Balance of power changes

There have been the changes in the PTR saying that BoP "Increases chance to hit with all spells, and decreases damage taken by 3/6%" so, does this mean that BoP now gives 6% hit instread of 4% or is this simply a misunderstanding that's going to change when they realize that the tooltip is misleading? I really hope it's the frst because I hate gearing for hit.

Re: Balance of power changes

ive been experimenting on live and ptr with putting myself over hit cap intentionally but taking points out of balance of power to make myself still overall 17% hit

seems there is a certain logic to it with ~400 haste rating

use my haste potion / engineering glove haste enchant for lunar eclipse
    use living flame(505 sp for 20 seconds) for solar eclipse

however u wont have these ready every 15 seconds..lol..so wondering how these will add up in terms of DPS

and which points would u take? seems that EJ dont say much about the posibilites since the BIS trinkets are not ones with hit and eng is not the best prof for moonkins

See my sig...

As for Silencerbob. I did alot of math behind this, its a dps loss overall. (between 1-2% depending on where you place the 2 points from BoP)

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    You mean you failed to do a lot of math on this, fought vehemently for dropping BoP, and then were proven wrong.
    Did more math then you could comprehend (as you mis 'QUOTED' it frequently without putting even a digit of actual math foward yourself).

Argued my OPINION on the talent BoP saying it COULD be dropped after ones gear is at an adequet level for a total loss of about 1-2% (Its almost like there is an echo in this thread).

And was not proven WRONG, my original assesment was that it would be a LOSS of damage, given a miscalculation in my math the only thing that was wrong was how much, and since it was a difference of >2% it really shouldn't matter, and if 2% damage matters to you or your raid, you're doing it wrong.

Damn altiris, for someone as outspoken as yourself, and also keen to call others out on same flaw, you really should work on actually reading posts, rather then basing your opinion off of Spiritus' or Dje's replies.
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    I LOLed.

And yes, you must have used some kind of math I didn't understand to get the damage total of 54 million.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=66834
    Meh ... drop the flame. It's just childish. He was wrong, it got proven, /thread.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by FourofaKind
    See my sig...
    What's with your sig ? The BoP tooltip change is a buff rather than a nerf. Even if it's a bad wording (which the current PTR tests indicates) the talent itself wasn't changed at all so still no nerf.

As for the other discussion, 2% for two talent points is in the realm of what most good but non-mandatory talent give. The optional ones give less, ie there's no point in switching BoP for a non-mandatory one (though you can indeed do so without a massive loss of dps).

Negating all previous arguments and focusing on the topic at hand, wouldn't it be interesting if by contrary to my "theory" (See, I even put it in quotes for you all) of a loss of spell hit, what might you think if instead they GAVE us 2% more spell hit? Making 6% +hit 6% Damage mit.

gaining the 9% hit total (6 BoP 3 IFF/Mis((tho for us, IFF)) ) would drop the amount of hit we need on our gear quite a bit. to 210 (better safe then sorry, so I rounded up).

IF this were the case, would you all agree that going Helm-Pant-Chest t9.5 (196 hit) and Glove-SHoulder 8.5 (another 57 hit) or can anyone think of a better combo?

(I've been playing Private Server MaxCrafting recently these days, so once the stuff goes live for BlizzWoW our server should get the update a week or too later.)

Deleted

There i won't be able to help, i only start looking at what gear i want to have when we get a reasonable idea of the full content a new patch brings and how easy to reach those items will be (to be able to exclude hard mode items for example).

That being said, the current status will have us aiming at 2T8+2T9, so it should already be doable to work out a priority list between what pieces of T8 and T9 you'd prefer to keep (with 3 choices so that you don't have to redo it all when a good non-set item appears). (but i'm still too lazy to do it so far from the patch)