Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Judgement will indeed proc AoW

PTR patch notes got updated.

Judgements: Some of these attacks were considered ranged and some melee. They are all now considered melee attacks that can’t be dodged, parried or blocked.

Crusader Strike: Damage reduced to 75% weapon damage to match the new 4-second cooldown. Mana cost reduced to 5% of base mana.
    As per my previous statements. Judgements are not spells. Hope this clears things up for you less than informed MMO users.

The reduction in CS mana cost should make it so that there is zero need to Glyph for it also. This may bring Cons back into our rotations full time. Fun. Fun.

Re: Judgement will indeed proc AoW

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    PTR patch notes got updated.

As per my previous statements. Judgements are not spells. Hope this clears things up for you less than informed MMO users.

The reduction in CS mana cost should make it so that there is zero need to Glyph for it also. This may bring Cons back into our rotations full time. Fun. Fun.
    Well known tbh that that was how they were handled - surprising that some weren't working as melee though, I was under the impression they were all the same mechanically. Now, as to if they'll proc AoW, we'll see - I'd guess not, tooltips can be unreliable, and it seems to me to have more balance without.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    Well known tbh that that was how they were handled - surprising that some weren't working as melee though, I was under the impression they were all the same mechanically. Now, as to if they'll proc AoW, we'll see - I'd guess not, tooltips can be unreliable, and it seems to me to have more balance without.
    You must of missed the thread where people kept claiming it was a spell and Adamson came in and claimed it was and they all said "See he said it is, so it is!"

As for the bolded part, it isn't a tooltip. It is an update to patch notes. Blizzard is confirming it is a melee attack.

Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant.
    Confirming it is a melee attack after having worded the AoW change like above seems to indicate Judgements will proc it. Though I do agree, having Judgement proc it, makes the up time near 100%, which isn't really balanced. It would be the same as now except we'd have to choose between a heal or damage (which is what they seem to want, though it in no way changes our facerolling power.)

Nothing has changed for me, i still use my same macro.

/use 13
    /use 14
    /Castrandom Judgement of Justice, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Hammer of Justice
    /startattack

And

Flash of Light
    Exorcism

both keybinded to Scroll up/down

All i am waiting for now is JoTW to work on absorbs now :P then it will be sweet

I saw that thread, and, lets be fair, it was full of failing paladins who wouldn't know a melee attack if someone ran up and hit them over the head with one!

I'm still skeptical, even patchnotes have been known to be inaccurate, although it's nice to see blizzard finally adding some structure to a system that's got some of the strangest mechanics in game. Maybe they'll balance it via ICD though, which does make sense, but we'll just have to see how blizz make it work (or not as the case may be).

It sounds promising, but for some reason I thought the reason behind the change to AoW was an attempt to keep us closer to our target. Maybe not, and I just misread something somewhere.
    Needs more LB!

I saw that thread, and, lets be fair, it was full of failing paladins who wouldn't know a melee attack if someone ran up and hit them over the head with one!

I'm still skeptical, even patchnotes have been known to be inaccurate, although it's nice to see blizzard finally adding some structure to a system that's got some of the strangest mechanics in game. Maybe they'll balance it via ICD though, which does make sense, but we'll just have to see how blizz make it work (or not as the case may be).
    Yes, hence why I stopped posting in that thread, since all of them couldn't understand what is known fact.

Even with these notes, PTR still has a month or two (I would think) so things can change (I hope they do). The notes aren't inaccurate as of now, but I am 100% sure they will be modified before 3.2 goes Live.

Some of the changes are nice, I hate losing JoL but bleh.

15+ Year Old Account

SoV and SoC Judgements still proc AoW on PTR. Prior to this build, SoW, SoR, SoL, and SoJ judges did not proc AoW. Theoretically, they all should now........ I would know if the PTR world server would stay up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    You must of missed the thread where people kept claiming it was a spell and Adamson came in and claimed it was and they all said "See he said it is, so it is!"

As for the bolded part, it isn't a tooltip. It is an update to patch notes. Blizzard is confirming it is a melee attack.

Confirming it is a melee attack after having worded the AoW change like above seems to indicate Judgements will proc it. Though I do agree, having Judgement proc it, makes the up time near 100%, which isn't really balanced. It would be the same as now except we'd have to choose between a heal or damage (which is what they seem to want, though it in no way changes our facerolling power.)
    They also confirmed that is was a ranged attack for some seals..... and also that you're a dick. :P

Judgement of wisdom, and judgement of light have always been spells.

Judgement of command and martyr have always been considered ranged attacks that scale with melee/ranged stats.

They're now changing these to all be like martyr has been.

(by always I mean since 3.0, in vanilla and BC all judgements were spells)

LOL.. I made posts explaining that Judgement, regardless of the seal, is in fact considered a melee ability. People (Ronark especially) try telling me I'm wrong despite the fact I had given proof. Then when it shows up on the PTR and procs AoW, suddenly stories change and now it is "oh, well these seals WOULDN'T have procced it, but now they do". Blizzard said nothing about seals in that particular post regarding the Judgement mechanic.

