Elemental DPS Question

My girlfriend dinged 80 about 3 weeks ago. Since then her gear has greatly improved but im not seeing much of an increase in dps. She went from in greens and blues to mostly heroic epics and blues. Shes using the proper rotations glyphs and spec but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

Re: Elemental DPS Question

What's her hit?
    What's her haste?
    What's her rotation?
    What was her original DPS and what is her DPS now?
    Armory link?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    What's her hit?
    What's her haste?
    What's her rotation?
    What was her original DPS and what is her DPS now?
    Armory link?
    This!

I was pushing 3,6k DPS on Patchwerk 25 and I got about 2d played at Level 80. In Ulduar I stayed below 3k dps, I guess it is alot about raidbuffs (had neither owl or spriest in 10). Check my armory for gear.

Log:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/UOrOY...?s=2584&e=2817
    This space is available for rent!

Im completely clueless with this just trying to help her out heres her armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rg&n=Cellantuu hits way below cap not sure what she should do for hit. I think this is why just from mail i just dont see her reaching cap.

trinkets(theres a good one from HVH? with hit/spell proc)
    tier gear has hit, but till then its just cloth kinda x.x
    socketing it and chanting for it is all there really is
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Yea shes got old trinkets why she didnt replace them i have no idea gotta get her some hit trinkets i know. And only ele tier has hit on it otherwise its cloth which tends to have spirit on it which is eh as far as i know for shamans. Ill look more in depth into hit enchants.

60/11/0 needs fixing
    atleast drop points from reverb and go into elemental weapons

as said before chants
    yeah VH heropic last boss has imba trinket 73hit rating and use increase sp ability
    it sems like you have bought her / had crafted a few items to help her also best thing is just to get running heroics really or let her tag along on a naxx 25or sumthing and pimp her out lots ppl do that in guild runs with their alts

also oshu'gun relic really? theres pleanty of trinkets while lvling better than that

get hit capped 268 i think for space goat(not sure im horde)
    aim for 520-550ish haste
    stack spell power
    =proffit
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

She should avoid Spirit/MP5 Gear as much as possible unless it is quite a substantial upgrade, especially avoid it if a Healer is after it.

I cannnot take a look at her armory profile atm, as it is undergoing maintance.So just gonna give some general tips, the stats needed are posted above not going to repeat it.

Boss target dummy is your friend. Just go there and start experimenting the rotation, with gear etc etc to find the best one SUITED for you. While there is a standard rotation for elemental shaman, the only fight basically where you can use that is Patchwerk. So you need start trying out different set of rotations, but making sure that you always keep FS up and fire two LvB during the dot's duration and fill in between. Using Frost Shock while moving can also slightly improve dps. Reason why FS, cause it has the highest direct dmg between the shocks, and if you use FS b4 the dot wears off its a loss of dps. Ofc if she has to move and FS dot wore off FS will have priority over frost shock.

As for gear, there is quite few many loots our there for elemental shamans aside from ulduar. I suggest running Maly 10 for the boots, OS25, Naxx 25 for trinkets, wrist, waist, rings. All these items if you look 'em up have the priority stats for elemental shamans (hit, haste, crit, and sp ofc). Uld 10 can help as well. If she just dinged 80 recently she shouldn't rush trying to get as high as those of us who have been playing ele for along time. It takes time to get things down and it is not a failure if she cannot output 4.8k+ dps on Patch or 4K+ regular fights its np. Once she gains the experience to play this class her dps should increase significantly.

And remember the stat priority should be:

Hit/263 for draenei shamans with moonkin or sp in raid with hit debuff on the target/-->Sp/As high as possible/-->Haste/540-550/-->Crit

Agree with Malrman

I used to have problems pushing the dps until i upgraded my internet seemed latency was killing of my dps.

I cant stress enough how important it is to ALWAYS get two Lavabursts in during a FlameShock application, if you miss one your going to take a BIG hit to your overalll dps.

And do not ever ever EVER EVER use a static rotation on your shaman with Heroism/Bloolust, Haste pots, Swift retribution and the like youll always end up clipping/not casting with a static rotation.

A trick of sorts, since i used to play a mage i was spending alot off time QQing about the aoe power that elemental shammies didnt have...well i was semi right BUT whenever theres trash (Multiple mobs 3-4ish) to be killed use your Magam totem it increases your personal dps by alot and since trash dies quickly Wrath isnt really needed (By the way keep this one to yourself, the other casters will probably whine about not dropping theire favourite totem)

//Bustah of Runetotem

Although the preceding posters put forth some excellent suggestions about fine-tuning performance issues, it seems as if they might have, in large part, missed the larger picture.

Genuine Interest in Improvement > Gear + Rotation

The helpful ideas put forth thus far have been predicated on the belief that your GF is willing to invest time and energy into improving her dps. If this were the case, I would imagine that she would have already started studying EJ and other theorycrafting sites or, for example, would have researched quest-rewarded upgrades to a trinket that she got in Nagrand. Either of these would have resulted in, among other things, her pursuing a hit cap that she is currently 148 points under and/or upgrading a BC trinket though Northrend quests. (The former will produce the most substantial dps increase that she can realize.)

Thus, one might conclude that the easiest way for her (and you, since you seem to have an interest here as well) to increase her dps would be to educate yourselves about the class, its mechanics, and its capacity. There are a wealth of forum discussions, theorycrafting posts, and WoW sites out there; I suggest you start looking at some. (Or hey, maybe even read the Elemental DPS FAQ primer that someone was so good as to stickie in this very forum. )

~ Vixsen, Laughing Skull

if your looking to get lots of hit quickly get the trinket from hc vh
    and get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38765 from the quest in dragonblight
    they are both much better than what she had before :P