Dk vs. Druid.. need help

Hey guys,

i just got a new arena partner (resto druid) and we totally rolled over every team except those with a druid. No matter what team constellation, i can't get the druid down. Normally i wait for my partner to cyclone the other guy and root the druid. Then i pop the gargoyle and strangulate, nuke my scourge strikes and hit Empower Rune Weapon. Another row of SS will follow, combined with my ghoul stun. When i'm lucky it will crit 3 times and the druid is history, but thats not quite often..
    Does anyone have some better tactics? Thanks in advance :-)

Re: Dk vs. Druid.. need help

Have your druid cyclone the enemy druid when he's at low, the lifebloom and other hots will wear off and wont heal him, after 6 seconds you'll get him, easy as that.

We tried this, but when he gets out of cyclone, he will just heal himself for about 3-4k.. i cant get him down after that :-/

This is the way it works for me and my partner, if you still struggle with getting him down after he's low and hots wore off then save a cd (stun/strangulate) after the cyclone or tbh the best way is to switch targets, catch the druid without hots and off guard and you should have a pretty easy kill there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frex
    Have your druid cyclone the enemy druid when he's at low, the lifebloom and other hots will wear off and wont heal him, after 6 seconds you'll get him, easy as that.
    This. If its not working you're not doing it right.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Jeah, you were right.. after a few tries it worked :-)
    I just got a new idea.. how about stunning with the ghoul and using corpse explosion while strangulating him.. is the 1 point in CE worth the 5k dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by ven0m
    Jeah, you were right.. after a few tries it worked :-)
    I just got a new idea.. how about stunning with the ghoul and using corpse explosion while strangulating him.. is the 1 point in CE worth the 5k dmg?
    if that thing actually does 5k dmg then that might be worth it. You're giving up a potential 12k+ heal though... I don't play my DK anymore though so for that i'll have to point you to the DK forums...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Heal is not the problem.. most of the time i'm nuking a druid, his partner goes for my druid and will not attack me. Also i can instantly recall my ghoul after CE by the cost of one GCD.
    Probably i should go to the dk forum with that.. thanks :-)

Deleted

well... druids can basicly outheal EVERYTHING, the thing is, if its a good druid you are playing agains, its all about outlasting them, yes... it is...
    so what you will want to do, switch switch switch target all the time, druid dps druid dps, and make force him to HoT upp himself and hes partner, help your own healer, deathgrip chains of ice on their dps, keep him from makeing damage as often as possible. so why it'll take so incredible long, innervade (neeerfploxqq).
    so when he has used he's innervate, you'll basicly have 6 min to OOM the drood and kill him or hes partner, we often go for their partner (dps) since the druid can escape very simpel.

either that or incredible luck with crits and or Cc.

Jep, thats right.. innervate should rly go for a nerf!
    But another thing.. my druid partner got some problems with warriors. He told me, that he read about warriors complaining about being kited along the whole map by a druid, but they assrape my partner. He roots them and they charge after him 4-5 secs later. Even if i regularly grip the warrior off him, they just charge him again... any ideas how i could support him, oder how he could cc them effective enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Holydruid
    well... druids can basicly outheal EVERYTHING, the thing is, if its a good druid you are playing agains, its all about outlasting them, yes... it is...
    so what you will want to do, switch switch switch target all the time, druid dps druid dps, and make force him to HoT upp himself and hes partner, help your own healer, deathgrip chains of ice on their dps, keep him from makeing damage as often as possible. so why it'll take so incredible long, innervade (neeerfploxqq).
    so when he has used he's innervate, you'll basicly have 6 min to OOM the drood and kill him or hes partner, we often go for their partner (dps) since the druid can escape very simpel.

either that or incredible luck with crits and or Cc.
    yeah... thats how we (Rsham+ret) kill druids sort of. We normally open with repentance+hex on the dps, focus the druid and try and get him to burn his trinket. Once he trinkets we swap dps to the dps and then just wait for HOJ to come off cooldown and wings+bloodlust+HOJ => hex the dps and try to gib him when he doesn't have any hots on him.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

basics of dk resto druid.
    try to keep both enemies on you. if you can leave his ghoul at half health the druid will heal it up wasting mana.
    for any team with a resto druid cyclone is your friend. if you hit his dps and your druid chain cyclones their druid there dps is gonna take some damage. if your druid then spam cyclones the dps while you hit the druid as hard as possible. the druid is going to heal himself as much as possible switch fast then strangulate ghoulstun and by then your druid should be able to cyclone the druid again. this should allow you to kill his dps.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Frex
    the best way is to switch targets, catch the druid without hots and off guard and you should have a pretty easy kill there.
    This. Really, I play frost DK(+disco) and just hate seeing every single DK (and warrior, for that matter) tunnel visioning 24/7 at 2k+ rating... I lost count of how many times I froze their healer across the arena and blew up the DK because he didn't want to drop pressure on my healer to get heals... vs any druid teams, I tend to switch target atleast 30times+ in a match, unless they make a mistake by trinketting a fear early in a panic attack...