Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Exodus 72 hour ban, Yogg exploit official.

As an american I just wanna say something, both guilds are babies. I was told they are the "pro" guilds. Ok, professional game players are paid beta testers, not guys who go around on live servers and have a squad of mounts for their egos. If you don't get a paycheck from Blizz for doing actual work, you're not a "professional" you're just an ass. I'm one of those evil "casual" players on a not full server. I pug all my raids. I'm outspoken and run on an old ass rig so I don't get to raid much, but most of the good guilds on my server know my name. I'm in a small guild made up of mostly RL friends, and guys who got sick of the crap from the bigger ones. I applaude the fact that Blizz is bringing the end of the uber guilds by allowing smaller groups do raids. "Professional" game players that aren't reviewers, or game testers are simply this...out of work nerd-tards who live on energy drinks and hot pockets in their mom's basements. American, Euro, or E.T. thats the truth. Its a casual game, it's not Poker, its not a CCG, U can't make money playing this shit. I enjoy this game, but the assbags in it are starting to make the actual good players sick.

Imo bliazzard should do real testing... I mean the ptr's are a joke and the first freaking boss had more "exploits" and "issues" then hell, I can't even think of a cleaver metaphore... Not saying they shouldn't of gotten the ban, infact they should of gotten a longer one, while the ones who get banned for leviathen for the definition of kiting got worse bans overall... With that said ensidia should of gotten the hardmode revoked as well.

AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE ;D

I can't believe this shit is such a big deal. It's just a game. Do these people's lives suck so much that they have to take almost an extremist level of pride in a video game achievement? Seriously? Going even as far as having a "my region is better than your region" argument about it? That's just so pathetic. What's even more pathetic are these e-fanboys that worship these people as if they actually achieved something worthwhile. Wow.

While I think that a 72 hour ban may have been an overreaction, their response has been absolutely shameful.

Evade-bugging adds is NOTHING like spellstealing buffs from mobs IN THE SAME DAMN INSTANCE. In Naxx is it an exploit to mind control Understudies? NO. Is it an exploit to kill Spores? NO. There is a difference between clever use of your character's abilities and exploiting an obvious glitch to ignore a large portion of a fight.

I'm ashamed to live in the same country as Kaywarrior.

I don't see how Ensidia were being babies about this, they congratulated Exodus at first and did so until they discovered the exploit themselves, at which point they brought it up as a possibility. Then it turned out to be true.

I really fail to see how their reaction was childish or any different from how the other top guilds would react.

All the same, Exodus now goes back to being a fringe top 10 guild, and will be forgotten about when the 3.2 race starts.

The post on their website was honestly in very bad taste if you ask me. Blizzard is the judge, jury, and executioner in WoW, and they thought what Ensidia did was ok, and what Exodus did was not. END OF STORY. But apparently not for Exodus. I understand they may be upset that they can't play WoW for a whopping 3 days, but to cry about it and claim Blizz is so biased is just childish. You were found guilty and a sentence was handed out, Ensidia wasn't. Sit your whopping 3 days out, come back and do it next week without exploits if your so much better honestly.

They really are bitter...

There is a slight difference to making a mob evade so you take it out the fight completely to spell stealing a buff on a trash pack that doesn't leash.

Bans and lack of bans are more than just.

What really pisses me off is Exodus's blatant lie that "it was just luck" as if no one would ever find out they cheated. It was really ignorant and REALLY stupid.
    Like someone else said, if they had killed it, ticketed it, came out and SAID it was a bug, and just acted like they just happened upon it and that they didn't really want to do it, i may still be gratzing them, but now...
    As the above poster said, i'm ashamed to share a country with Kaywarrior.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by niemeyer
    I´m so glad this happened... this is a huge slap in a face for all the americans who claimed to be better.

