Thread: Display bug?

Display bug?

Recently got my dk to 80, so I've been in and out of BGs to get enough honor for the Hateful set. Anyways, noticed that my honor and HKs aren't exactly adding up.

For those that just want to jump to conclusions without even looking at the screenshot, I have 12 more HKs today than I do lifetime. Call me crazy, but that doesn't seem possible. At the same time it shows me at 31.6k honor for the day yet under 30k honor saved up.

I thought it might be a display error so I logged out to see if it would fix itself. Nothing addon related, doing another BG changed nothing. Anyone know what numbers I should follow/know what causes this? >.>

Re: Display bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    Recently got my dk to 80, so I've been in and out of BGs to get enough honor for the Hateful set. Anyways, noticed that my honor and HKs aren't exactly adding up.

For those that just want to jump to conclusions without even looking at the screenshot, I have 12 more HKs today than I do lifetime. Call me crazy, but that doesn't seem possible. At the same time it shows me at 31.6k honor for the day yet under 30k honor saved up.

I thought it might be a display error so I logged out to see if it would fix itself. Nothing addon related, doing another BG changed nothing. Anyone know what numbers I should follow/know what causes this? >.>
    Do you mostly do WG? You get loooads of bonus honor in WG.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Do you mostly do WG? You get loooads of bonus honor in WG.
    That still doesnt make his total HK's less then his made HK's that day.
    I guess it's a bug, or they get added up in 2 days instead of instantly.

Did a few games of WG to get some of the tokens. Don't see why that would change the honor/hks though. >.>

The honor could be a result of the diminishing returns, since honor earned today, does not reflect the diminished honor gained (or, not gained) from killing a player repeatadly.

With the kills though, i am in awe. Cant see why.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever
    The honor could be a result of the diminishing returns, since honor earned today, does not reflect the diminished honor gained (or, not gained) from killing a player repeatadly.

With the kills though, i am in awe. Cant see why.
    Eh, you need to kill the same player a -lot- of times to get DR on honor from them. No way I've done that much to rack up that high an honor loss, or so it seems.

Logged on today thinking that Tues. maintenance might have fixed it, it didn't.

Ah well, the Achievement for HKs shows me at the Lifetime total, not the number shown in what I earned yesterday. Guess I'll be going by that.

I was reading and thought I'd add this:

Originally Posted by Blizz (Blue Tracker)

Honor Point Calculation

As of patch 2.4, Honor is no longer calculated nightly! Instead, Honor is instantly and directly added to the total at the top of the PvP tab of your character sheet (default key 'c') preceded by the word "Honor." This Honor is available to be spent immediately. You can still keep track of the Honor and kills you've accrued for the day in the Today column, as well as what you earned the prior day in the Yesterday column of this PvP tab.

In addition, accrued Honor is no longer estimated and diminishing returns have been removed from honorable kills as well. However, characters that die 50 times or more in a single battleground will no longer be worth honor for the remainder of that battle.
    So it's very unlikely that's where the loss came from. But anyway... how did you get that much honor in a day ? I haven't played in like a month but I wasn't getting anywhere near that much in a day ???

Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever
    The second time you kill a player within a set amount of time (Dont know the time), you get 25% honor (from start honor) less a kill..

So, lets say you get 100 honor.

1 kill, 100
    2 kill, 75
    3 kill, 50
    4 kill, 25
    5 kill, 0
    6 kill+++, 0
    Should check the post above yours.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Quote Originally Posted by perera
    I was reading and thought I'd add this:

Originally Posted by Blizz (Blue Tracker)

Honor Point Calculation

As of patch 2.4, Honor is no longer calculated nightly! Instead, Honor is instantly and directly added to the total at the top of the PvP tab of your character sheet (default key 'c') preceded by the word "Honor." This Honor is available to be spent immediately. You can still keep track of the Honor and kills you've accrued for the day in the Today column, as well as what you earned the prior day in the Yesterday column of this PvP tab.

In addition, accrued Honor is no longer estimated and diminishing returns have been removed from honorable kills as well. However, characters that die 50 times or more in a single battleground will no longer be worth honor for the remainder of that battle.
    So it's very unlikely that's where the loss came from. But anyway... how did you get that much honor in a day ? I haven't played in like a month but I wasn't getting anywhere near that much in a day ???
    Hmm, did 3 Wintergrasp dailies that day. First one was a losing game, second WG was a win which gave me the "Win WG" daily completed. 3.7k honor from each of those 3 quests + what I earned during the course of WG. The rest was from AV.

The same thing is happening today. I'm nearly 100 HKs behind what my yesterday/today total shows compared to my lifetime. Same with honor, I'm showing having earned about 11k more than what I actually have.

Do you play late at night ? The honor UI error used to happen to me if I was online during the 'day transition' time... meaning my honor counter wouldn't go back to 0 for the day - but when they changed the honor system I thought the counter became reset client-side. I might be wrong on that... It would mean that 'extra' number could be from the previous day... what you could do to see if that is the case is write down the numbers and see if they match on the next day.