Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: wait, what? paladins just got a better cheat death talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Nd
    Did I call you a scrub? no. However, you did. If you can't play nice mommy will take the internet away from you. Btw, I heard the mobs get really tough past Sethekk Halls.
    You are right this post is clearly not making fun/calling him a scrub at all. You are obiviously complimenting him. My bad LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by babuka
    get a mage for 3's and the prot pally healer has no chance at all coz' he doesn't have an instantheal...your mage just has to counter one of the pally's heals in the right moment and the pally goes down without even being able to use bubble. 2's will die anyway due to the season 7 gear change so stop complaining about prot healers.
    except for the whole cheat death thing that they have now...you know, the topic of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by YouMadMan
    You are right this post is clearly not making fun/calling him a scrub at all. You are obiviously complimenting him. My bad LOL.
    I was responding to his insult. Get off that guy's jock already. You guys circle jerking back there or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    You can all keep on kickin and screamin. On the PTR, prot pallys are doing 2s and 3s with other prot pallys. Completely unstoppable regardless of who they are playing against.

You do need to realize that there are two types of prot pallys in arena though. You have the prot/ret spec'd pally in prot gear and the prot/holy spec'd pally in holy gear. Makes a huge difference. Both are pwnage though.
    Posted by Blizz:
    "There is an unrelated bug with Ardent Defender that makes Prot paladins more and more survivable as their health approaches zero such that it is literally impossible to kill them... though Chaos Bolt might work."

They are still doing well, but you can't judge it by PTR right now unless this has been corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by funkeh
    instead of trolling on boards go l2p scrub, maybe some day you'll be able to kill gimped protadins
    ^^^RETARD^^^

What gimps Protadins? 20 second ranged stuns and ridiculous melee mitigation (pvp)?

Here's my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...b&n=Gankeyjake

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    except for the whole cheat death thing that they have now...you know, the topic of this thread...
    so if the pally had 25k hp they would end up with 7.5k if they had ms on them 3.75k (or will it not be affected by healing debuffs?) so that's what another hit to kill them?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Unless I'm reading the change correctly, the "cheat death" part only happens when a hit would take the Paladin from >35% to 0%.
    If a hit takes them from >35% to <35% then the Damage reduction takes place.
    If a hit would take them from <35% to 0 then the damage reduction happens but not the "cheat death"

As a prot pally should have almost 30k HP even in PvP, it would take a hit of ~10.5k for the "cheat death" to actually happen in PvP. I haven't done much Arena, but i don't believe 10.5k happens very often if at all.

As previously stated, i could be reading the post incorrectly, or the OP could be reading it incorrectly.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmachete
    ^^^RETARD^^^

What gimps Protadins? 20 second ranged stuns and ridiculous melee mitigation (pvp)?

Here's my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...b&n=Gankeyjake
    Why on earth would you gem for AP? Isnt that like the ultimate no-no for rogues? Isnt AGI/ArP the way to go?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Its relatively impressive how quickly this topic moved from a possibly misinformed QQ to a flame war between two children.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

lol, look what have i done. :P

anyways, update: now works exactly like cheat death, only "worse" you might say, with requiring DEF gear instead of our equivalent of res gear.. so JUSTICE IS SERVED (ye)

Quote Originally Posted by LAWMAN00
    Prot pallies do not have infinite mana. If they are fighting a melee class then yes, they basically have infinite mana. However, if u kite them and dont let them hit you, then by no means do they have infinite mana.

Guarded by the Light Rank 2

Reduces spell damage taken by 6% and gives a 100% chance to refresh the duration of your Divine Plea when you hit an enemy. In addition, your Divine Plea spell is 100% less likely to be dispelled.

This means if u kite them and dont let them hit you, they will go OOM rather quick.
    When does Melee class kites? *May be* rogs, but not like they can kite a pal and does awesome dmg.

1 stun + HoF, all the gap closing needed. (and mana + heal after)

2 times within 1 trinket cooldown. Not like a *kiting* rog will take down a pal any time soon.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius
    Its relatively impressive how quickly this topic moved from a possibly misinformed QQ to a flame war between two children.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."