Happy 72 hours you scrubs.
    First, this isnt usa vs eu, you need to go outside and do other stuff than read these forums and be angry about nothing.
    Second, i know you are an ensidia fan and they did exploit before and they never got banned, does that make them better? nope
    Third, world first is still gone... exploit or not.. next kill will only be world second
    Edit: and 4th, your guild probably doesn't even kill freya/mimiron hard mode, i don't think you have any rights to call anybody a scrub

Hey hey don't throw rock on the glasshouse !

We know for sure Exodus exploited Yogg+0, We also know that Ensidia exploited mimiron with 2xJoL heals.
    But we know for sure that Flower power is just taking advantage of game mechanisms, Flower Power is not an exploit but 2x JoL is and bugging mobs in P3 is.

Remember that mage who soloed Death Knight Wing, that was also taking advantage of game mechanisms.

Spellstealing a spellstealing buff is diffrent from having 2xJoL because blizzard introduced that raid buffs dont stack, and JoL is a raidbuff.
    So ban Ensidia aswell to be fair

WHAT!??! Were some of you expecting them to not get banned over it? PFFF using a bug that is not fixed, will almost always get you in trouble..... DUH!?!?

They were banned for this? Blizz screws up and have no accountability but ban them cause their developers are sloppy. I could careless about any US and EU junk. I understand the game is vast and things get overlooked but this is ridiculous. The encounter is supposedly mathematically impossible, then why have it? Why not say your raid will NEED BiS to beat the encounter?

mmathes339 i really don't see why being best at something you and your friends/"co-workers" made a legitimate effort towards isn't something to be proud of. I admit i don't know every fact on ensidia/nihilium, but all i've seen from them have been posted in a mature manner and any methods that might be borderline exploit have been reported openly.

And your whole view of a "proffesional gamer" is just a false stereotype. And stating you are a an actual good player rather then those people that really are at the top and competing for world first is just pure jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by niemeyer
    I´m so glad this happened... this is a huge slap in a face for all the americans who claimed to be better.

Happy 72 hours you scrubs.
    lol wow is your life, who gives a shit if they exploited.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

using a bug that makes hardest encounter yet close to easiest hard mode is imo a good reason to get banned.
    But Exodus isn't guild of nobodies anymore. Gz you're now internetfamous. 2bad there aren't achievements irl.
    lol this is a site about wow, maybe some1 here might give a shit.

who gives a flying f*** which country did it first... Ensidia > exodus... and im American(horde ftw).
    exploiting is CLEARLY defined in the EULA, exodus was incredibly stupid to forget what is entailed in the EULA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortoss
    They were banned for this? Blizz screws up and have no accountability but ban them cause their developers are sloppy. I could careless about any US and EU junk. I understand the game is vast and things get overlooked but this is ridiculous. The encounter is supposedly mathematically impossible, then why have it? Why not say your raid will NEED BiS to beat the encounter?
    A group of developers can never find more bugs than a public test. A public test can never find as many bugs than the public themselves. The developers didn't get sloppy, it just wasn't thought to have existed until Exodus accidently discovered it.

If they reported the bug and continue the effort to kill Yogg+0 without using the exploit, they would not have been banned. Instead, they cheated and broke a rule done by the ToS.

Saying the dev. team was sloppy on a game that has this much content shows how ignorent you are when it comes to developing and testing a game.

15+ Year Old Account

Now I'm waiting for all the Americans who were jerking off over each other because Exodus got a world first in the previous thread screaming "USA USA USA" to wander back, hat in hands and tell us we're still euro fags and Ensidia fan boys and it was still a world first.

Palamedic I can really show you ignorant but won't. You have a hard mode encounter where it's supposed to be the pinnacle and 25 people at Blizz can't fully test it? Your ignorance(prolly one of the sloppy developers) of your post clearly shows. Public test is only free labor for Blizz, but wait then Blizz wouldn't make a gazillion dollars and your salary there would be lower.

It is one encounter and to tell me they can't fully test it isn't sloppy? STFU and give me your girl's number!