Thread: 3.2 Ret Spec

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.2 Ret Spec

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    you forgot about him not picking up swift retribution in his (presumed) PVP spec, as well as E4aE and divine purpose, 3 must-have talents for PvP...

and the hunter polearm he is wearing.
    i find it hilarious how u can shit talk someon on a forum knowing nothing of their past

my weapon mayb a "hunter Weapon" but its better than the titansteel destroyer i had

iv never been in a guild that raids decently so most of my gear is from PUGS

im sorry for not having a "ret paladin weapon"

i guess ill never be as leet as you guys xD

PS. Eye for an Eye is garbage for pvp as well as swift retribution

even i know that much

15+ Year Old Account

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10048

That will be an ideal spec.

It offers the most raid utility possible while not gimping yourself by any means.

You can switch Imp BoM and Vindication depending on if needed or not.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Feihc
    i find it hilarious how u can shit talk someon on a forum knowing nothing of their past

my weapon mayb a "hunter Weapon" but its better than the titansteel destroyer i had

iv never been in a guild that raids decently so most of my gear is from PUGS

im sorry for not having a "ret paladin weapon"

i guess ill never be as leet as you guys xD
    to you, and the poster above you, sorry if i appeared rude, but i was just trying to help. i did not know of your past gear, so i was under the impression that you already had ulduar gear, but then took the polearm... now, if i see you had a titansteel destroyer (which i have myself), i see you do know A LOT more about your class than me.

edit: and about Eye for an eye, does it not help for PvP? because the crits you will get anyway will do damage back... or is it just one more useless leveling talent? and isn't 3% haste always useful? dunno myself, been since pre patch 3.0.2 that i last was in a BG...

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

i dont see how pursuit of justice is a PvE talent

u rarlely get disarmed if at all and movement speed dosnt matter in a boss fight that much

IMO of course

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    to you, and the poster above you, sorry if i appeared rude, but i was just trying to help. i did not know of your past gear, so i was under the impression that you already had ulduar gear, but then took the polearm... now, if i see you had a titansteel destroyer (which i have myself), i see you do know A LOT more about your class than me.
    thank you for understanding

the main reason why i dont post on forums that often is that exactly

u dont know me and i dont know you and it leads to stupid misunderstandings

anywhoozle

i dont care anymore

i just thought the whole "hunter weapon" thing was fucking hilarious

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

eye for an eye is not horrible its just superfluous

and the haste would be nice if i had more points but i feel some of the things in the prot tree are more important

idk im happy with my pvp spec

some dont like it but wtvr

its not that big of a deal

E4E is not worth the points anymore, and the 3% haste frankly sucks.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ranishka
    E4E is not worth the points anymore, and the 3% haste frankly sucks.

im glad u agree xD

For those woundering what to do with thier last few talents. Try this build I main spec prot and off spec ret however, I'm very good at both just don't ask me about healing.

Keep in mind this is only for PVE not PVP although it's still affective in PVP. Any questions about why certain alents were selected please feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Synyn
    For those woundering what to do with thier last few talents. Try this build I main spec prot and off spec ret however, I'm very good at both just don't ask me about healing.

Keep in mind this is only for PVE not PVP although it's still affective in PVP. Any questions about why certain alents were selected please feel free to ask.
    i have somewhat same build on ptr except i have putted 2 points in vindication instead of divine purpose since its available for pve now as well

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Synyn

For PvE

Offers more to the raid and is equally as effective on a personal damage level.

I run a ret/ret build, so I will have the same spec more or less with my second one except instead of imp might I will have vindication, to switch back and forth depending on who has what in the raid.

The reason why I argue that the spec I am posting is better is because Divine Purpose can mean the difference between a wipe, or kill. While granted it is not necessary, it is also a nice help, and also offers incentive to use Hand of Sacrifice, and or allows for something additional to be done when hand of sacrifice is used.

You will not be losing damage, and will only be gaining utility.

For arguments sake as well, Seal of Command is not necessary, however it is nice to have, and will be better for AoE packs, and some will argue PvP.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Feihc
    i dont see how pursuit of justice is a PvE talent

u rarlely get disarmed if at all and movement speed dosnt matter in a boss fight that much

IMO of course
    +15% movement rocks, the faster you move the less downtime you have in fights:

* Razorscale - you can move between adds/boss quicker.
    * XT - you get out quicker with debuffs, and back sooner.
    * Council - quicker switching, quicker back in after overload, quicker getting away from the floating lightning man.
    * Hodir - quicker between blocks, quicker to get out of ice falling, quicker to move to buffs.
    * Thorim - quicker to avoid lightning.
    * Freya - faster movement between adds (I even kite the Snaplasher in our raids), easier to avoid seeds.
    * Mimiron - overall easier to avoid the many and varied damaging attacks.
    * Yogg - easier to get around between portals (where seconds count), quicker to help out on constrictor tentacles.

PoJ is teh bomb in short.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchylde
    +15% movement rocks, the faster you move the less downtime you have in fights:

* Razorscale - you can move between adds/boss quicker.
    * XT - you get out quicker with debuffs, and back sooner.
    * Council - quicker switching, quicker back in after overload, quicker getting away from the floating lightning man.
    * Hodir - quicker between blocks, quicker to get out of ice falling, quicker to move to buffs.
    * Thorim - quicker to avoid lightning.
    * Freya - faster movement between adds (I even kite the Snaplasher in our raids), easier to avoid seeds.
    * Mimiron - overall easier to avoid the many and varied damaging attacks.
    * Yogg - easier to get around between portals (where seconds count), quicker to help out on constrictor tentacles.

PoJ is teh bomb in short.
    ^^ This exactly. When fighting in the Brain Realm on Yogg, I get to run all the way to the back. You better believe that PoJ gets you from pont A--->B faster than anyone minus rogues/druids with sprint/dash. Less time spent getting zapped by the skulls too.

I'll agree that Swift Retribution and E4E are forgettable talent points.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Pursuit of justice is a must have in PvE.

For PvE

Offers more to the raid and is equally as effective on a personal damage level.

Way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfie
    i think im going for something like this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10048

conc is good glyph but its not worth it unless u got mana problems and if u keep doing divine plea every 1 min i dont and yea glyph og veng is good too but since im mostly ulduar geared im allready at cap so that would be a waste aswell for me.
    I like this spec as well, looks like thats what i will be using as well! Hooray for my first post

I'm going to go for:

Vindication as we don't have a warrior most of the time.
    Divine Purpose to mitigate spell dmg (and since there is always someone in the raid with imp. might)

No Divine Sacrifice since we can still save tanks with HoSac and while it's nice for raid dmg we normally have a spare prot pally who can do it...

15+ Year Old Account

You make it seem like chaining Divine Sacrifice would be bad.

Divine Sacrifice > Divine Purpose.