The fact is if you knew half of what you pretend to, you would understand that they mean it is a melee ability modified to use certain spell and ranged mechanics. (which I had stated and linked directly from elitistjerks). I know several incredibly talented players on Doomhammer and if you were the intelligent player you make yourself out to be you would be raiding with the likes of Drow and Singularity. I don't like being a dick but if you weren't such a condescending ass on these forums I wouldn't have to put you in your place.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjarobot44
    LOL.. I made posts explaining that Judgement, regardless of the seal, is in fact considered a melee ability. People (Ronark especially) try telling me I'm wrong despite the fact I had given proof. Then when it shows up on the PTR and procs AoW, suddenly stories change and now it is "oh, well these seals WOULDN'T have procced it, but now they do". Blizzard said nothing about seals in that particular post regarding the Judgement mechanic.

The fact is if you knew half of what you pretend to, you would understand that they mean it is a melee ability modified to use certain spell and ranged mechanics. (which I had stated and linked directly from elitistjerks). I know several incredibly talented players on Doomhammer and if you were the intelligent player you make yourself out to be you would be raiding with the likes of Drow and Singularity. I don't like being a dick but if you weren't such a condescending ass on these forums I wouldn't have to put you in your place.
    The bold part is where you were wrong and what we were trying to tell you. On LIVE, if you judge with Seals of Wisdom, Light, or Righteousness active, it is a ranged attack. On PTR, they will all be melee.

So thank you for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    The bold part is where you were wrong and what we were trying to tell you. On LIVE, if you judge with Seals of Wisdom, Light, or Righteousness active, it is a ranged attack. On PTR, they will all be melee.

So thank you for proving my point.

Apparently you lack the comprehension skills to realize where you are wrong. The Judgement ability ITSELF is a melee attack. The seal has nothing to do with it, in live right now or on the ptr. If you read elitist jerks you would know that. Each of your responses to my posts further prove MY point. Every response you have made has failed to give any actual proof that I am incorrect, but once again, nice try. Learn your class, ass.

Apparently you lack the comprehension skills to realize where you are wrong. The Judgement ability ITSELF is a melee attack. The seal has nothing to do with it, in live right now or on the ptr.
    No, it's not a melee attack. melee attacks can be dodge or parried. by blizzards definition at the least it's a ranged attack.

Judgement of command and martyr are ranged physical attacks that do holy damage.

Judgemet of light, wisdom, justice, are all spells. They scale with spell crit, spell hit, etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Apparently you lack the comprehension skills to realize where you are wrong. The Judgement ability ITSELF is a melee attack. The seal has nothing to do with it, in live right now or on the ptr. If you read elitist jerks you would know that. Each of your responses to my posts further prove MY point. Every response you have made has failed to give any actual proof that I am incorrect, but once again, nice try. Learn your class, ass.
    Judgement was considered a Ranged or Melee attack. It's type was augmented based on the current seal type (much like how Frostfire bolt can be either Fire or Frost damage), but this will no longer be the case in 3.2. I'd rather be a smart-ass than a dumb-ass any day.

Off topic, I wonder by chance if Judgement will be usable while silenced again :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    No, it's not a melee attack. melee attacks can be dodge or parried. by blizzards definition at the least it's a ranged attack.

Judgement of command and martyr are ranged physical attacks that do holy damage.

Judgemet of light, wisdom, justice, are all spells. They scale with spell crit, spell hit, etc.
    Wrong. I've lost count of how many times I have had to post this for you fools but here it is again.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t53532-3...aladin_thread/

ALL Judgements should be considered as ranged physical attacks, which can miss or crit but cannot be resisted, parried, or dodged. Some game data mining reveals that judgements are actually melee attacks that have been modified to be immune to parries and dodges, yet they have a 10 yard range and cannot be used while silenced.

Once again, if you want to tell someone they are wrong, provide proof. Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it so.

15+ Year Old Account

Wrong. I've lost count of how many times I have had to post this for you fools but here it is again.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t53532-3...aladin_thread/

ALL Judgements should be considered as ranged physical attacks, which can miss or crit but cannot be resisted, parried, or dodged. Some game data mining reveals that judgements are actually melee attacks that have been modified to be immune to parries and dodges, yet they have a 10 yard range and cannot be used while silenced.

Once again, if you want to tell someone they are wrong, provide proof. Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Staff
    Judgements: Some of these attacks were considered ranged and some melee. They are all now considered melee attacks that can't be dodged, parried or blocked.

I already addressed this in my first post on the thread, but nice try. Please continue on your river of failure.

ignoring the current flame war i have a question
    does this actually change anything? or is this pretty much just a text change to make what was already true about judgments more obvious from reading the tooltip.

15+ Year Old Account

I already addressed this in my first post on the thread, but nice try. Please continue on your river of failure.
    By saying that its a melee spell when Blizzard said its sometimes a Ranged spell?

Go by Ninjarobot44's Word, or Blizzard's word..... hmmm.......

Then again, neither are reliable. : /

Quote Originally Posted by crierofsin
    does this actually change anything? or is this pretty much just a text change to make what was already true about judgments more obvious from reading the tooltip.
    It makes Judgements made when Seals of Righteousness, Wisdom, Light, and Justice active proc AoW when before they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by crierofsin
    It's really more of a clarification than a change. Since it is still early on the ptr they may decide to make judgement not proc AoW, but currently it can. I will agree that keeping it that way, although I would love it, would give it nearly 100% uptime which sort of defeats the purpose of adding the cast time to exo in the first place.