise that Exodus is partially pinned to a wall until they post some form of proof that it was a legit kill.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aleom
    I suppose I should clear something up real quick. I didn't make this thread to claim that Exodus DID or DID NOT use an exploit, that's another issue entirely (and one that got locked so let's not do that here)

I made this post because at the time of the posting (like 5 hours ago) Ensidia was making claims of some super-secret exploit that "totally exists" and yet we don't know anything about this exploit. But it exists. But we don't know it. But it's known...But we don't know...etc etc.

So on account of this 'Magic Bullet' I figured we might as well explore it, test it and figure out what works what doesn't, etc etc. ;D
    Well, that's like discussing terrorists right in society and airplane safety on September the 12th;p (not dissrespecting the events on the 11th, just making an example on how a hot topic tends to plauge anything related to it)

Quote Originally Posted by zuraghogar
    Cool story, bro. But the 2nd and 3rd Kil'jaeden kills were the very next day, so it appears you're full of shit. Pretty much everyone who has looked at the numbers has determined that 0-keeper Yogg is not possible, there is no similarity to KJ here.
    Can anyone link these "numbers"? I think this is at least the 5th or 6th thread that refers to them without linking them.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    Well, that's like discussing terrorists right in society and airplane safety on September the 12th;p (not dissrespecting the events on the 11th, just making an example on how a hot topic tends to plauge anything related to it)
    Fail analogy is fail.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dakso
    Fail analogy is fail.
    It's 5am where I live, I can honestly say that I'm that bothered if I fail or not on a gaming forum, quite alot more concerned about the fact that I'm still awake.

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    I would like to know what Blizzard are actually going to do if it turns out for sure they evaded mobs.

Blizzard dont like to look stupid and this bug will definately make them look stupid.

You see the dilemma Blizzard now has -

1) Play fair, tell Exodus they have been naughty and take the mount and achievements away from Exodus BUT look immensely stupid for allowing the bug to exist

OR

2) Keep quiet, say Exodus made a legit kill and let them keep their achievement and mount BUT have Ensidia maybe release thier video of the bug and countless other guilds and mathmeticians showing how impossible the fight actually is and thus having the top guilds all turn their back on Blizzard.

Pretty big dilemma tbh.

Hurry and make choice Blizz, i wana see what you do
    Is this a serious post? You seriously think that if Exodus did in fact use an exploit, Blizzard would deny it to look less stupid??? And that no one would figure out what they did (even though 2 other guilds claim to know the exploit)?

I'm amazed at the extreme some of you are taking this. Just goes to show you where you people rank in the real world. This is a game people. It has no affect on your life, or does it? If this bothers you that much than apparently it is affecting your life. How friggin sad is that.

Some of you are acting likes it's a matter of national security. Let it go already. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    I would like to know what Blizzard are actually going to do if it turns out for sure they evaded mobs.

Blizzard dont like to look stupid and this bug will definately make them look stupid.

You see the dilemma Blizzard now has -

1) Play fair, tell Exodus they have been naughty and take the mount and achievements away from Exodus BUT look immensely stupid for allowing the bug to exist

OR

2) Keep quiet, say Exodus made a legit kill and let them keep their achievement and mount BUT have Ensidia maybe release thier video of the bug and countless other guilds and mathmeticians showing how impossible the fight actually is and thus having the top guilds all turn their back on Blizzard.

Pretty big dilemma tbh.

Hurry and make choice Blizz, i wana see what you do
    Blizz is stupid for allowing a bug to exist?  Rethink the situation boss.

If the bug is indeed the one being referred to in this thread, then it is not an obvious bug by any stretch of the imagination, and taking this long to be used is obvious to that fact.

Blizz will not look stupid in any way if they confirm the bug.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Stonepony
    I'm amazed at the extreme some of you are taking this. Just goes to show you where you people rank in the real world. This is a game people. It has no affect on your life, or does it? If this bothers you that much than apparently it is affecting your life. How friggin sad is that.

Some of you are acting likes it's a matter of national security. Let it go already. Jesus Christ.
    And you're someone who logs onto a gaming forum to judge people.

I would rather get worked up in a discussion regarding my hobby than be you, infact, I'd rather be without arms than be you.