Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Rolling a Spriest: Am I Making a Mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Barjin
    i lol at the people that thinks sp's ain't top the charts,, i am ALWAYS in the top 3 or 4 on boss fights in my guild, either shadow is fine as it is or my whole guild fails
    your whole guild fails.

if you dps'd as holy and made the same placement, would you be arguing that holy is a perfectly viable and balanced dps spec ? no. you'd come to the realization that the rest of your guild isnt living up to its capabilities.

If youre rolling a priest for pvp, and refuse to heal, you will never get anywhere. GL finding arena teams as a shadow priest.

my opinion, go disc to get ratings and gear, once youre geared, like, crazy geared, you might be able to find an arena team with...mage/druid/spriest does ok in 3s, or something. you can only play w/ certain classes b/c if your partner cant make peels for you, then you are screwed. so, if you ever find a team, spriest in arenas can be very fun. in 2s its the most frustrating thing in the world for. youll play the scrubbiest teams and lose b/c ur a spriest, but if you were disc you would have won easily.

spriests are fun in pve. really high survivability, makes them essential on fights like yogg, and hard mode thorim and IC. Their dps is fine, but ull almost always lose to locks and mages, which is frustrating b/c locks have basically the same raid buffs as you.

if you want to play a caster in arena, that is your first mistake. if you really want to roll the weakest class in arena......then either you are a god, or youre jsut plain stupid. roll a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeningsky
    i personally would respec the paladin to dps and use the priest to heal. priests from what i noticed are way better healers then paladins, as when i am in a group with one of them i know at minimum 2 wipes are on the way, where as a priest i know i'm gonna stay alive. but if you need a little incentive then here:

shadowpriest vs warrior= warrior wins
    shadowpriest vs paladin= paladin wins
    shadowpriest vs druid= druid wins
    shadowpriest vs mage= mage wins
    the list goes on, but out of curtesy, i'll stop with mage
    hope i helped
    all the best
    not that duels matter for anything, but mages/ua locks/prot pallys/and dks are really the only classes i struggle against. i always beat warriors, druids, ret pallys, rogues, and shaman.

Deleted

In 3.2 you will be the king of duels, with new resilience change: 15% reduced dmg from Shadow form + 10% if you will have about 900 resilience = 25% dmg absorbtion + armor against melees and hunters ...! Maybe SP sucks in arenas but 1vs1 he can beat anyone except SL Warlocks.

King of duels? luls. You still have to tank everyone so SP's will still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Barjin
    i lol at the people that thinks sp's ain't top the charts,, i am ALWAYS in the top 3 or 4 on boss fights in my guild, either shadow is fine as it is or my whole guild fails
    maybe your guild just suck on DPS...
    Thats the easy way to make you top the charts...

Go look at charts for dps done on hardmode encounters.
    You'll only see 1 spriest on 1 chart among all of them!!
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Roll a class that takes skill and learning to survive. Shadow Priest takes skill but not more so than a mage.

Dont roll another class that everyone else says roll. Go ahead and be that next SPriest that people talk about. Do the damn thing.

I know I rolled a warlock but I should stuck with the priest. Love using skill. That is why I wanna hang up with my ret pally and go my magi roots and play my mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    I'd roll a mage or a warlock. Since you have no intentions to heal at all with your priest, i see no benefits of actually being a priest. Warlocks have the same playstyle with dots and a main nuke etc.
    Mages are a bit more one-button spam in pve but's still nowhere near to what they where in tbc.

No. One has a pet and the other doesnt. One helluva difference.

my own personal opinion is shadow priests are fun to play, i changed my main from a hunter to priest i am disc healing main spec and shadow offspec and i love it. when i am asked to go dps in raids i can put out a good ammount of dps just takes some getting used to with rotations, but once geared up shadow priests in pve are very strong dpsers. but ye in pvp they suck so if i do once in a blue moon do pvp i will always go disc.
    simple way to find out is lvl one and play it, you might like it or you might not. its all about you play style and what you like to do when you log on.
    i tried playing a mage didnt really suit my play style, havent tried a lock yet might make one in the future but atm i will stick with my priest.
    take what i have said how you like it, but the choice is yours

It's stupid to play a hybrid if you have no plans on being a hybrid.

I don't like tanking much, but it's nice to be able to tank when I'm needed. If I wanted to just be melee DPS and not a tank, I certainly wouldn't have rolled a tanking hybrid, so why would you roll a healing hybrid if you don't want to heal?

in terms of shadowpriest dps, take premonitions recount data as example

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ly/yoggdms.jpg

Brudish

Quote Originally Posted by Nece
    Roll a class that takes skill and learning to survive. Shadow Priest takes skill but not more so than a mage.

Dont roll another class that everyone else says roll. Go ahead and be that next SPriest that people talk about. Do the damn thing.

I know I rolled a warlock but I should stuck with the priest. Love using skill. That is why I wanna hang up with my ret pally and go my magi roots and play my mage.
    Trust me, mages dont take skill lol. LB amd FB with the occasional pyro is all you do.